New Forum Policy: No Hateful Posts

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I do agree the forums have turned to utter shit lately but this can be a slippery slope. I've been to forums that are moderated so heavily that I feel like I can't have any fun on them because if something is 100% constructive, I might as well not even bother posting it.
Hopefully they don't let the moderators go too crazy and they understand the difference.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Normally, my stance is absolute and unfettered free speech.

In this case, I agree with this completely, as some of the threads I've read recently did in fact make me feel bad for the devs, who are here to keep on trucking with an epically good game, not to soak up abuse from trolls with little peens.

I enjoy the game (although I suck at it apparently :D), absolutely appreciate your communication and honesty with us, the community, and as you know and many others have mentioned, for every whiny child on the forum, there are thousands and thousands of other people, grnding away for GGG.

*Pending impressive statement of some variety*
Awesom news :)

Now you can ban all those people who say 'ZOMG.. YOU RELEASED A BUG FIX UPDATE BEFORE FIXING DESYNC??? POE SUXXXXX'

Those people make me wanna post violent content!
IGN: TitanVaolox

This is good news. I've always felt that the forums haven't been moderated enough. Hopefully there will be less trolls derailing threads, and less ''noise'' cluttering up the forums.
"
Chris wrote:
developers have feelings too.

<3
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
yaaaay i can come back to the forums <3 guys
"
I'm not sure how I feel about this. I do agree the forums have turned to utter shit lately but this can be a slippery slope. I've been to forums that are moderated so heavily that I feel like I can't have any fun on them because if something is 100% constructive, I might as well not even bother posting it.
Hopefully they don't let the moderators go too crazy and they understand the difference.

I agree Clive. Hopefully with it being GGG staff there won't be powertrips. This can be a great move just watch over moderating.
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
Chris our Lord and saviour. :)

I agree with the change to hateful posts but I do enjoy the QQ from time to time...
this problem appears everywhere. So i agree, removing not constructive haters posts will be in place.
ign: CrushTheEvil
Maybe hateful posts weren't an issue of players themselves,but just a consequence that plenty of players DISAGREE with the way you're turning the game to?

For example i've been outraged when you introduced wings into game since its probably the ONLY cosmetic items which i CANNOT tolerate by any means,at any price,with any conditions,humans simply aint have em(even if they would,wings would be body part not a piece which you can attach or deattach),and our characters are humans right?..well no matter they do not exist in reality but they do seem like humans.

Anyway i managed to make a constructive post openly criticising whoever designed em job(still cant believe they did this),since you've promised gritty and realistic experience and not that winged cartoonish fantasy bullshit.But lets face it,not everybody can make a contructive post,some kids just like to toss their emotions and anger at game,some just can't talk english well(for example it's my 3rd language),you should respect em no less than any other player,because they are part of our community too,they are living players,they are humans,and im pretty sure being human includes the right to opinion,doesn't it?

Well,just expressing my concerns about the policy,thats about it.don't expect to receive cheerful comments when you made something wrong.
Last edited by Ward on Dec 2, 2013, 9:32:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info