Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

"
I have 2 questions about the Snapshot of righteous fire in relation to the life pool.

1. Does RF only snapshot the damage multipliers or does it calculate the damage from your life pool as well? So, if I were to switch to my redbeaks, snapshot RF, switch back, and then I put on different gear and GAIN 2k life. Would RF do additional damage based on the amount of life gained? Or is the damage static after snapshotting regardless of your life pool afterwards?

2. Second, is the damage RF inflicts to the caster also static? Or is that always based on my current life pool. So same scenario as above; I snap shot, switch back and change gear to gain more life. Will I have 'extra' regen now becasue I am only losing life based on the smaller pool used for the snapshot?

My apologies if these questions have already been asked. There are 80+ pages and I didn't want to read through them all without knowing for certain I would find my answer.

Thanks.

Disregard this, I have answered my own question with some testing. RF snapshots all the modifiers but updates the damage done and the damage taken by your current HP no matter what it was when you cast RF.
"
"
crzytimes wrote:
should we snapshot with a searing touch or dual redbeaks?

or

Dual redbeaks is the better option.

Ambush League:
In an ideal world, what would the sixth link in a chest be?

- Righteous Fire
- Increased Area of Effect
- Concentrated Effect
- Increased Burning Damage
- Increased Rarity

plus Empower as sixth socket? Because Culling Strike doesn't work.
Be true to yourself and you will never fall.
ign @DingOfFire
ign @Tormented_Bowjob
ign @UmEinharKeinenNamen
Last edited by Schlachtviehh on Apr 3, 2014, 8:14:05 AM
"
"
I have 2 questions about the Snapshot of righteous fire in relation to the life pool.

1. Does RF only snapshot the damage multipliers or does it calculate the damage from your life pool as well? So, if I were to switch to my redbeaks, snapshot RF, switch back, and then I put on different gear and GAIN 2k life. Would RF do additional damage based on the amount of life gained? Or is the damage static after snapshotting regardless of your life pool afterwards?

2. Second, is the damage RF inflicts to the caster also static? Or is that always based on my current life pool. So same scenario as above; I snap shot, switch back and change gear to gain more life. Will I have 'extra' regen now becasue I am only losing life based on the smaller pool used for the snapshot?

My apologies if these questions have already been asked. There are 80+ pages and I didn't want to read through them all without knowing for certain I would find my answer.

Thanks.

Disregard this, I have answered my own question with some testing. RF snapshots all the modifiers but updates the damage done and the damage taken by your current HP no matter what it was when you cast RF.

so it's a good idea to snapshot using a 6l chest (tabula or whatever) and switch to kaom's.
thanks for testing this!
Last edited by storzi on Apr 3, 2014, 7:13:45 AM
But doesn't RF reset every instance? Snapshotting with Tabula seems like a lot of worth for really minimal gain.
with the 6l snapshot you could also use IIR and IIQ (on the perma leagues) gems.
Imho worth it on maps.
Last edited by storzi on Apr 3, 2014, 8:01:16 AM
"
desp7 wrote:
Actually by approaching from above as I proposed in my level 65 build, it does not even cost 4 skill points, but you can get +30 intelligence/+42% increased elemental damage instead of +40 strength/+10 dex/2 skill points.

This is an upgrade to the current skill tree. However, reallocating the Strength and Dexterity nodes between the Marauder and Templar areas is likely something that is best left for higher levels; waiting for those life and life regeneration nodes will take a lot of levels if you need to go all the way to the Templar-Witch juncture and around. Generally, though, I agree that this tree is superior. I'm not sure why Oro recommends his skill tree over this - he posted one very similar to the one you show immediately after 1.1.0 was released. (You've made the same observation I have, by the way. This is what my skill tree will look like in just a few more levels.)

"
I may be wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that Path of the Warrior actually gives more HP than a 6% Life Node. Thus it'd be better to grab it than one of the Scion life nodes. Also, is the Immolation circle worth getting? It seems decent, but 2 points away.

The benefit of Path of the Warrior over an increased life node is dependent upon the amount of flat life you are getting from gear. If you have a lot of flat life from gear, then you'll probably want to skip Path of the Warrior.

Immolation is nice, but it's a significant investment.

"

"
storzi wrote:

so it's a good idea to snapshot using a 6l chest (tabula or whatever) and switch to kaom's.
thanks for testing this!

This is not correct. Snapshotting preserves the damage dealt to enemies - the only dynamic effect is the level of damage RF burns the player for. You can test this by killing high-life bosses.

"
Schlachtviehh wrote:
Ambush League:

- Righteous Fire
- Concentrated Effect
- Increased Rarity

Empower does nothing for Righteous Fire damage.
"

"
storzi wrote:

thanks for testing this!

This is not correct. Snapshotting preserves the damage dealt to enemies - the only dynamic effect is the level of damage RF burns the player for. You can test this by killing high-life bosses.

I guess he was trying to push the price of Carcass Jack.
First thing I tested when i heared about the build, snapshot RF check damage, snapshot RF check damage naked.
No difference? Yes.
Last edited by khajiit on Apr 3, 2014, 9:21:40 AM
"
Schlachtviehh wrote:
Ambush League:

- Righteous Fire
- Concentrated Effect
- Increased Rarity

Maybe a quality fire pen wich gives also bonus fire damage.

but i'm not sure tbh.

I guess when we get moved to normal and you really have a 6l you can stick a iiq there.
So i'm currently using the belly of the beast chest piece with readbeaks and Divinarius,

I'm thinking of getting a Carcass Jack, does this actually benefit me in any big way and i've watched other people play RF marauder they switch from BOTB to Carcass Jack then back to BOTB, i don't fully understand why they do this..

If someone can explain/give advice i'd appreciate it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info