Need help with my LA build

Hey guys, basically I'm level 66 now, at killing Dominus quest, and I'm having some serious trouble.
Everything hits me like a truck, even thou im capped on all resistances except chaos (-60), 3.2k HP, 51% physical dmg reduction (with Grace, and can up this to 58% if i switch hatred to determination).
My damage is pretty low too, 3.1k dps frenzy (with 6 charges + hatred), 556 dps LA (with 6 charges + hatred)..
I have no idea what to do.
This is my build as of now:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B5wR-BS0FtQX5CC4M8hQgFfAZihmOGdcZ_hpVGo8a2xsBG8gj9iT9KaUtgzB8Mn42PTboOdQ6UjpYPs9DMUp9TipQR1FHWkhbr14TYEthIWSjZ6Bqk2_ydO1463rvhO-HGYd2iGuNfY2_lwabjZ_LoJ-hpKXLpzCqf6q4tkG95r6nwA_STdN-1e3cgt0N4dvnCudU7YPuDu967_D22vlj-wn8xf7I

Gear:
Spoiler

Help please.
"
theko3x wrote:
Hey guys, basically I'm level 66 now, at killing Dominus quest, and I'm having some serious trouble.
Everything hits me like a truck, even thou im capped on all resistances except chaos (-60), 3.2k HP, 51% physical dmg reduction (with Grace, and can up this to 58% if i switch hatred to determination).
My damage is pretty low too, 3.1k dps frenzy (with 6 charges + hatred), 556 dps LA (with 6 charges + hatred)..
I have no idea what to do.
This is my build as of now:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B5wR-BS0FtQX5CC4M8hQgFfAZihmOGdcZ_hpVGo8a2xsBG8gj9iT9KaUtgzB8Mn42PTboOdQ6UjpYPs9DMUp9TipQR1FHWkhbr14TYEthIWSjZ6Bqk2_ydO1463rvhO-HGYd2iGuNfY2_lwabjZ_LoJ-hpKXLpzCqf6q4tkG95r6nwA_STdN-1e3cgt0N4dvnCudU7YPuDu967_D22vlj-wn8xf7I

Gear:
Spoiler

Help please.

get a better bow (like lioneye's glare)
unlink life leech, get life leech amulet instead (something like carnage heart)
farm merveil until you can afford those

your build is not optimized
if this is your first character, just follow any guides on forum

Hello,

While not playing hardcore, I advice players to not go that far in defensive passives nodes. Getting HP and nothing else with whoever the char you re making always works (even melee).

At level 66, getting 120-140% HP multiplier is good enough, relying on armor & eva is good for somewhat hardcore play but this is not good overall. Try to focus on being more offensive, Rangers needs to hit hard.

Lines you should follow :
*Gear is almost OK, nothing too good nor nothing too bad.
*Switch all your Auras and some passives to offensive, you spend way too much points in defense, don't forget killing before you get hit is the best defense.
*As to get some offensive stats, get the Deadly Draw Half Circle Passives nodes, respec Armor & Evasion Passives (well they re not that good).
*Change the way you see your links, and think as this as a number #1 Rule : Always link your skills with Weapon Elemenal Damage, Faster Attacks and Added Fire Damage.
*You've got a good Physical Bow, use it to its full extent : Hatred + (Wrath or Anger).

Force yourself being offensive, you ll see the result.
IGN - Nyakudaren
Cheap Map Drop Seller
I buy your 2 chaos for 1 chaos, I sell 1 chaos for 2 chaos
"
Rowlav5 wrote:
Hello,

While not playing hardcore, I advice players to not go that far in defensive passives nodes. Getting HP and nothing else with whoever the char you re making always works (even melee).

At level 66, getting 120-140% HP multiplier is good enough, relying on armor & eva is good for somewhat hardcore play but this is not good overall. Try to focus on being more offensive, Rangers needs to hit hard.

Lines you should follow :
*Gear is almost OK, nothing too good nor nothing too bad.
*Switch all your Auras and some passives to offensive, you spend way too much points in defense, don't forget killing before you get hit is the best defense.
*As to get some offensive stats, get the Deadly Draw Half Circle Passives nodes, respec Armor & Evasion Passives (well they re not that good).
*Change the way you see your links, and think as this as a number #1 Rule : Always link your skills with Weapon Elemenal Damage, Faster Attacks and Added Fire Damage.
*You've got a good Physical Bow, use it to its full extent : Hatred + (Wrath or Anger).

