Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

Grimlocke, I still think my build is better, although maybe you linked the wrong build, because both you linked take the 0.2 hp/s per EC that I took, although you talk like you think we should take it out.

Path of the Warrior is 100% worth it, to me, because if you take it off/put it on, you will see it is worth a LOT more than 6% hp. Maybe with gear the 6% edges it out, since the 6% will affect HP from gear? Not sure, but could probably fairly easily do some napkin math, or just test with a respec point in game, comparing a decently geared (~5k hp) character between a 6% node and Path of the Warrior.

Your build is one of the ones I compared mine against when I was making it. I preferred mine, because Path of the Warrior weighs so heavily on poebuilder (hp wise). You can see your build has the same % hp as mine (286), but my build ends up having more hp (1270 vs 1173, with Help Oak factored in).

And, to be technical, the 4 points I spend net me 20 str, 1 EC, AND 0.2% hp/s/EC, not just 0.2% hp/s/EC.

If Path of the Warrior ends up weighting lower than 6% hp after we factor in gear and levels, then I'd go with yours, because you could also drop the 2 nodes you spend on getting another EC for just 12% more hp, which is what I'd probably do (but either is probably fine). My build cannot grab 12% more hp anywhere for 2 more points, but ofc. at that point we're talking about a level 98 character.

Hopefully I can find a character with free respec points to do the test, otherwise I'll have to resort to some napkin math.

Edit:
If we don't want ECs, then you could go with something like this:

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzBS0LYQxfEmkUTRUgFm8XHBcvGNsZhRpsG_ohYCSqJLAl3ycvJ9Uo-imlLIUs6S7_MZ41kjbpOuE8LT38QKBBh0TnR35KfUz_TeNOKlBQVcZYY1oaW69fP2BLYSFlTWegaHRqO2wWcXl07XTxeA15aHrvgKSCx4M4g9uE2YTvhtGHdojxjM-PRpSgmK2drqIAog-kGaSsplenCKgYqW6rxa1Kr2y18rc-uJO8n76KwQTEWMWKxq7G2M0mznHPZdDQ2mLdDeLq42rjn-vu7w7vfPAf8i_yRfPd9kj56PrS_Ev8xf4K_o8=

for the most HP

or

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzBS0LYQxfEmkUTRZvFxwXLxjbGYUabBv6IWAj9iSqJLAl3ycvJ9Uo-imlLIUu_zGeNZI26TrhPC09_ECgQYdE50d-Sn1M_03jTipQUFXGVvpYY1oaWkhbr18_YEthIWVNZ6BodGo7cXl07XTxeA15aHrvgKSCx4M4hNmE74bRh3aI8YzPj0aUoJitna6euaIAog-kGaSsplenCKgYqW6rxa1Kr2y18rc-uJO8n76KwQTEWMWKxq7G2M0mz2XQ0Npi3Q3i6uNq45_r7u4O7w7vfO_w8B_yL_JF8932SPno-tL8xf4K_o8=

for 10 more all resist, losing a bit of HP.

For the point investment, the life ring under scion gives 32% hp for 6 points = 5.33% hp per point. The ring over by the ranger gives 28% hp for 5 points, for 5.6% hp per point. The ring by the Templar gives 24% for 5 points, for 4.8% hp per point, not counting the extra 30 str you effectively get going that way, and the 10 int (the other routes pick up dex).

Going that way also gets you closer to the awesome Templar area we're after, but (overall), you still spend 5 points going through low-value nodes (stats, or stats and elemental damage) as I do with my other build. Personally, I don't see that life ring by the Templar to be worth it, since it is only 3 8% nodes, vs 4 8% nodes or 12/8/8% nodes, which are also both worth 5 points, unless somehow the 30 str (15 hp) turns out to be worth more than having better % efficiency at the other sites. I doubt it.

