[1.2.0] Omjak’s guide: Maximizing Dps - MAJOR UPDATE 3. REFINED TREES:NEW PERMA FREEZE TOTEM VARIANT

Would your Guide also work with Chain?
Without Piercing Shots?

And you are just running Hatred Aura right?
What about 2 Auras?
Last edited by Saufkopp on Feb 3, 2014, 4:11:21 PM
Yes it will. Just use LMP/Chain instead of GMP/Pierce, and you have indeed to remove piercing shot, but you can keep the 3 preceding small nodes.

"
Omjak_777 wrote:
"
Personnaly I'd go for added fire damage or WeD on LA (so you'll need to reroll colors), but Increase critical damage is also very good, I've used it extensively on frenzy and the boost is nice.
Elemental Hit however is an attack, not a support, but for sure it can be useful on phys reflect maps. Unfortunatly its cost is just ridiculous.

i meant weapon elemental damage, i mix the two sometimes lol
Ok, we agree then. WeD is definitely a good choice as it boosts all elemental auras also.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
Saufkopp wrote:
Would your Guide also work with Chain?
Without Piercing Shots?

And you are just running Hatred Aura right?
What about 2 Auras?

oh ya, really its ur choice, i'm just presenting an overlooked alternative that i use alongside a great passive build.

As for 2 auras, people have asked about it in this thread. running 2 auras would basically require everything to be on blood magic, and for you to stack some life-steal. You could also try running with Charisma and the other 5% reduced reserved node next to shadow tree. just keep in mind that the total reserved will be around 70% with those nodes, 86% if you only use a 20/20 reduced mana.
IGN: Omjak
"THIS WORLD... IS AN ILLUSION EXILE".
"
Yes it will. Just use LMP/Chain instead of GMP/Pierce, and you have indeed to remove piercing shot, but you can keep the 3 preceding small nodes.

"
Omjak_777 wrote:
"
Personnaly I'd go for added fire damage or WeD on LA (so you'll need to reroll colors), but Increase critical damage is also very good, I've used it extensively on frenzy and the boost is nice.
Elemental Hit however is an attack, not a support, but for sure it can be useful on phys reflect maps. Unfortunatly its cost is just ridiculous.

i meant weapon elemental damage, i mix the two sometimes lol
Ok, we agree then. WeD is definitely a good choice as it boosts all elemental auras also.

of course its a good choice, i've never said it was not xD, hell its been in the 6L additional links part of the mechanics section since made this guide lol.
Certainly :p (my phrasing was not the best, I didn't want to imply that :p)
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Feb 3, 2014, 6:18:14 PM
"
Certainly :p (my phrasing was not the best, I didn't to imply that :p)

lol, oh ok.

I'm running on 3 hours of sleep right now, so i'm a bit slower than usual. my bad.
@omjak,

well , back from testing :)
i'm more happier with incr crit dmg instead of added lightning in the LA combo, but i will give WeD a chance too if i will have enough chromatics to test this.

as for 5L frenzy over 4L frenzy:

i am happier with the boost to frenzy, simply related to group play and taking out mobs at the sides or ranged mobs like archers. im faster and the totem isn't needed to be placed every mobpack

realy, i sometimes "feel" that the totem decreases for no reason if a whole group blasts towards the map, exempt high cold res mobs for sure.

frenzy remains sustained

my other test:
i run 2 auras since a while, ele resis and life regen , so 2 40% auras. simply for the fact that in most common groups one player uses hatred already

this made me think of what i could do to push out more dps. so i tried blood rage with blood dance to gain 6% life leech and chaos dmg as an additional dmg stat.

my results:
having the mitts: no chance killing ele reflects with frenzy, u blast yourself to death. but the dmg guys... across 1000 dps more... huh lovley but not sustain.

and the 5% life regain from the boots while runing blood rage is steady... but once u lose ur charges ... u should get the hell outta there :)

so it was more like a just for fun test which ended up with 3 deaths between 84 and 85... not so funny after thinking about it right now ... hmm :D

Last edited by heimlichHELD on Feb 4, 2014, 10:35:30 AM
"
heimlichHELD wrote:
@omjak,

well , back from testing :)
i'm more happier with incr crit dmg instead of added lightning in the LA combo, but i will give WeD a chance too if i will have enough chromatics to test this.

as for 5L frenzy over 4L frenzy:

i am happier with the boost to frenzy, simply related to group play and taking out mobs at the sides or ranged mobs like archers. im faster and the totem isn't needed to be placed every mobpack

realy, i sometimes "feel" that the totem decreases for no reason if a whole group blasts towards the map, exempt high cold res mobs for sure.

frenzy remains sustained

my other test:
i run 2 auras since a while, ele resis and life regen , so 2 40% auras. simply for the fact that in most common groups one player uses hatred already

this made me think of what i could do to push out more dps. so i tried blood rage with blood dance to gain 6% life leech and chaos dmg as an additional dmg stat.

my results:
having the mitts: no chance killing ele reflects with frenzy, u blast yourself to death. but the dmg guys... across 1000 dps more... huh lovley but not sustain.

and the 5% life regain from the boots while runing blood rage is steady... but once u lose ur charges ... u should get the hell outta there :)

so it was more like a just for fun test which ended up with 3 deaths between 84 and 85... not so funny after thinking about it right now ... hmm :D

ive been wanting to run 5l frenzy/4l totem for awhile now (since added ranged phys came out). However, i haven't really had the time to put into this game as i used to. My original goal was to 6L my lioneyes (which was a terrible idea), and so now i'm kinda in a long-term stuck position until it randomly links one day xD. other than that, i think 5L frenzy, 6LA (with PCoC), and 4L totem is a great alternative that may be better than my original combo (which was originally a 1.0.2 build).

Because this game soo dam addictive, it's better for me to be in a kind of "poe" stasis. I'm happy enough reading news and answering ur guy'ses questions :D.
Hey omjak.. i was the one who pm you for help.

Anyway my shadow is at level 73. Currently these are my gears and my passive tree.

GEARS
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4FtQX5DPIOSA-rEZYV8Ba_Gf4a2xsBHhohdiP2JDwk_SaVJ6kqWzBxMHwx-jKUNj051DpCOlhJUUt4UEJRR1VLWkhabV_hYeJrJG17b_JwUnDVdvd3138Cfyt_xocZh9uIa4w2jX2Nv5UFlembJp2joJ-hpKIuo4qly6bgp1yn1Kp_qri1SMBRxKLGosqp0hnUI9aK1tHZxtwV3ajh2-OE51TndOjW6xTuDu_w8ELz6vlj_Kv-yP-T

My LA tooltip dps in town is only 1.2k(with hatred - 1.7k)
My frenzy tooltip dps in town is only 5.2k(outside town - 6.7k)

I do feel the damage is too low. Kindly help me out pls.
@spit

met u in game, let me know if u have any more questions.
Last edited by Omjak_777 on Feb 7, 2014, 11:00:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info