Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

"
dime wrote:
How does the radius on Divinarius work, I assume it just needs to be equipped/active? Do you have to have it equipped when you cast RF or is it automatic 10% inc radius, whenever you weapon swap to it?

Righteous Fire's properties are determined at the time of casting, like any other skill. You need to sacrifice a Redbeak to use Divinarius.

"
dime wrote:
I'm sure it's been brought up multiple times in this thread, but how exactly does having ES effect RF? If you have more ES, you take more damage, then I imagine enemies also take more damage? I guess there is a simple calculation to determine how much life vs es you can maintain with a minimal amount of life regen. Is it worth stacking AR/ES hybrid armor as to squeeze more damage out of this?

Righteous Fire burns enemies for 50% of your total life and 50% of your total energy shield.

Don't stack ES gear. Increasing your maximum ES increases the damage RF burns you for without increasing the amount of life you regenerate. Look for life and strength mods on gear instead. The 450 ES I mentioned is just what I happen to have from Carcass Jack, a chain belt, and some from an amulet, I believe.
Last edited by SilkTopHat on Mar 24, 2014, 1:24:04 PM
Not sure how to build up frenzy charges with this build... can anybody help? :o
Hello,

Could someone write the full Formula to calculate the RF Build DPS please for 1.1 ?

Also, could someone tell me where i could find every value for the formula please ?

Thank you by advance,
Last edited by Sh4dw0lf on Mar 24, 2014, 5:44:23 PM
"
SouISeller wrote:
Not sure how to build up frenzy charges with this build... can anybody help? :o

Here's your best bet. Just awesome for this build:
IGN: DrunkBarbarian / SupernalScion
"
Sh4dw0lf wrote:
Hello,

Could someone write the full Formula to calculate the RF Build DPS please for 1.1 ?

Also, could someone tell me where i could find every value for the formula please ?

Thank you by advance,

rf_dps = 0.5 * (max_life + max_es) * (1 + inc_dmg) * (1 + more_dmg)

Damage modifiers that affect Righteous Fire are as follows: elemental, fire, burn, damage over time, or area. Percentages are expressed here as decimals.

Sum all increased damage modifiers and substitute the value in for inc_dmg.

Any "more ... damage" modifiers are to be added to 1 and multiplied as separate stages.

Paste the URL for your character's skill tree into this tool to display a simple breakdown of the net passive tree bonuses. You'll need to search each of your gear pieces for relevant affixes and add them yourself.

All values are to be taken at the instant of casting. If it isn't in your hands or equipped on your person when you cast Righteous Fire, it won't help you. Items in alternate weapon slots are not equipped.

Check out the wiki's articles on life or energy shield to predict your maximum life or energy shield if you are planning a character that does not exist.
"
SilkTopHat wrote:
"
Sh4dw0lf wrote:
Hello,

Thank you by advance,

rf_dps = 0.5 * (max_life + max_es) * (1 + inc_dmg) * (1 + more_dmg)

Damage modifiers that affect Righteous Fire are as follows: elemental, fire, burn, damage over time, or area. Percentages are expressed here as decimals.

Sum all increased damage modifiers and substitute the value in for inc_dmg.

Any "more ... damage" modifiers are to be added to 1 and multiplied as separate stages.

Paste the URL for your character's skill tree into this tool to display a simple breakdown of the net passive tree bonuses. You'll need to search each of your gear pieces for relevant affixes and add them yourself.

All values are to be taken at the instant of casting. If it isn't in your hands or equipped on your person when you cast Righteous Fire, it won't help you. Items in alternate weapon slots are not equipped.

Check out the wiki's articles on life or energy shield to predict your maximum life or energy shield if you are planning a character that does not exist.

TY very much, i appreciate your quick and accurate answer =)
"
DeathTouch wrote:
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but sifting through 70+ pages is awfully time consuming.

How does the Damage over Time work with Bino's Kitchen Knife when used with RF? Does it apply it to the damage output of RF only, or do you take an additional 30% damage as well? Or does the DoT only apply to attacks?