Force yourself being offensive, you ll see the result.

First of all, thanks for the answer !
I thought too i should be more offensive, but I don't know how to go about doing that..
I'm not sure about respecing out of the evasion\armor nodes, since they also boost my movement speed up by something like 10% which I need (but on the other hand i may just get new boots to solve this).
I also can't really link the skills like you said, If i want to use auras, i mustn't take Blood Magic from the tree, but then i have to spend 1 socket for a blood magic gem. I also need some method of healing myself - that's where the LoH\LS come in very handy, and in fact im pretty sure its impossible for me to play without them. If i however do spec blood magic, I can free 1 gem slot but cannot use any aura because casting it off of my life will really suck (or maybe i can manage something with Mortal Conviction ?)
I would like to hear anybody's opinion on what i said before i waste the regrets i don't have.
Most players relies WAY too much on blood magic to solve "sustain" issues. Playing Blood Magic has a meaning, a great cost that is to say.

Let's see what is the REAL difference between Blood Magic and the None Blood Magic User :

Blood Magic Gem :
In most case, where the players have mana issues, they go for Blood Magic Gem and throw every % of their mana in Aura. Its effective and solve many issues at the moment but it lower your char ability to increase DPS.
Setup Would be Skill + Blood Magic + Life Leech + 1 or 2 increasing Damage Supports, Let 's say you have a 5L which is easy to reach :
Skill + BM + LL + Faster Attacks + Weapon Elemental Damage. On an average setup that would be a 250-300% Damage multiplier from Base Damage (100 Base Ele or Phys, increasing nodes reaches 100-150% and WED Gem gives 60% More from Ele).
For any other Mana user :: You would have :
Skill + Faster Attacks + Added Fire Damage + Weapon Elemental Damage + hysical Proj
which leads to roughly 250-300 *1.3 * 1.3 % multiplier (let s round up to 450-550%).
for a 100 base Damage starter there s a diference of (500-275 = 200 ~~) Damage.
One simply deals 300 and the second one 500 which amplifies more with gear and base Damage.

Blood Magic :
This is (for me) the worst, not playing Aura reduce too much Damage. This is good for one reason when the skill cost way too much mana (Frenzy 7 charges, or Explosive Arrow 180 mana that relies on no aura). That frees one support slot indeed, but you 'll need life leech on gear, life leech gem or a lot of passive life regen (5% is kindly not enough).

Example of switch (I did myself) :
*I was relying on Iron Reflexes, Lots of eva, Life and playing Physical to LA with Frenzy. Aura were Grace & Hatred. My bow was hitting with a 120-240 Damage (let s say 180 Physical).
Stats :
8000 armor
4200 HP
400 Physical Damage
140 Cold Damage (Hatred)
140 Fire Damage (Added Fire)
Faster Attacks.
20% crit - 250 Crit mult
Result : 680 + 135 * 1.5 (crit mult increase) = 880 Damage

*I made some maths around crit, and damage, changed my bow for a lower DPS but crit bow (Harbinger Dual Crit but with real lower dps). Changed to Aura Ele, Physical Bow Base and some Wed stuff around with crit. Removed any defensive stats and play except for flask.
Stats :
1000 armor
3500 eva
3700 HP
450 Physical Damage
600 Cold Damage
1200 Fire Damage
600 Lightning Damage
Faster Attacks
55% crit - 700 Crit Mult
Result : 2850 + 1600 * 6.0 = 12450 Damage

Now the real question is, how Damage increased so much with a lower physical bow damage?
Projectile Damage & Increased Physical Damage from bow are higher while respecing 30 passives nodes for defense moving from 150% increased to 220% and higher Crit part), Changed the last link to Crit Damage.
Auras Buff (3 circle of aura : 9 pts + 7 points to get in). Weapon Elemental Damage on gear. Clarity on Blood Magic to get started for mana.
IGN - Nyakudaren
Cheap Map Drop Seller
I buy your 2 chaos for 1 chaos, I sell 1 chaos for 2 chaos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info