Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

Is there any way to set up a culling + iir link? I've been thinking about it and can't find one, would be nice to get the extra mf
how does the redbeak thingy work? do you have to switch and do it after every instance or just once?
"
risko wrote:
how does the redbeak thingy work? do you have to switch and do it after every instance or just once?

Yes, after every instance. RF turns off when you zone.
IGN: DrunkBarbarian / SupernalScion
I feel like I'm doing something wrong... When I swap the to the redbeaks and cast RF I can't swap back to the rise of the pheonix while RF is active... I can't swap wpns at all while RF is active.

also the redbeak dmg doesn't show on the tooltip burning mdg for RF, but I figured that was normal.
doublepost

and I think I got it.
Last edited by KrazyEd on Mar 23, 2014, 5:57:02 PM
Running this build with level 52 just with another shield so i can run it with low life tho wish i was 65 that would be just awesome i love this lazy build :P

but too bad the skill doesn't show how much dps i deal :(
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
NotJordy wrote:
Is there any way to set up a culling + iir link? I've been thinking about it and can't find one, would be nice to get the extra mf

You can do incinerate/culling/iir but iir already works with RF anyways
My guides
HC melee ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/507976
HC RF scion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/666667
HC RF marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/842382
RF resource guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/832331
Last edited by Necropotence on Mar 24, 2014, 6:16:22 AM
Ran this build up to level 84 (well with no IR and with more STR). Man is it tanky and fun to run around with. Eventually instaripped to Rima.

Flameblast seems like the best skill to go with RF, for damage anyway.

Aside from having to stand next to bosses to kill them, I felt the biggest issue with using RF as the main damage source (rather than an accompanying spell) is that the radius is just way too fucking small. Factoring in desync it feels like you have to do a little more wiggling around enemies than I personally care for.

Are there any tricks to getting more radius out of RF? Is spending 7 points for Blast Radius and therefore 16% inc. radius worth it? Any uniques to push the radius further? Even without conc effect it feels rather tiny. I guess carcass jack and divinarius are basically all we have.

How far can you scale the damage without having a kaom's?

Here is how I would do the tree. When you hit 90%+ fire resist I think you can drop a few of the lesser regen nodes. The extra INT lets you use higher level spells. I'm still not sure how having a surplus of ES effects the RF damage taken.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecCcQQHBLMFLRJpEuEUIBRNFxwXLxiRGYUaOBpVGmwfAiSqJLAnLyfVKPou_zWSNsU26DbpOtg64TwFPV9Bh0TnTdhN41BHUFBSU1RJVcZXDVhjWfNfP2BLYSFko2aeaHRqHmo7cXlyqXK7dO1674CkgW-Cx4M4hO-G0YjxjHaPRpBVkc6UoJeVmK2drp48ns2f36FtogCiD6SsplenCKcwp4SoGKyqtz64k7nNu-28n8AaxFjG2M9l0NDSIdgk2mLjn-vu7DjvDu988B_yL_JF9zL56PrS_gr-jw==

Another couple notes: I replaced my low-level CWDT ice nova with a higher level ice nova, so that I could self-cast it while in parties (and in the same gem slot). I found with a party it is hard to proc EE and much easier to manually cast it. Secondly since I was endurance charge based, I slotted a secondary, higher level enduring cry (while leaving the one with CWDT slotted too) along with an inc. duration immortal call. Without kaom's it was easy to push 6k life by around level 80.

In general, unless all you want to do is farm/solo easy maps, I would not rely strictly on the small radius of RF as your "build."
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on Mar 24, 2014, 1:04:08 PM
"
dime wrote:
Flameblast seems like the best skill to go with RF, for damage anyway.

Searing Bond also works well.

"
dime wrote:
Are there any tricks to getting more radius out of RF? Is spending 7 points for Blast Radius and therefore 16% inc. radius worth it? Any uniques to push the radius further? Even without conc effect it feels rather tiny.

Carcass Jack and Divinarius. Both are useful for other mods as well, and the pair completely offsets the Concentrated Effect gem's radius penalty.

"
dime wrote:
How far can you scale the damage without having a kaom's?

I run a modified version of this build with a Carcass Jack, Doedre's Damning, and Windscreams. Against an ideal enemy - i.e., 0% fire resistance - I work up to about 80k DPS with 4500 life + 450 ES and level 20 Flammability and Elemental Weakness gems and a Vulnerability gem of any level. (It's highly unlikely that any enemy actually has 0% unmodified fire resistance, but this is the typical basis for comparison.) It's worth noting that many of my gear selections could be upgraded with respect to life, strength, fire damage, or other attributes that improve damage.
SilkTopHat, Windscream does seem like a good choice until you get some crazy gear. Lets you focus primarily on life.

How does the radius on Divinarius work, I assume it just needs to be equipped/active? Do you have to have it equipped when you cast RF or is it automatic 10% inc radius, whenever you weapon swap to it?

I'm sure it's been brought up multiple times in this thread, but how exactly does having ES effect RF? If you have more ES, you take more damage, then I imagine enemies also take more damage? I guess there is a simple calculation to determine how much life vs es you can maintain with a minimal amount of life regen. Is it worth stacking AR/ES hybrid armor as to squeeze more damage out of this?
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on Mar 24, 2014, 1:13:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info