EDIT: Has someone done the math for when (level, total life, etc.) Kaom's Heart is better/more efficient than Carcass Jack?

This was posted a few pages back and there was no answers. I've always been told Kaom's Heart > Carcass Jack. But if anyone knows the math or anything on it for sure?

Also I was really curious about Bino's Kitchen Knife with this build as well.
"
Vodkawater wrote:
"
DeathTouch wrote:
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but sifting through 70+ pages is awfully time consuming.

How does the Damage over Time work with Bino's Kitchen Knife when used with RF? Does it apply it to the damage output of RF only, or do you take an additional 30% damage as well? Or does the DoT only apply to attacks?

EDIT: Has someone done the math for when (level, total life, etc.) Kaom's Heart is better/more efficient than Carcass Jack?

This was posted a few pages back and there was no answers. I've always been told Kaom's Heart > Carcass Jack. But if anyone knows the math or anything on it for sure?

Also I was really curious about Bino's Kitchen Knife with this build as well.

Righteous Fire is burning damage, which is fire damage over time. As such, Bino's should increase its damage. (It's worth noting that a sceptre with 20% elemental damage and 10% fire damage would accomplish the same thing without the price tag.)

For a given build, a Kaom's Heart will provide better RF damage than a Carcass Jack worn by the same character. Additionally, he or she will have dramatically more life.

On the other hand, the freedom of additional sockets is not insignificant. A player wearing Kaom's Heart will probably have 4-linked setups for Righteous Fire, auras, and defensive/EE trigger gems, along with a 3-linked setup for mobility (Leap Slam or Lightning Warp) and something to destroy totems (typically Flameblast or Searing Bond). Fitting in any utility skills, curses, or any other gems at all either significantly reduces the effectiveness of one of the (essentially) required links or replaces them entirely.

By comparison, a player wearing Carcass Jack has up to a 6-link free. The ability to run other skills a huge boon. Flammability, Elemental Weakness, and Vulnerability do fantastic things for RF's damage output. Temporal Chains and Enfeeble do great things for not being dead. Rejuvenation, Devouring, and Decoy Totems are good choices as well. Carcass Jack's area skill radius increase is quite handy. Not needing to pay dozens of Exalted for a single piece of equipment is also nice.

The point is that while Kaom's Heart has clear advantages, the flexibility, utility, and affordability offered by Carcass Jack cannot be ignored.

P.S.: The last paragraph is relevant.
Last edited by SilkTopHat on Mar 24, 2014, 9:45:10 PM
"
SilkTopHat wrote:
"
dime wrote:
How does the radius on Divinarius work, I assume it just needs to be equipped/active? Do you have to have it equipped when you cast RF or is it automatic 10% inc radius, whenever you weapon swap to it?

Righteous Fire's properties are determined at the time of casting, like any other skill. You need to sacrifice a Redbeak to use Divinarius.

Could u detail the differents steps to enjoy Red Beaks (+200% Burning damages) pls ? I always thought I had to stay low life to benefit from Red Beaks...

Am I correct by doing this ?
1/ Swap to Red Beaks
2/ Cast Purity of Elements to get on Low Life
3/ Deactivate Purity of Elements
4/ Cast Righteous Fire
5/ Drink a Ruby Flask
6/ Swap to main gear (Auromvorax + Rise of the Phoenix)
7/ Cast my Auras (Vitality, Grace and PoF)
8/ Watch the world burn !

To be sure to understand :
1/ I MUST be on Low Life before Casting Righteous Fire ?
2/ I MUST swap on my main gear (if I use a Divinarius instead of Aurumvorax) to benefit from +10% Radius for my Auras ?

Ty by advance,

Shad.
Last edited by Sh4dw0lf on Mar 25, 2014, 4:19:36 AM
For your 2º question, RF only benefits of the gear that you are wearing in the moment you activate RF, not after.

It's that because you cast with 2 RB low life, to have 200% more dmg, but i thinkg that weapon with +10% doesn't work because RF is activated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info