New Forum Policy: No Hateful Posts

Here's hoping there are also a lotta older threads which will retroactively disappear, over time. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
It's a free game and also the BEST game no need to be hateful!
"
karakay wrote:
Censorship is never good....

I used to be a big believer in 'freedom' and personal individuality. But after much introspection and analysis of social dynamics, my viewpoint expanded as i grew.
Censorship is a big general term that reaches across many different forms of expressions, and i dont think its fair to treat all these forms equally.
Censorship of ideas, i think we can all agree is intolerable and an abuse of power.
But as for censorship of untruths and uncalled for aggression, is completely necessary for the health of the system. You see 'harm' extends well beyond the physical into many levels of social, economic, and belief(not just religious) systems. To apathetically ignore such harm is to be amoral.
Tolerating poor behavior leads to an acceptance of said poor behavior, and acceptance breeds mimicry. Very much like a disease, it propigates amongst and weakens the whole.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Dec 2, 2013, 11:03:28 AM
Normally I don't post, team of GGG, but I felt like posting on this.

I very much support this decision, for two very simple reasons.

1: Path of exile is a game, if you don't like it, it is optional anyway.

2: It is free to play, and not even pay to win, so there is no service for goods transaction which requires the proper performance of GGG to make good on providing a service.

I like the idea of keeping this place clean, and I believe that people are still going to have a voice against anything they don't like, they just must use their words properly, as we learned when we were young.

May your mental health improve, you should not have to deal with spoiled children that their toy isn't the one they wanted.

Even though I dislike censorship, the trolls may go.

I love this game but spending 3 minutes in the general forum will kill your mood to play.
Bad Seed
Wonderful news - the community & developers of this awesome game deserve a positive environment!!
I applaud this change.
"
copaceticus wrote:
Normally, my stance is absolute and unfettered free speech.

In this case, I agree with this completely, as some of the threads I've read recently did in fact make me feel bad for the devs, who are here to keep on trucking with an epically good game, not to soak up abuse from trolls with little peens.

I enjoy the game (although I suck at it apparently :D), absolutely appreciate your communication and honesty with us, the community, and as you know and many others have mentioned, for every whiny child on the forum, there are thousands and thousands of other people, grnding away for GGG.

Yes, free speech is so nice and joyful until the moment you start hearing things you don't want to hear. = =

I honestly can't believe you've genuinly ever stood for "absolute and unfettered free speech". Because truly believing in it, means that you are willing to accept a world where everything everyone says is complete shit in your ears.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
karakay wrote:

I used to be a big believer in 'freedom' and personal individuality. But after much introspection and analysis of social dynamics, my viewpoint expanded as i grew.
Censorship is a big general term that reaches across many different forms of expressions, and i dont think its fair to treat all these forms equally.
Censorship of ideas, i think we can all agree is intolerable and an abuse of power.
But as for censorship of untruths and uncalled for aggression, is completely necessary for the health of the system. You see 'harm' extends well beyond the physical into many levels of social, economic, and belief(not just religious) systems. To apathetically ignore such harm is to be amoral.
Tolerating poor behavior leads to an acceptance of said poor behavior, and acceptance breeds mimicry. Very much like a disease, it propigates amongst and weakens the whole.

Ideally, changing the imperfect systems from which we are forced to exist in would be a better route than censorship. But that is asking much more than our current evolutionary status of human beings can deliver..for a multitude of reasons; chief amongst them being that entities instinctively react to any proposed change with negativity and conflict. (individuals, government, and organizations are all entities and do in-fact each contain their own emergent intelligence)
Language itself offers many impediments to progress. I can imagine a language which does not allow for logical fallacies, contains no negative implications of its words, and requires assumptions to be fully stated.
What is most often portrayed as human individuality and free will is merely imperfections of our consciousness and the results of limited knowledge. It is NOT something to be celebrated. But at this level of perfection the purpose of human life must be called into question. And this question is far beyond the scope of this discussion.
But as for the here and now, we can reduce conflict by simply destroying that which we currently perceive as hostile and without merit.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
karakay wrote:

Can a person who has never been given the chance to be do "evil" ever be considered to be "good"? Is a person who does the "right" thing simply because of either habit or because he's been told it is "right" actually being a "good" person?

I strongly believe in that good cannot exist without evil and that a people are able to very much do things that appears to be "correct" for the wrong reasons.

By allowing people to do "bad", you encourage people to truly think about why it is even considered to be bad at all and why the things they consider to be "good" is "good".

What I don't want is a world where people do things just because, without ever reflecting why they do them in the first place. For this reason, people must be allowed to do "wrong" to as large extent possible, and that's why freedom of speech is important to me.

It is not surprising that entities throughout history have used censorship as a tool to control others. The excuses are often similar: "they think wrong", "They do wrong", "they provoke too much", "They incite harmful thoughts", etc, etc. It is so much easier when everything undesired is censored.

Ignorance is a bliss, and that's why people are so often able to accept that someone else already dictates what they should think and how they should express themselves.

Like Heath Ledger's Joker once said about the zombie-sheep mentality:

"

I just did what I do best. I took your little plan and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. Hmmm? You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info