[1.2.0] Omjak’s guide: Maximizing Dps - MAJOR UPDATE 3. REFINED TREES:NEW PERMA FREEZE TOTEM VARIANT

Using a very similar build to this and have recently acquired a Lioneye's bow which has increased my damage hugely. I am now a little worried about physical reflect due to not being able to evade the damage.

Are you just very careful before you shoot anything or do you immortal call before each pack? Also wondering how CoDT immortal call would work with this, would the immortal call go off on the first bit of damage taken and potentially save you from a pierce crit frenzy shot going through multiple mobs?
"
Tiaro wrote:
Using a very similar build to this and have recently acquired a Lioneye's bow which has increased my damage hugely. I am now a little worried about physical reflect due to not being able to evade the damage.

Are you just very careful before you shoot anything or do you immortal call before each pack? Also wondering how CoDT immortal call would work with this, would the immortal call go off on the first bit of damage taken and potentially save you from a pierce crit frenzy shot going through multiple mobs?

i'm not careful at all, i just steamroll through everything and pay mild attention to what i'm shooting and my hp bar.

If ur using gmp plus LoH on LA and have dodge, don't worry about it too much.(i don't know if this is also true for lmp) Full Dodge will negate 40% of the damage from phys reflect, and LA cuts ur physical damage in half; you will still be able to spam la no problem (trust me). The only problem u will really have will be with frenzy, as well as using ur abilities on an elemental reflect mob. However, immortal call will fix ur frenzy problems, and removing hatred will let u do elemental reflect maps with ease. If your using iceshot on mainhand, u will be screwd everytime u attack an entire elemental reflect mob. If you have it on totem, it will die easily instead.

I don't worry about physical reflect anymore (unless its on maps) and just use immortal call to dispatch a rare monster with the reflect mod.

I self cast immortal call, but i do know about CoDT enough to give you advice on it. CoDT has the advantage of being activated from reflect. CoDT will activate automatically for you when u take a set amount of damage, and will keep activating if need be. I guess what ur asking is if you will take damage if it activates right in the middle of an attack animation. And i think it would if the timing was perfect. The instant it activates, u gain 100% physical reduction so i would assume that would be like using an armour pot right in the middle of an attack. If you can do this, i don't see why it would not negate the damage.
IGN: Omjak
"THIS WORLD... IS AN ILLUSION EXILE".
alright well self bump.

one question guys, do u guys think i should write a leveling guide? it seems like most of it would be review (although i do beleive I can add some personal knowledge). or maybe sum some of what has been said in this thread thus far?

also, the dps pics glitched, i don't know a good site to upload the images so i can create a link and show the picture in the op, suggestions would be nice.
You can use http://imgur.com/ for your images.

As for the leveling guide it may be helpful. The leveling breakdowns could be 20 by 20, it's not always easy to figure out how to spend our next 30 points (I made the mistake to build overly defensive at 1st). The other very important point for me was mana issues. Rowlav5 wrote some great stuff on this recently. One of its ideas I really like is running a low level clarity on life. It's very effective. Also one common mistake beginners make is to stack mana leech because they suffer mana issues, but they are not aware of the 12.5% of max mana cap. Simple calculation for needed ml:
max mana regen/s through mana leech = mana max * 0.125
frenzy cost/s: frenzy cost * frenzy att/s
frenzy mana leech: frenzy dps * ml / 100
These 3 informations make it easy to find how much ml one needs. And if max regen is lesser than cost/s then we probably won't be able to sustain frenzy with mana leech only. Then we must rely on flat mana regen, mana pots, etc. LA, because of it's slower attack is generally not a problem to sustain (and that's the reason why I have refund the mana after each kill point).

From my experience, the damages were underwhelming until I could change my bow for an average harbringer (220 dps with 8.2% crit) and a quiver with 6x% crit mult. I still have to update the amulet ^^ but at least I've finally hit the 10k wall with frenzy fully charged. I think you should emphasize more on this. This information is currently hidden in the second post and it's very important. Also as a consequence, one must stack res on sensibly fewer pieces: armor, boots, belt, gloves and helm (maybe remove one piece for Rat's Nest, Blood dance or Maligaro's Virtuosity/Thunderfists as many people like them). I believe it's not a so good idea to look for high res on jewelry and quiver because it makes them more difficult to upgrade for more offensive ones.

One additional thing regarding links. It may be hard to even get a 5L (I've already spent a sensible amount of jewel to 6S a good armor, just to make the 5L easier after). In the meantime, if there is a bit of life leech on gear, it is perfectly fine to replace LgoH in the LA combo by WeD and this increases the damages very sensibly. We just have to put back LgoH for reflect maps/packs.

Other useful tips to add: it's easy to apply status ailments so it's a good idea to have a bit of fire and lightning damage on gear, so that even frenzy can apply all status. Also Berek's grip is great with this build.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jan 22, 2014, 6:53:58 AM
Okay well, it's time to honour this guide, i have leveled 5 rangers, figured out what could be the best solution to be a sustaining char in the endgame phase. And this guide is it !

