Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

"
Pezista wrote:
Isn't it possible to get to 94% fire res?

Think about it... If you use the spec mentioned by Yagamai and place a lvl 21 purity of fire inside an Alpha howl...
Alpha gives +2 gem lvl making it lvl 23.
Lvl 23 purity gives 5% max fire res and with the 52% increase to buffs, what I get when I calculate the numbers in allocations, it should be improved to 7% max fire res.

Purity of fire = 7%
Allocations = 4%
Rise of the pheonix = 8%

Total of = 19%

So in the end you get 94% max fire res... Is there something I've missed or does this look really amazing?

And in fact the 52% should increase Purity of fire max res to 8% since 52% off 5 = 2,6 making it a total of 7,6 :o. But I geuss it won't Work that way... 95% simply seems to extreme.

52% buffs would cause a MAJOR issue if you happen to get hit with vulnerability...and I'd find better use for those nodes. Where are you getting 52% buffs?

With 3% to buffs (Holy Strength), 28% Aura Effect, lvl20 PoF in a +3 weapon (+1 all +2 fire) or Empower in Alpha = lvl23 PoF = +6% max FR. This is more feasible since 3% to buffs has less effect on the RF burn.

With the same setup, but 24% buffs added, the return on PoF max FR = 7%. I'd rather go with 3% buffs, and add the 3 buff node points to more regen/life. The outcome would be better, and more versatile....unless you already have a lot of regen.

NOTE: I'm tired and might be incorrect on some of this info lol...

"
MiniMinhMo wrote:
Do I really have to use Flameblast? Or is there another alternative skill that I can use to kill totems?

If you use a lot of charges, then discharge is an option. Otherwise Flameblast is the best.

Last edited by mondobogus on Mar 14, 2014, 4:05:11 PM
"
MiniMinhMo wrote:
Do I really have to use Flameblast? Or is there another alternative skill that I can use to kill totems?

Conversion trap.
@SeriousSneaky
Darkshrines : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1468154
Searing bond for totems ;]
I've been trying with and without Redbeak snapshots this morning and can't tell a difference at all. Was this "fixed"? The damage seems fine, but I should be able to see a 200% increase pretty easily.
"
Artsemis wrote:
I've been trying with and without Redbeak snapshots this morning and can't tell a difference at all. Was this "fixed"? The damage seems fine, but I should be able to see a 200% increase pretty easily.

I noticed this as well...by accident. I usually swap and low-life cast RF with dual redbeaks, but monsters were surrounding the portal already so I just cast RF without it. I melted everything pretty easily. I did test it 1v1 in PvP arena with a buddy and it seemed like dual redbeak casting was a bit more powerful though.

Anyway, I changed a few things and I'm really liking this build. Only level 83 but I hit almost 11K HP and about 1200 regen. 93 fire res and the rest are pretty decent too.

Another thing that bugs me.. I understand the Templar AoE nodes, even the two 4%. Carcass Jack is a decent option if you don't have a Kaom's Heart... but going to Witch tree for Blast Radius? I see these RF dudes join maps with this huge circle of fire and do shit damage and sometimes even die to stupid stuff. Sure, your big ring of fire looks cool.... but doing shit dmg and dying doesn't. Take Blast Radius off and grab some life/regen or something at least until you're a higher level. /rant

Here is my tree:

Mostly the same as everyone else with a few changes. I grabbed a 4% mana reserve node. I don't use Alpha's Howl anymore and I don't need the 4% for auras, but it helps to cast 20/20 flammability. I tested curses out in PvP arena too and 20/20 flammability seems quite effective, even over vulnerability.

Here is my gear:

+1 +2 is great... 21 vitality and 23 PoF. Little spell dmg is nice and I stacked mana regen where possible because I run Arctic Armour for movespeed. Just removed Alphas Howl the other day and I like it.... 99 life is great and a bit more armor too. Gonna eternal/exalt that helm for chaos res hopefully... maybe more EV. I keep grace in the helm and vaal spark/gmp for laughs. It also procs EE to everything on the screen. 20/20 Freezing Pulse so I can proc EE to everything else and it does a little over 1K dmg. Usually takes out totems easily enough. I stopped using blood magic on it because I can sustain the mana with 0 mana nodes (except life/mana). Rings have max life and mana regen and res as needed. +8 int allows me to run all blue gems without issues. Ammy has a nice spell dmg increase with life/regen and some res/EV. Too lazy/broke to get off colors on gloves so I use the common ar/es with life/res and I guess the 4 regen isn't so horrible :) I have a better belt, but didn't need the res on it so I went for this high life one. Same with boots... res is good enough to overcap and I like the life roll. I like the cwdt setup with enduring cry and ice nova. 20% quality ice nova doesn't really need AoE attached. Between that, vaal spark, and freezing pulse I can get EE on everything.

Spoiler

Open to any suggestions and critiquing.... loving this build and I want to maximize it. I know I can drop AA or use flameblast for more dmg instead of freezing pulse, but these are changes that I personally like to use :D
IGN: Sin
Last edited by Make_A_Witch_Foundation on Mar 15, 2014, 12:45:34 PM
can someone post how the skilltree should look like when you can start using righteous fire? i wanna use it as early as possible.

i am not sure, should i first go down towards iron reflexes, up towards the templar tree or a mix of both?
"
bibi1338 wrote:
can someone post how the skilltree should look like when you can start using righteous fire? i wanna use it as early as possible.

i am not sure, should i first go down towards iron reflexes, up towards the templar tree or a mix of both?

someting like this
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEswUtC2EMXxRNFSAWbxjbGYUabCFgJKonLyfVKPoppSpNLOku_zWSNuk8LT38PydAoEGHSn1KyEz_TipQUFXGWGNbr18_YEtnoGh0bBZuqnTtdPF4DXloeu-Cx4Pbh3aI8YzPj0aUoJ2unrmiAKIPpKynCKgYqW6tSq9stfK3PriTvJ_BBMRYxYrGrsbYzSbOcc9l0NDaYt0N45_r7u8O8B_yL_Pd9kj56PrS_Ev8xf4K
I have 91% fire res with this setup, and is for sale..very fast clear speeds almost indentical to ORO's..can sustain it even without blood dancers/frenzy charges.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- 39% Koams
- 105 all stat astra amulet
- BBRR Blood dancers (4700 chromes later..)used for vulner, enduring cry, cwdt, ice nova.
- 70+ life, tri res glove with other stats, BBBR
- 2x rings, 70+ life, tri res, other stats.
- RRRG near perf alpha howl
- RRG near perf rise of phoenix ( I used cyclone )
- Divintarius BBR
- 20 str/92 life/ dual res sash + other stats
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taking offer as a whole on entire thing, or will take out Koams and sell seperate minus that...Pst in-game SoLoBLaZe, SoLoBleNd, SoLopk
Is it possible to run this build with out kaom?
Adding to my previous post.... I just wanted to say I'm a moron. I tried to level my blood magic gem enough to get me right around 35% After adding more HP and passives the same gem level was keeping me at like 36-37% and I didn't realize it :D So... I just swapped the level 19 for a 15 and it seems to be working better. I'm still a big fan of trying to play with the gem and get right in that 30%-34% area. Reserving all but 500 life and 3100 life is a huge difference. Both are "low life" for me... but lot less room for error with 3K life pool while buffing at the start of a map.
IGN: Sin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info