Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

How the heck do you guys deal with elemental reflect maps?
aura effect nodes give 82% max resis on fire/lightning. As long the map is not also -max resis it is not a problem.
?? is it elemental adaptation that raises the cap? I run purity and have 75% on all 3. I can't imagine raising it 7% makes me suddenly have no problems with reflect maps.
Elemental Adaptation gives 2% and Purity of Fire/Lightning give 5%. 82% Resis against 75% means you take 28% less Damage from Reflect. 18/25=0.72. Lifeleech should be enough to cancel that out. You do have lifeleech Gem, do you?
once your purity fire+light hit 20 and u got all aura buff nodes, reflect isnt a problem at all. running around with 84fire+light+ondars+acro+highEV (and popping topaz/ruby 94%!) makes you basically immune to every elemental reflect as long as its not -max.

currently at level88 and only had one close call, and that was against thorns in -25max (almost 1shoot myself lol). thanks for inspiration open poster, awesome build!

gear:
Spoiler

build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAnEDlgSzBbUMfRB_EZYUTRZvFy8Ziho4Go8c3B0UHaoi6iQ8JLAnqSftLYMvbzB8MZ4yiTWSNuk7KDwtRnFJUUrITeNRR1XGVdZX4lnzWlJabWBDZOdmnm49bqpvnnC7cql35XzZfXV_K3_GgKSDCYbRiPGNv49GkFWTJ5cGm12btaIAplenCKdcp4SomqxZrKq0DLXytz64k7vjwBrDOsSixPbGnsauykrN6s9l0NDTftQj1orZE-GI42rnY-jW7DjwH_KX89322vrS-wn-Cv6P_ro=
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
K need to start leveling those 2 gems and eventually not run purity. Thanks.
Also dropping RT helps to reduce ele reflect, since with RT you could not evade own reflect, without you can... stacking shit load of evasion and then suffer from own reflect.. some ppl do not realize it.

I personaly did not played this build, but i recommend it to a friend, he got to lvl 93 and dropped RT for above reasons.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
"
qquno wrote:
Also dropping RT helps to reduce ele reflect, since with RT you could not evade own reflect, without you can... stacking shit load of evasion and then suffer from own reflect.. some ppl do not realize it.

I personaly did not played this build, but i recommend it to a friend, he got to lvl 93 and dropped RT for above reasons.

If you follow that strategy, Ondar's Guile and dropping RT makes you immune to reflect completely as you evade 90% of all projectiles (your own reflect) and that is if they get through Acrobatics and block.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEswW1DH0QfxGWFE0WbxcvGYUZiho4Go8c3B0UHaoi6iQ8JKoksCepKPotgy9vMHwxnjIJMok1kjbpOuE7KEGHRnFJUUrITeNRR1XGVdZX4lpSWm1gQ2TnZp5sRm49bqpvnnC7cmx35X11fyt_xoCkgseDCYbRiPGNfY2_j0aQVZMnlwabXZu1oSKiAKJAplenCKdcp4Somqluqn-quKxZtAy18rc-uJO748AawzrEosaeykrN6s9l0NDTftQj1orZE9xX4Yjjaudj6Nbr7uw48B_xdvJF8pf0-Pba-ej60vsJ_gr-j_66

Here's an adjusted build for reflect immunity, notice you won't need Elemental Adaptation for reflect anymore, you get Ondar's and you also get a cute lil 24% life boost.

However, it's not so necessary and you end up losing a lil bit of DPS, curious how much, anyone fancy trying it?

EDIT: Theorycraft Moment!! If you decide to do that variation of the build, you could do with running only 3 auras, maybe leaving a lil mana spare? You might be able to pick up EB at that point and maybe if GGG is kind to us with the possible ele dmg mana leech, we could run this off mana, and as has been suggested before, put in Added Lightning etc.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEswW1DH0QfxGWFE0WbxcvGYUZiho4Go8c3B0UHaoi6iQ8JKoksCepKPotgy9vMHwxnjIJMok1kjbpOuE7KEGHRnFJUUrITeNRR1XGVdZX4lpSWm1gQ2TnZp5sRm49bqpvnnC7cmx35X11fyt_xoCkgh6Cx4MJhtGIQojxjX2Nv49GkFWTJ5cGm12btaIAplenCKdcp4Somqluqn-quKxZtAy18rc-uJO748AawcXDOsSixp7KSs3qz2XQ0NN-1CPWitkT2wvhiONq52Po1uvu7DjwH_F28kXyl_ba-ej60vsJ_gr-j_66

Like above... maybe that would even be a DPS boost? That would require a completely different style of gearing and is kinda reliant on what GGG decides to do with SotV. By that time, the tree might have changed so much the tree I posted may be obsolete. (Losing +max is also painful, it's actually saved me from a volatile 1-shot)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Feb 27, 2014, 1:27:44 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:

If you follow that strategy, Ondar's Guile and dropping RT makes you immune to reflect completely as you evade 90% of all projectiles (your own reflect) and that is if they get through Acrobatics and block.

I'm actually not sure how this misconception is still so popular. I heard this a lot and tried it myself on a character I leveled. You do not become immune to relfect.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/474676/page/1

Neon explains it here and usually at best you come out to 50% chance to reflect your own attacks which doesn't let you blast into -max/reflect maps anywhere near as much as you'd think.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Mathil wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

I'm actually not sure how this misconception is still so popular. I heard this a lot and tried it myself on a character I leveled. You do not become immune to relfect.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/474676/page/1

Neon explains it here and usually at best you come out to 50% chance to reflect your own attacks which doesn't let you blast into -max/reflect maps anywhere near as much as you'd think.

Aaaaah, thanks for clearing that up for me! :) I swear everyone tells me the above makes me people immune to proj reflect haha :P
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info