Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
Chundadragon wrote:

Aaaaah, thanks for clearing that up for me! :) I swear everyone tells me the above makes me people immune to proj reflect haha :P

Which is exactly why I'm confused as to how it gets passed around so easily. Everyone states that Ondar's makes you immune to proj reflect and accepts it as fact but noone ever goes out, tries it and reports the facts?

Seems weird.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Reflecting halth the time own damage is still better than hitting yourself all the time. Thanks for Neon post btw.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
"
qquno wrote:
Reflecting halth the time own damage is still better than hitting yourself all the time. Thanks for Neon post btw.

Well that's where you have to weigh the pro vs con. You have to spend extra points getting to Ondar's, you drop RT and have to be an accuracy based character with no crit as a benefit and strain your gear/passives further. I don't see the bonuses outweighing the negatives for 50% reflect avoidance.

The other thing while I don't think would hurt as much in this build, your reflects become streakier and more dangerous in my opinion. When you're hitting hard through crits you come to expect a certain damage coming back at you during reflect but when it occurs half the time it becomes unpredictable and dangerous. That's how I felt when I tested it on a crit based char anyway.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Guess this is more of a general question for all weapons but is there some simple calculator that will that can compare my current weapon to a new weapon I might want to buy? This build relies a on speed but I don't know how to figure out when speed doesn't outweigh something like higher elemental damage on the weapon. For example.

A 2.13 APS weapon doing 195 elemental damage total DPS 270 vs
A 1.96 APS weapon doing 220 elemental damage total DPS 323

You can't simple use DPS as an indicator correct?
I want to say I loved mathils build, it got me to level 94 in about a month. I just swapped to a crit dagger build since I now have the currency for it, my buzzsaw stuff is now for sale.
ign sweetumss
how hard is it to get a 3r 3g 6 link armor?
"
my buzzsaw stuff is now for sale.

How much for the Alpha's Howl in standard?
Last edited by Nanology on Feb 27, 2014, 11:46:20 PM
"
BenN1ce wrote:

A 2.13 APS weapon doing 195 elemental damage total DPS 270 vs
A 1.96 APS weapon doing 220 elemental damage total DPS 323

You can't simple use DPS as an indicator correct?

I may of misunderstood, however it's not quite as simple as using the dps of the weapon. it's more of a DPS of all your +dmg compared to the other.

The 2.13 APS is 8.67% faster base speed then the 1.96 aps weapon. (2.13-1.96)/1.96

And the real scaling come from the total amount of +elem dmg on all of your gear and auras.

So if the slower weapon increased your total elemental +dmg by more than 9% then it might be worth using.

Not sure if that is clear, but lets say you take your auras, gear and everything before WED and it's 1000 elemental dmg (simple math), that slower weapon would need

2.13 * 1000 = 2130 dps
1.96 * 1087 = 2130 dps (slight rounding)

And tbh this isn't a very accurate representation but it's close enough of an example, but the truth is it would still greatly lean towards the faster weapon.

You would need more like 11-12% more +elemental dmg for it to be better and the reason is with the faster weapon the hits apply faster, and thus the returning flight occurs faster as well. This example would be even more in favor of the faster weapon if you were using shock stacks and/or crits.

(at least i think it is)
Last edited by Zeddekus on Feb 28, 2014, 2:01:30 AM
"
Effinlag wrote:

took me almost 200 chromes to get mine to 3g 3r

Should i exalt this?

Also 32% life + 50 strength vs acrobatics... which is best? I know most builds seem to be going acrobatics but right now i only have 4k like. I'm only lvl 70 so that would be my next 5 points to get either acrobatics or the 32% life and 50 strength. After that I can then go for 5 points towards 26% life + 20 strength or acrobatics. I just need to know how important acrobatics is.
IGN : Futons
Last edited by Futon on Feb 28, 2014, 3:32:51 AM
"
Futon wrote:
"
Effinlag wrote:

took me almost 200 chromes to get mine to 3g 3r

Should i exalt this?

Also 32% life + 50 strength vs acrobatics... which is best? I know most builds seem to be going acrobatics but right now i only have 4k like. I'm only lvl 70 so that would be my next 5 points to get either acrobatics or the 32% life and 50 strength. After that I can then go for 5 points towards 26% life + 20 strength or acrobatics. I just need to know how important acrobatics is.

4k life at level 70 is quite acceptable, Acrobatics is a huge survivability boost imo, wouldn't do an Evasion character without it. First Acro then life I'd say.

That belt has one open prefix and tbh - the options don't look good, you can get one of these -

Physical Dmg To Return To Melee Attacker

Armor Rating

Base Max Energy Shield

Flask Life Recovery Rate +%

Flask Mana Recovery Rate +%

None of which are particularly appetising. Your own choice really, if you have the exalts to spare, you can always hope for a high armour roll which would increase the value of the belt significantly.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info