Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

^ I still am missing something on figuring out the prefix/suffix stuff in crafting.
For instance, I believe this is exaltable but what are the possible mods?

I'm assuming another resistance is possible? But I'm not sure... Looks like I have 3 prefixes because of the stun recovery (don't know how it's 38 thought 34 would be highest off 2 rolls?) and life. Then I have 2 suffixes of dex and 1 resist. So, could roll another resist right?

also, would one just yolo exalt that or would it be wise (worth) to eternal first?

-----------
I also have this chest but it's not 6linked yet. 2265 fusings (28 friggin 5links)
This i believe is more worth eternal and exalt. Could it roll flat evasion? Or is that 3 prefixes and 2 suffixes as well?

while I'm at it. What about these?

these have 3 suffixes and 1 prefix so 2 prefixes available. May be worth it for flat evasion or something.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Feb 28, 2014, 4:20:21 PM
Grats with breaking 100+ pages! :D
IGN: MsAnnoyance
"
qquno wrote:
Grats with breaking 100+ pages! :D

liek omg no wai
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
First of all, Thanks to Mathil for the excellent and fun build.
second, 100 + pages is a testament to the usefulness of the build, but more importantly Mathil's willingness to stick around and answer questions - so thanks for that as well - I've learned a lot.

after messing around in the beta a bit, I started playing this game about 2 weeks or so ago in the Domination league that just ended. I found this build, and started playing it and had a blast. I was mostly using the end of Domination to try and pick back up the game and and learn some builds in preparation for the next leagues. I was able to find or craft most of the things I needed to progress, and did ok. The thing is, of the builds I tried on, I really like this one, and want to use it in the new league. What I have now is adequate to do 66-68 maps, but I'd like to do better. What I'd like help with is determining what affixes on gear make the most impact. for example, is speed the most important weapon attribute or is added elemental damage? are there some critical nodes I've missed? I realize that I'm missing the Alpha's howl, and a 5L chest, but I couldn't find quite enough currency to get or make them (I did find 2 exalted orbs, but that's not quite enough for the Alpha's) If I had a 5L I would probably throw a weapon elemental damage support gem on to see what happens.

Basically, what order do you prioritize gear and gear affixes to make the most impact? strait elemental damage, speed, increased weapon elemental damage

As I sit right now in standard, I have
2.4k life
do about
3.3 k damage
and have almost maxed resists without auras (fire is at 71%)

I'd really like to take this build to the next level, but need a little help figuring out what direction that would mean.

My gear at the end domination (the sword directly below is current in standard).
Spoiler

Then today I made this sword with leftover swag. It bumped my dps up about 700 or so. current dps is about 3.3 k
Spoiler

for reference, here is my tree with 4 points currently in reserve as I try and decide whether Acrobatics is necessary or not
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YMfRB_EZYWbxcvGYoaOBqPHNwdFB2qIuoksCftLYMvbzGeMgkyiTWSOuE7KDwtRnFKyE3jVcZV1lfiWfNaUmBDZOdmnmxGbj1uqm-ecLtybHKpd-V82X5Zf8aApIMJhtGPRpBVkyeXBptdm7WmV6cIp4SomqlurKq0DLXytz64k7vjwBrDOsSixPbGnsauykrPZdDQ2RPhiOw48kXyl_ba-tL7Cf4K_o_-ug==

Thanks for any help, and here's hoping the next patch and/or tree changes don't break this very entertaining build.
We are the people our parents warned us about...
Jimmy Buffet
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Futon wrote:
"
Effinlag wrote:
how hard is it to get a 3r 3g 6 link armor?

took me almost 200 chromes to get mine to 3g 3r

Should i exalt this?

Also 32% life + 50 strength vs acrobatics... which is best? I know most builds seem to be going acrobatics but right now i only have 4k like. I'm only lvl 70 so that would be my next 5 points to get either acrobatics or the 32% life and 50 strength. After that I can then go for 5 points towards 26% life + 20 strength or acrobatics. I just need to know how important acrobatics is.

4k life at level 70 is quite acceptable, Acrobatics is a huge survivability boost imo, wouldn't do an Evasion character without it. First Acro then life I'd say.

That belt has one open prefix and tbh - the options don't look good, you can get one of these -

Physical Dmg To Return To Melee Attacker

Armor Rating

Base Max Energy Shield

Flask Life Recovery Rate +%

Flask Mana Recovery Rate +%

None of which are particularly appetising. Your own choice really, if you have the exalts to spare, you can always hope for a high armour roll which would increase the value of the belt significantly.

Okay thanks for the info :D I just hit 74 and got acrobatics. Loving the build. Just gotta find a couple pieces of jewlery and a better weapon and i'll be set (as long as the patch doesn't screw the build).

Should i yolo exalt this?

I'm at 4531 health and 9850ish dps @ lvl 74 right now with maxed resists. Should I move towards more damage or more health first?
IGN : Futons
Last edited by Futon on Mar 1, 2014, 1:06:50 PM
"
SilverBanshee wrote:

I realize that I'm missing the Alpha's howl, and a 5L chest, but I couldn't find quite enough currency to get or make them (I did find 2 exalted orbs, but that's not quite enough for the Alpha's) If I had a 5L I would probably throw a weapon elemental damage support gem on to see what happens.

Basically, what order do you prioritize gear and gear affixes to make the most impact? strait elemental damage, speed, increased weapon elemental damage

Three possibilies regarding your chest Situation, which has priority over Alpha's Howl in my opinion. I would choose number 1.

1.try to buy a Tabula Rasa for the 2 ex you have. there are all for 3 ex buyout on xyz, but I am sure you can get one for 2 ex and maybe some chaos to round it up. Your damage will skyrocket with wed und faster attacks. If you feel like your defence is to weak with tabula then ditch haste and use grace. Haste is good but the faster attacks gem is better.

2. You can try to 5 Link yourself if you can your hand on a good Chest. But only do that if you have something with 1500 Evasion and more then 70 Life. Resis are good, but not the priority on the chest. Expect to spend 300 Juwelers to 6 socket and 200 Fusings to 5 Link. Chances are you need less but these numbers can happen.

3. Buy a white Evasion based armor for 3-5 chaos, use a few chaos or alterations until you get a life roll.

After that upgrade your items selffound. Look for Evasionshield with life and ring amulets with Weapon Elemental Damage/life. Start saving for Alpha howl. Life Leech gem becomes better in the higher damage areas, start leveling one as soon as possible. Can you run both 40% auras with out Alphas? I think not, but I am not sure. Maybe just use the normal Purity of Elements then. That gives you more flexiblity to wear damage rings without resists.

Next things to skill: Acrobatics, Elemental Adaptation, Static blows and Chance to shock and the 12% life node in the big life wheel in the order you see fit.
Nice one, gonna try it. Thanks
What'd I miss?
"
derberherbert wrote:
Expect to spend 300 Juwelers to 6 socket and 200 Fusings to 5 Link. Chances are you need less but these numbers can happen.

The one time I tried to 6-socket a chest, I wasted around 500 jeweler's orbs and still didn't get it (yes, the item level was high enough). I think it's almost always better to buy pre-socketed or pre-linked gear, even if it's a white or blue chest.
Since we know a bit more about mechanics of upcoming Vaal Orbs, what do you think might be potential use for them assuming build will be still more or less viable after the skill tree changes? I bet Reduced Mana and Aura gems will be corrupted for some free bonuses and jewellery. Maybe Alpha's for extra, potentially helpful, mod?
Last edited by borek664 on Mar 1, 2014, 1:40:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info