PoEStatistics.com - extended statistics

I'm fairly certain that anything we do on this website, or in the game Path of Exile, is the property of GGG, therefore, we have no right to ask how it is handled.

Meaning, their Terms of use states they will not give out personal information without our permission, that covers them on the 'privacy' front, however, my Duelist named Smashumsbunchalot isn't personal, and the character itself, it's hear, it's exp, it's everything is owned by GGG not by me, so i can't ask how that name, exp, hours played etc is handled.

Right?
"
Axtrixis wrote:
I'm fairly certain that anything we do on this website, or in the game Path of Exile, is the property of GGG, therefore, we have no right to ask how it is handled.

Meaning, their Terms of use states they will not give out personal information without our permission, that covers them on the 'privacy' front, however, my Duelist named Smashumsbunchalot isn't personal, and the character itself, it's hear, it's exp, it's everything is owned by GGG not by me, so i can't ask how that name, exp, hours played etc is handled.

Right?

There is a synonym provision in EUs "personal information" legal definition. I do not know the extend to which it has been explored in the courts. If it covers usernames used on the net, it will make "right to be forgotten" into a far-reaching censorship-machine and make it a legal requirement for PoEStatistics.com to remove a user-name on request when it passes late 2013. On the other hand, pathofexile.com and templeofexiles.com are not under EU jurisdiction and can therefore choose to ignore such requests no matter what (Not saying that complying should not generally be encouraged if it is easy to do)...

I would like people feeling their privacy is threatened to give a general idea about what part of the information they have a problem with. I think it is good to get a discussion on the topic. As has been mentioned before, creating a new account is free and pretty easy, so if you want to discuss anonymously, create a new account for it. In that way you have got your feet on dry land, while pointing out possible issues with the games privacy policy.

As for playtime, I can see why people playing in their workhours or while having other commitments want to hide some of their playtime, but I am not sure if such behaviour should be encouraged anyway.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
my point was, as the player, i can't ask poestatistics to remove "axtrixis" as i do not own it. GGG owns it, so only they can ask for it to be removed.
"
Axtrixis wrote:
my point was, as the player, i can't ask poestatistics to remove "axtrixis" as i do not own it. GGG owns it, so only they can ask for it to be removed.
We have the same opinion on this issue
http://path-of-exile.pl Polska strona

http://poestatistics.com Ladder statistics
Soon new features. We plan integrate poestatistics.com with poetools.com
Nice integration of the season(s) into the rankings.

Just to notice: some of the buttons and link names show still in polish. ^^
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Great site / sites -- keep it up!

Fun little tidbit to put the ABYSMAL MAP DROPS into perspective...

Approx 90 hours of EXP time last 2 months (from mid February to present):
1 map level 70
3 maps 69
rest <= 68

This is solo, and most of the maps had over 40q or pack size mods. I'll note I started off making them rare (in closed, they dropped WAY more so I assumed I wouldn't get so screwed). All I got was virtually no map drops while depleting my chaos/scour/alcs/chance.

I believe I represent the majority of players -- the solo hardcore crowd that has work/kids but puts in tons of hours in their off-time, doesn't stream or have loads of friends to supply and run maps. I do play in the hardcore league so I realize it's harder to get maps cause we're unwilling to accept certain mods depending on build, but overall I feel the rate is still, quite unequivocally, absolutely ridiculous.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
i think it would be nice to make the top list a little more than 15000, at least for default league
Does anybody else wish they could view the equipment of other users? The code is there!

I would love to be able to drop in and take a look at what builds the top players are using.
Seems that there is something broken with the event statistics: the last event shown for my chars is S1E64 (which is not the last I participated) - the season points seem frozen at an older stage and at least my (short) try in event 65 is missing in the 'unfinished events'.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info