[1.2.0] Omjak’s guide: Maximizing Dps - MAJOR UPDATE 3. REFINED TREES:NEW PERMA FREEZE TOTEM VARIANT

"
Gorgexpress wrote:
I run a similar build to omjak's and a few others in this topic.

spent the first month with full acrobatics.

Second month with only 1 point put towards acrobatics, so i could get more health nodes isntead.

Have always been full evasion without IR. That did not change.

And now i have this to say:

Acrobatics NEVER fucking again

I guess its a matter of taste. I tried IR and such others except ES, and felt like for me personally, my survivability was the best with Acrobatics. I also use lioneyes, so dodge is my only source of evade in a sense for reflect.

Different playstyles also Cater to different people. If you have found that acrobatics is not for you, then i'm glad I could help you with this, if I was at all helpful.
IGN: Omjak
"THIS WORLD... IS AN ILLUSION EXILE".
"
Srsbznz wrote:
I was linked to one of your builds after having not previously seen it while asking for advice on a Phase Acrobatics build. I think it looks very much like something I'm looking for and I modified your ranger build a bit to better suit my taste. But you seem to know what you're doing and I'm sure you've already tried very many options here so I'd appreciate your input on my changes.

1. I reduced the total amount of points a bit (I just feel builds with ~100p are more attainable), I tried to remove as little damage as possible, and also took a few more convenient health nodes below Soul Siphon instead of going up for "Written in Blood"
2. Auras. I really want to attempt running Grace with Hatred so I chose Influence and Charisma.
3. I'm considering running LA or Cold Shot (haven't decided yet, I like both) with a Blood Magic gem so I thought I might not need Mind Drinker and Soul Siphon.
4. "Pressure points". Why did you not take this? With the high crit chance you get from this build, wouldn't 30% crit multiplier be better than 25% crit chance?

Anyway, here's my build and here's the breakdown

1. thats fine, there are level point basis also so u can refer to those. I just made a "final" build for people who want to just see what it could look like in the end.
2+3.this will be difficult, IF u really want to do it I suggest having a 2 6ls if u want everything on bloodmagic, or ur dps will def take a hit. u could also figure out how to use what little mana u have left.
4.The point of this build is to get as high crit chance as u can and take mult from gear. U can get pressure points, and it is definetely worth it, you will just have to sacrifice a node somewhere else.

As for your build it is pretty good, ur total mana conserved will be 60% with a full quality 20/20 reduced mana.

The goal is to get a high crit chance and get mult from gear. Yes
Last edited by Omjak_777 on Dec 31, 2013, 3:31:20 PM
It's not really a different playstyle. Just a preference of building around the worst case instead of the average case.
"
Omjak_777 wrote:

2+3.this will be difficult, IF u really want to do it I suggest having a 2 6ls if u want everything on bloodmagic, or ur dps will def take a hit. u could also figure out how to use what little mana u have left.
As for your build it is pretty good, ur total mana conserved will be 60% with a full quality 20/20 reduced mana.

Just a side note - the quality on Reduced Mana gem does nothing for Auras. So don't bother hunting for one, just use a 0% quality one for them.

That being said, I had similar thoughts, since Hatred does wonders for my DPS and Grace does wonders for my survivability, so I went for some reduced mana reserved nodes. I am curently at 68% total reservation (level 17 Reduced Mana + 20% reduced mana from passives). As for LA, I have no problem even without BM. I run LA+LMP+PCoC+LGoH+Pierce at 40 mana per shot and I can shoot into a crowd constantly as long as I hit a few enemies (I have 2% mana leech from passives). With Frenzy, I run into issues though - on high armor / evasion mobs, my mana leech is not sufficient even with Mana Leech gem in the mix (I run Frenzy+Faster Attacks+Added Fire Damage+Mana Leech+Additional Accuracy), so every now and then my ranger switches to normal attack which hurts my DPS. I am looking for some +mana equipment to mitigate this at least partially which I guess should work.

Also, based on our conversation about Harbringers before, I managed to chaos-craft this one:

300+ DPS + 50%+ crit chance = pure awesome (although I still could do better)

Another thing I am experimenting with is a Flame Totem + GMP + Knockback + Blind combo as my "support". It keeps mobs away from me, which is a great form of cc, however it has nowhere near the DPS of the Ice Shot combo.
"
Arachnae wrote:
Just a side note - the quality on Reduced Mana gem does nothing for Auras. So don't bother hunting for one, just use a 0% quality one for them.

ty for keeping me honest lol.

"
This support gem reduces the mana cost of linked skills, hence the lower than 100% mana cost multiplier. The reduction starts at 10% (mana cost multiplier of 90%) and increases as the gem gains levels. Important to note is that this gem will also reduce the amount of mana reserved by auras. Its quality bonus however, has no effect on auras.

and nice bow.