Assuming you are only going to spend 5 points, the larger (nerfed) scion ring is still more efficient, which is why I take it. If you are going to spend 6 points, including your final point, it would make sense to go for the ring under scion, even though it is the least efficient of the 3 options, unless you need the resists, or think the single +30 str node or path of the warrior is better than some more % hp (which I do, right now at least).

Scion (nerfed) life ring: 6% hp/point, for 30% hp total (5 points)
Life ring under scion: 5.33% hp/point, for 32% hp total (6 points)
Life ring by ranger: 5.6% hp/point, for 28% hp total (5 points)

So you get the absolute most HP out of the ring below scion, if you are going to spend 6 points, unless Path of the Warrior ends up being worth more than (realistically) 2% hp, which that is certainly true, which is why I take it.

With the nerfed scion life ring, or the ranger life ring, you also have the option of getting 10% all resists, if you prefer.

(Personally, I still like the idea of investing 6 points for 2 endurance charges, some str, some fire resist, and 1% hp/s with endurance charges, rather than ~30% more hp on the tree, and some stats. While the hp is probably more useful for damage and tanking most of the time, the 6 points I spend let us have, at minimum, another 8% base damage reduction, 8% more overcapped resists which can help vs curses, 1% hp/s, and the option of running a very solid Immortal Call. Realistically, I'm not sure many people with only the base 3 ECs will be keeping them up actively, which of course becomes very attractive when we have 5, giving us potentially 20% more overcapped resistances, and 20% more reduced physical damage than the next guy.)

Just my $0.02 overall :) Feel free to call me an idiot if I am one!

My Standard shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/109915/page/1
Last edited by Synze on Mar 21, 2014, 3:07:57 AM
I could not find it in here but is it confirmed that conc effect increases the damage of the RF burn? Thanks.
IGN: VistaChris
Last edited by VistaChris on Mar 21, 2014, 2:03:55 PM
"
VistaChris wrote:
I could not find it in here but is it confirmed that conc effect increases the damage of the RF burn? Thanks.

yes it does
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but sifting through 70+ pages is awfully time consuming.

How does the Damage over Time work with Bino's Kitchen Knife when used with RF? Does it apply it to the damage output of RF only, or do you take an additional 30% damage as well? Or does the DoT only apply to attacks?

EDIT: Has someone done the math for when (level, total life, etc.) Kaom's Heart is better/more efficient than Carcass Jack?

IGN: DrunkBarbarian / SupernalScion
Last edited by DeathTouch on Mar 21, 2014, 7:39:33 PM
fun build for afk farming (semi afk)
I'm sure Oro has put more thought into this than me, but here is what i don't get:

The biggest issue with using RF seems to be the damage to the player that needs to be mitigated. Since it does 90% of life, but only 70% of ES to the player.. WHY OH WHY is this build life based? I went over this 3 times and i come to the conlusion that using zealot's oath and an ES-based character (no CI ofc) with as little life as possible, but all the same life regen nodes is the better way to go about this.

Can someone please tell me what i've missed?
"
Frostdragon wrote:
I'm sure Oro has put more thought into this than me, but here is what i don't get:

The biggest issue with using RF seems to be the damage to the player that needs to be mitigated. Since it does 90% of life, but only 70% of ES to the player.. WHY OH WHY is this build life based? I went over this 3 times and i come to the conlusion that using zealot's oath and an ES-based character (no CI ofc) with as little life as possible, but all the same life regen nodes is the better way to go about this.

You can go ES with Zealot's Oath, but that's a completely different build, and probably even more expensive gear wise. Here's an example (Perz' Low-Life Build):

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/804489/page/1

IGN: DrunkBarbarian / SupernalScion
"
Frostdragon wrote:

Two big reasons:
1. Life is MUCH easier to get
2. Cost (Shavs, for example)
Thanky you guys for your replies. I was so stuck in theorycrafting, that i forgot about the aspect of cost :D
what's the best offensive curse? for higher maps or apex of sacrifice that is.
Last edited by bibi1338 on Mar 22, 2014, 9:53:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info