I have more than 4.2k Life and i am able to run 18% physical reflect Maps with reflect mobs in it.

i open up with LA to pull mobs and cast endurance charges up to 3 following 4 seconds of immortality, this is simply great. well and this quiver is your friend too :)

my frenzy comes close 2 19000 dps with 5 frenz charges until now in group play.

My damage is more than okay, mentioning that my gems are not q 20 % yet, but they will come, and the burst of a 20% will be extraordinary.

MY EQ:

One of the best guides out there, and well not to forget, the totem saved my group and saved me more than 20 times in endgame until now.

An another developed technique is that i run windscream 2 have the extra curse, simply arranged with temporal chains and critical weakness. I am able 2 pull between two and three mob groups with ease on open maps to do a large boom if they arrive as a nice hack and slay package :)

I'm really happy. try out this guide mate'$ ! ! !

greetz

heimlichHELD
Last edited by heimlichHELD on Jan 21, 2014, 5:53:53 AM
@Panini_aux_olives thanks for the link i'll check it out, and sorry for the late response.

Classes are starting so i'm very busy as of late. I read through his posts and i do agree with some of what he has written (although i couldn't follow some of the math). Whatever works is fine.

Alot of what you have have written has been discussed in this thread and such. Although i didn't highlight information as i should, alot of content that was discussed was meant for the leveling guide. I kind of figured that i had enough information up so that people could figure things out for themselves. However, i also quickly found that people were asking these questions anyway so i have answered them here as they came up.

The leveling guide wasn't really going to be on a point by point basis, thats what my "on a point basis" spoilers were for. It was more for navigating ur way through wraelcast, overcoming obstacles, and what gear to look for and such. But alot of this information is already out there, and i think putting it here may be just too boring and repetitive. I also think it would ruin the Fun of actually overcoming the game yourself.

However, i haven't completely decided against it so its still under consideration

as for 5ls, trust me i know this all to well.

from my experience it can take anywhere from 100 jewelers to 400 to 6s.

5L an item can take from 100-300 fusings (these are very rough estimates).

and 6L can take 1K+ fusings and is a horrendus ordeal. I recently foolishly decided to dump all my monehs worth into 6L and regret it completely. Thats partly why i slowed down on this game.

this information was also meant for the leveling guide xD. at this point i may just copy and past some thread discussions if i ever do finish it.
Last edited by Omjak_777 on Jan 22, 2014, 12:46:14 AM
@heimlichHELD

amazing, glad to see your making full use of the guide while adding ur own flare to make it personal. love to hear that its working for you :D.

However, i think you need a new ammi, but after that you'll be fantastic shape.
Last edited by Omjak_777 on Jan 22, 2014, 12:44:25 AM
Yes, many things have been discussed but it will be obviously easier for newcomers to this guide to get this information in a condensed forrm rather than scattered through 10+ pages. That is, if and when you have time to upgrade your guide ;).
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Hi Omjak,

Thanks for your build, i am enjoying it very much.

A few questions though.

1. Is it possibly better for this build to run 2 auras, by taking some reduced reserved mana nodes and running reduced mana? I find that grace is almost necessary for defence, but it would be great to run grace along side hatred for extra DPS.

2. What do i do with mana issuses? Right now i'm running 1 aura, i feel i need a little bit more mana to cast Ranged Attack totem and curses freely. Atm i can frenzy several times but will eventually run out of mana, and inbetween frenzy shots i will fire a normal attack.

I have the mind drinker passive, but i do not have the mana gained on killing blow passives. Although i have +6 mana gained on killing blow on my gear at the moment.

3. What is your opinion on mental acuity (and the health nodes around it) and primal spirit (near heart of oak) and the surrounding mana nodes)? I think they may be superior to the mana on killing blows, but i have had no experience with either.

4. I find it cumbersome to manually cast enduring cry and immortal call. I am thinking of linking Cast When Damage Taken - Increased duration - immortal call - enduring cry.
Should i leave CWDT at level 1, or should i level it up. I saw another guide on this forum Luny's i believe where they levelled CWDT up to level 12. and i have seen other guide's say leave it at level 4. so i am not to sure. What do you guys think?

Thanks alot!

Last edited by hacksaws on Jan 22, 2014, 7:45:13 AM
My personal opinion while waiting for Omjak's answer:

1) The influence cluster won't be enough to run 2 auras. You will need to go at least for Charisma, if not Charisma + 1st node in influence cluster. So you will have to sacrifice something. It may be worth the cost for high level maps though, when you're past lvl 85, as xp penalty becomes really harsh here. I haven't tested yet.
2 and 3) I have resolved mana issues by taking primal spirit and mental acuity for more mana & mana regen (my tree). I also run a level 6 clarity on life without even a reduced mana, as I don't have a spare RRB. This costs me around 300 life but it's really worth (from 4150 to 3850). As for leech, I have a Berek's grip (it's great!) in addition to Mind Drinker. In the end I have a bit more than 500 mana, and more than 30 mana regen/s with the clarity. This makes ability spaming an almost non issue. For the few times I have a problem, I just use a surgeon hybrid flask.

edit: regarding this topic, you may also want to look at the 3 posts from Rowlav5 that I have linked above.

edit2: fixed messed post with bad copy/past
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jan 23, 2014, 5:33:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info