[1.2.0] Omjak’s guide: Maximizing Dps - MAJOR UPDATE 3. REFINED TREES:NEW PERMA FREEZE TOTEM VARIANT

Hi!

Thank you for your guide, i found it very very usefull and simple. Very well explained.

But there is one thing that i didn't understand. In the skill tree why you didn't take the skills "Pressure Points" and "Heartseeker"?

Thank you!
"
Asiereiki wrote:
Hi!

Thank you for your guide, i found it very very usefull and simple. Very well explained.

But there is one thing that i didn't understand. In the skill tree why you didn't take the skills "Pressure Points" and "Heartseeker"?

Thank you!

Thats because hes tree is how he like to play, and obviously, you like to play another way. he never stated his tree is the best option, just an inspiration to people. Else i could go on like you and ask "why didn't you.." but my playstyle is also different...

its a guide, an inspiration ...
"
hexipox wrote:
"
Asiereiki wrote:
Hi!

Thank you!

Thats because hes tree is how he like to play, and obviously, you like to play another way. he never stated his tree is the best option, just an inspiration to people. Else i could go on like you and ask "why didn't you.." but my playstyle is also different...

I know that, but he is using a Crit based build. Didn't that skills make better the crits? he only need 1 point to take "Pressure Points" and he didn't take. I think there is a reason to avoid that skill.
hello. what do you think this boots
is good for this build ? I use
"
Omjak_777 wrote:
"
This support gem reduces the mana cost of linked skills, hence the lower than 100% mana cost multiplier. The reduction starts at 10% (mana cost multiplier of 90%) and increases as the gem gains levels. Important to note is that this gem will also reduce the amount of mana reserved by auras. Its quality bonus however, has no effect on auras.

As for your autos heres some food for thought. Having a high mana flask can definitely help you if you want to maintain ur abilitys. How mana flasks work is that they add to ur regen and help u regenerate mana until either ur mana reaches its "ceiling" or it consumes a given amount over its duration. What this means is that if u have a 300 mana pool and u use a flask with 1000+ regen; If u can maintain pace with it u can essentially spam 1000+ manas worth of abilities with its regen, regardless of ur mana pool. However, because of this "ceiling" effect it is easier for mana pools to fill and for mana flasks to stop regening at lower mana pools.

This is why i advise against clarity, and say potions are better.

hope this helps.
You should put that as an advice in the 1st page, in a faq-like section ;)

@textik: the passive tree has no resist nodes taken, that's why it is advised to use high resistance boots. If you manage however to achieve 75 all res without boots, you can surely use blood dance or dark vectors. But Lioneye's paws are a bit dangerous according to me. I really dislike the side effect.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jan 4, 2014, 3:33:44 PM
"
You should put that as an advice in the 1st page, in a faq-like section ;)

was going to make a leveling guide and explain it there. But because of the holidays and whatnot, and being lazy during break i havn't really worked on it as much as i should have xD.

Besides, I feel like there are plenty of guides on how to level and what gear should be taken (most are very similar). I fear that some of the information may be regurgitated or common knowledge.

Answering questions in this thread directly helps people and is a bit easier lol. I like ur idea of a faq section so i'll add it to the first page.
IGN: Omjak
"THIS WORLD... IS AN ILLUSION EXILE".
"
Asiereiki wrote:
"
hexipox wrote:
"
Asiereiki wrote:
Hi!

Thank you!

I know that, but he is using a Crit based build. Didn't that skills make better the crits? he only need 1 point to take "Pressure Points" and he didn't take. I think there is a reason to avoid that skill.

I'm lvl 73 with this build and I starve for skill points to spend them on life nodes.
Crit multiplier from these nodes does not nearly as much as life nodes will. Concentrate on getting crit multiplier on your gear as advised in the original guide.
"
anone wrote:

I'm lvl 73 with this build and I starve for skill points to spend them on life nodes.
Crit multiplier from these nodes does not nearly as much as life nodes will. Concentrate on getting crit multiplier on your gear as advised in the original guide.

Thank you very much! i will follow your advise.
i check this often so feel free to ask questions
IGN: Omjak
"THIS WORLD... IS AN ILLUSION EXILE".
Hi again,

I've just hit level 81, Deadly draw is finished and I'm looking for advice on where to go now. Here's the tree.

Full stats detail:
Spoiler

+74 to Strength
+292 to Dexterity
+104 to Intelligence
+428 to maximum Mana
+617 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 293
+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+5 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
140.4% increased Evasion Rating
28% increased Attack Speed
206% increased maximum Life
40% increased Accuracy Rating
8% increased maximum Mana
30% increased Block and Stun Recovery
40% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
20% increased Mana Recovery from Flasks
30% Chance to Avoid being Stunned
1% of Life Regenerated per Second
20% increased Projectile Speed
15% increased Projectile Damage
Projectile Attacks deal up to 50% more Damage to targets at the start of their movement, dealing less Damage to targets as the projectile travels further
174% increased Physical Damage with Bows
Doubles chance to Evade Projectile Attacks
235% increased Critical Strike Chance with Bows
4% increased Evasion Rating per Frenzy Charge
50% increased Critical Strike Multiplier with Bows
18% increased Frenzy Charge Duration
30% Chance to Dodge Attacks. 50% less Armour and Energy Shield
10% additional chance to Dodge Attacks
160% increased Critical Strike Chance
35% chance of Arrows Piercing
4% increased Physical Damage
6% increased Attack Speed with Bows
30% Chance to Dodge Spell Damage
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
4% increased Movement Speed
20% increased Critical Strike Multiplier
10% increased Accuracy Rating with Bows
+20.8% Energy Shield
+14.8% increased Melee Physical Damage
+584 Accuracy Rating

I manly see these 3 options:
- go for heavy draw. Plain but certainly ok.
- go for blood thirst and the last 20% node in assassination. And maybe the 5% aura reservation node to help running 2 auras together (hatred + purity or vitality?, not enough mana to go for grace because I don't use BM).
- go to duellist area for fury bolts, acceleration and leather and steel. This is a long term plan as it requires 11 points (doh!).

Btw, I have one remaining skill point.

Some numbers, all with hatred only:
- ~3.7k dps with frenzy, no charge
- ~6.8k with 6 frenzy charges
- ~1050 dps LA with 6 frenzy charges
- 3950 life
- 6700 evasion
- elemental res between 61 & 69. I've lost my 75@ for a 25% more dps.

So my dps is still low, making it difficult to be efficient in party, so xp is loooow. This is both because of my stuff (see below) and my choice to go for survivability before damage. Piety is a piece of cake however, and I start to go there by jumping all around, despite I get sometimes bad surprises with desynch.

Current stuff:
Spoiler

And I'd like to use this amulet:

But Grim Scarab is currently too useful because of its mana and mana regen. I also have a berek's grip waiting in my stash for when I'll more regularly freeze and shock mobs.

I can see on poe.xyz that I can up the bow for sensibly better one, around 250-270 dps for less than 20 chaos. Do you think it's worth this cost in Domination?
And I want to max back my res on armor pieces so that I can go for a sensibly more dps oriented quiver with a good csd multiplier. But bi/tri res + life armor pieces are quite expensive ~~.

So, any advice appreciated :)
Thanks !
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jan 9, 2014, 1:45:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info