As for your autos heres some food for thought. Having a high mana flask can definitely help you if you want to maintain ur abilitys. How mana flasks work is that they add to ur regen and help u regenerate mana until either ur mana reaches its "ceiling" or it consumes a given amount over its duration. What this means is that if u have a 300 mana pool and u use a flask with 1000+ regen; If u can maintain pace with it u can essentially spam 1000+ manas worth of abilities with its regen, regardless of ur mana pool. However, because of this "ceiling" effect it is easier for mana pools to fill and for mana flasks to stop regening at lower mana pools.

This is why i advise against clarity, and say potions are better.

hope this helps.
Last edited by Omjak_777 on Jan 1, 2014, 9:43:02 PM
this was a duplicate post, woops
Last edited by Omjak_777 on Jan 1, 2014, 9:40:34 PM
"
Omjak_777 wrote:
"
Srsbznz wrote:
I was linked to one of your builds after having not previously seen it while asking for advice on a Phase Acrobatics build. I think it looks very much like something I'm looking for and I modified your ranger build a bit to better suit my taste. But you seem to know what you're doing and I'm sure you've already tried very many options here so I'd appreciate your input on my changes.

1. I reduced the total amount of points a bit (I just feel builds with ~100p are more attainable), I tried to remove as little damage as possible, and also took a few more convenient health nodes below Soul Siphon instead of going up for "Written in Blood"
2. Auras. I really want to attempt running Grace with Hatred so I chose Influence and Charisma.
3. I'm considering running LA or Cold Shot (haven't decided yet, I like both) with a Blood Magic gem so I thought I might not need Mind Drinker and Soul Siphon.
4. "Pressure points". Why did you not take this? With the high crit chance you get from this build, wouldn't 30% crit multiplier be better than 25% crit chance?

Anyway, here's my build and here's the breakdown

1. thats fine, there are level point basis also so u can refer to those. I just made a "final" build for people who want to just see what it could look like in the end.
4.The point of this build is to get as high crit chance as u can and take mult from gear. U can get pressure points, and it is definetely worth it, you will just have to sacrifice a node somewhere else.

The goal is to get a high crit chance and get mult from gear. Yes

I didn't realize that I would only need to reserve 60% mana of my mana if I have the aura passives combined with a Reduced Mana gem. Then I will definitely skip Blood Magic. Do you have Soul Siphon and Mind Drinker instead of a Mana Leech gem? What do you think has more damage potential, those 4 points or an extra support gem? I guess you could also get an IIR or IIQ gem instead of a mana leech if you grab those passives.
As a new player to the game I've found your guide extremely helpful, insightful, and descriptive. Explaining why to do certain things versus others really makes for a great overall guide/reference post. The build as a whole is really starting to come into its own as I've progressed past level 60 and I am just curious your thoughts on the ideal bow for the build being as this is the one major piece obviously with a lot of good options come 65-67. I know Lionseye is kind of the go to overall BiS'like bow for bow rangers, but aside from this unique what would you recommend looking for?

Thanks! and again fantastic guide! has really made game enjoyable for me knowing it works later on in game :)

**EDIT**

Somehow I missed your discussion between high DPS Harbinger vs Lion's. I would imagine the Lionseye @5L or better will pretty much be an ideal bow from the time you can equip it and on. Was just trying to see if there was an equivalent alternative in the 8-12 Exalted price range.
Last edited by Milenkan on Jan 2, 2014, 9:28:24 AM
"
Srsbznz wrote:

I didn't realize that I would only need to reserve 60% mana of my mana if I have the aura passives combined with a Reduced Mana gem. Then I will definitely skip Blood Magic. Do you have Soul Siphon and Mind Drinker instead of a Mana Leech gem? What do you think has more damage potential, those 4 points or an extra support gem? I guess you could also get an IIR or IIQ gem instead of a mana leech if you grab those passives.

well its a little more than that acutally, its around 70%. i forgot that the quality reduced mana does not affect auras.
"
Milenkan wrote:
As a new player to the game I've found your guide extremely helpful, insightful, and descriptive. Explaining why to do certain things versus others really makes for a great overall guide/reference post. The build as a whole is really starting to come into its own as I've progressed past level 60 and I am just curious your thoughts on the ideal bow for the build being as this is the one major piece obviously with a lot of good options come 65-67. I know Lionseye is kind of the go to overall BiS'like bow for bow rangers, but aside from this unique what would you recommend looking for?

Thanks! and again fantastic guide! has really made game enjoyable for me knowing it works later on in game :)

**EDIT**

Somehow I missed your discussion between high DPS Harbinger vs Lion's. I would imagine the Lionseye @5L or better will pretty much be an ideal bow from the time you can equip it and on. Was just trying to see if there was an equivalent alternative in the 8-12 Exalted price range.

its around page 5-6 if u would like to read through it. and i'm glad i could be helpful :D.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info