Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

Why do people insist on getting Sovereignty in their builds?
- The +1 to fire res is not necessary any more.
- The gain in life regen is not overwhelming.
- Everyone can't be that desperate in getting more armor from Grace.

Am I missing something important here?
I'm currently 80 and wondering whether people reroll maps with half regen? I take about 2% life per second in half regen with no frenzy charges.
"
sikker wrote:

yea i second this question ;P made my build without it in 1.06 and it worked - now we got even more regen.

i assume it might be the increased area somehow affecting righteous fire, although there is no "aura" on the gem wiki constantly speaks of righteous fire aura. the combo of increased area and aura buff would be pretty good so im planning on taking it but would love to know background mechanics.

also if u dont use alpha howl the +aura effect is also lower and i wouldnt take the nodes for a low-geared casual RF-marauder if the aura AOE wouldnt increase
"
sikker wrote:

"
MDGeizt wrote:
yea i second this question ;P made my build without it in 1.06 and it worked - now we got even more regen.

i assume it might be the increased area somehow affecting righteous fire, although there is no "aura" on the gem wiki constantly speaks of righteous fire aura. the combo of increased area and aura buff would be pretty good so im planning on taking it but would love to know background mechanics.

also if u dont use alpha howl the +aura effect is also lower and i wouldnt take the nodes for a low-geared casual RF-marauder if the aura AOE wouldnt increase

Aura-related nodes do not benefit Righteous Fire.

Sovereignty is no longer required for this build to function. However, that does not mean it is no longer desirable.

Achieving the highest maximum fire resistance allows the highest consistent regeneration possible. The Blood Dance, Ruby Flasks, and Rejuvenation Totems are nice, but there will be times when counting on these is impossible. Those instances are when your life regeneration (and as an extension of that, your maximum fire resistance) must prevent you from dying.

As an extension of this assertion, I would argue that the Sovereignty cluster is even more desirable than before; with the introduction of item corruption mechanics, it is possible to achieve level 23 auras in Alpha's Howl without Empower gems. The Sovereignty cluster makes the benefit of level 23 auras even more significant.
"
sikker wrote:

Not sure about everyone else but I use it so I can safely run Vulnerability maps while still being able to cast cyclone.

Using an Alpha's howl my regen after Vulnerability is 2.07% which is 135 HP/s at my current life pool (6605).

Without the 28% buff from the Sovereignty cluster my regen is only .36% which is only ~24 HP/s regen.

So, for me, I see the bonuses as: I can run more maps, I get 4% additional physical damage reduction, I get ~1.5% more regen so I do not use the frenzy boots. All in all, enough that I feel it is worth the 5 nodes. Once my gems are level 20 I'll recalculate the perks and see if taking life nodes instead would be a better option.
thx for reply so ill skip it until ill use alpha howl/high lvl gems (name and design drive me away of this item xD) - the cluster is only good for lategame optimization. for many builds i think simply more life nodes would be better (especially the poor folks)

corruption also makes +1 all max resistances a possible implict stat on armor and amulet so its easier to reach higher res by gear (although u have to be very lucky to get a good amulet/armor with it - so its even more advanced character customization than alpha howl+clusters)
Without Sovereignty you cannot run all 3 auras until level 19 Reduced Mana, meaning you're going to lose a lot of armor for a while. I also don't run Alpha Howl as I believe it's not worth it, so I require the node to have mana left over to cast my culling skill.
good point thx, but im respeccing to this build and already have lvl 19 gems. will see when i finally setup my equip for the build

regarding ur culling skill, my plan was vaal orbing aurum vorax's (or other weapons i might wanna use) to get culling strike on it. this will also save up gem slots and as far as i understand the "culling strike" mod from vaal orb on weapons is not a gem support but will apply to all hits with this weapon so u'd just have to "no brainer cyclone" everything ;)
Since I made that post I managed to 5L my Carcass, so I can attach an Item Rarity to it now. I no longer use any Culling skill as it's not really necessary with the insane DPS RF does, but I'm thinking about putting in Searing Bond to kill totems. I might end up speccing out of Sovereignty.

However, I'm currently missing 4 0.4% Life Regen nodes, as they're not really needed. I feel that if I lose the Fire Res/Life Regen from Sovereignty I may need to put these up. If that is so, I'm not really gaining any advantage, but I am losing armor from grace.
Last edited by Shayd_ on Apr 5, 2014, 1:08:09 AM
Can someone explain the significance of using cyclone with this build?
The silent majority.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info