Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

Hi I just recently created a character based on this guide. I wanted to experience it and get a feel for it before the new Invasion League started.

What i need to know:

a) What level should i expect to be able to run this character in the new league. my Purity gem is only 15 and it needs to be L20 (after +gem level bonuses) for it to work right?

b) is there a best method to leveling gems efficiently? Should i progress as soon as possible to new areas and be at or slighting below area level? or be overleveled and grinding more kills in lower level zones. I'm not really sure how GEM xp is determined.

c) I Leveled with SB and ST, seems to be ok but the 3 burning damage nodes (60%) are the only offensive/dps passives in my tree. Everything else is getting to the regen nodes. Will this work or should i not get all these life regen nodes until i have the gear to support RF completely.

Original post: below

I made a few rules to simulate a new league start.
New HC character with no currency or items.
My purchases will be very limited and nearly completely focused on Alpha Howl, Phoenix and Blood dance only. (to this point the only things I've traded for are a second blood magic gem, and a reduced duration gem)

I leveled up with ST and Searing Bond. I'm level 63 with all of the life regen nodes, heading for the Endurance Charge Life regen node and then adding more life each point i can get.

My problem: I'm 63 and my Purity of Fire gem is only L15. This is a long way long way from the required L20 gem to reach the needed 80% fire resist.

So i need advice on adjusting my reasonable expectations as a 1st character in the Invasion (HC) league. Should I try to use RF as soon as possible or should I focus on different passives/gems in lieu of all the regen nodes until I have all the equipment collected and gems leveled properly to make RF work.

Should I be looking for a +Fire gem wand/scepter instead? Alpha Howl would let me run RF at L18 Purity but lets be real, there's no way I'm going to get this in the first weeks of new Invasion League unless RNGesus is very kind to me.

Thanks for your thoughts

Also is there a trick for leveling Gems more efficiently? do I want to be underleveled or overleveled in the zones Im in. Should I farm more to get gem xp? does the zone level even matter for gem xp?

Edit: tried making it easier to read :D
Last edited by Zeddekus on Feb 26, 2014, 10:19:03 AM
do you still use the same talent tree, and the same gear? if not, could you try to update it? im using this atm and having alot of fun tbh.... but just wanted to know, if you have done any improvements on the gear/spec :)

/Taz
So when I cast RF, I do it using double Redbeaks, and I have been wondering if the 20% loss of IIR from Aurumvorax still applies when I switch back to it after casting RF?
"
Zeddekus wrote:
Hi I just recently created a character based on this guide. I wanted to experience it and get a feel for it before the new Invasion League started.

What i need to know:

a) What level should i expect to be able to run this character in the new league. my Purity gem is only 15 and it needs to be L20 (after +gem level bonuses) for it to work right?

b) is there a best method to leveling gems efficiently? Should i progress as soon as possible to new areas and be at or slighting below area level? or be overleveled and grinding more kills in lower level zones. I'm not really sure how GEM xp is determined.

c) I Leveled with SB and ST, seems to be ok but the 3 burning damage nodes (60%) are the only offensive/dps passives in my tree. Everything else is getting to the regen nodes. Will this work or should i not get all these life regen nodes until i have the gear to support RF completely.

Original post: below

I made a few rules to simulate a new league start.
New HC character with no currency or items.
My purchases will be very limited and nearly completely focused on Alpha Howl, Phoenix and Blood dance only. (to this point the only things I've traded for are a second blood magic gem, and a reduced duration gem)

I leveled up with ST and Searing Bond. I'm level 63 with all of the life regen nodes, heading for the Endurance Charge Life regen node and then adding more life each point i can get.

My problem: I'm 63 and my Purity of Fire gem is only L15. This is a long way long way from the required L20 gem to reach the needed 80% fire resist.

So i need advice on adjusting my reasonable expectations as a 1st character in the Invasion (HC) league. Should I try to use RF as soon as possible or should I focus on different passives/gems in lieu of all the regen nodes until I have all the equipment collected and gems leveled properly to make RF work.

Should I be looking for a +Fire gem wand/scepter instead? Alpha Howl would let me run RF at L18 Purity but lets be real, there's no way I'm going to get this in the first weeks of new Invasion League unless RNGesus is very kind to me.

Thanks for your thoughts

Also is there a trick for leveling Gems more efficiently? do I want to be underleveled or overleveled in the zones Im in. Should I farm more to get gem xp? does the zone level even matter for gem xp?

Edit: tried making it easier to read :D

a) if you have everything and the leveled gems you can start as early as lvl 65 with the shield

b) no just have them equipped while you level and farm where you get good XP.

c) i used fb and infernal blow so it didn't matter. you should try to get them as well and grab all the necessary nodes so you can sustain RF faster.

you don't need a level 20 purity of fire to run RF. if you can use RF without losing health you should switch to it immediately. and yeah you should look for a wand with +fire then.

hope this helps!

"
Asgerdur wrote:
do you still use the same talent tree, and the same gear? if not, could you try to update it? im using this atm and having alot of fun tbh.... but just wanted to know, if you have done any improvements on the gear/spec :)

/Taz

yeah i do, if anything changes i will update it.
"
So when I cast RF, I do it using double Redbeaks, and I have been wondering if the 20% loss of IIR from Aurumvorax still applies when I switch back to it after casting RF?

That is a very good question. And also related to the old discussion on whether you can snapshot with wondertraps.

If you can snapshot with wondertraps then I guess the -20 from Auromvorax won't be applied either.
One of these days someone (perhaps even me) has to test this ...

Hey Oro, currently are you having 8.8% passive life regen and 90% max fire resist?

Level 20 Vitality is 1.65 X 1.28 aura buff = 2.1%

Total regen running = 10.9% life regen

With the additional of +2 max fire res, how much passive life regen do you think can be dropped?
Ugh they are changing passives around, I hope RF wont be destroyed.
Doesn't seem to be that bad:

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDF8SaRRNFSAWbxccFy8Y2xkuGYUaPhpsHRQhYCSLJKoksCcvJ9Un7Sj6KS4pTymlKk0s6S7_NZI26TrYPAU8LT0PPfw_J0CgQYdKfUrITipQUFKvVElVxlcNWGNbr18_YEtnoGoebBZuqnF5dO108XrvfLuApILHgziD24UyhtGHdojxjM-PRpitna6f36IAog-krKgYrUq18rc-vJ_EWMT2xYrGrsbYzSbOcc9l0NDSIdlh3Q3jauOf5CLsOO8O73zwH_Iv8932SPno-tL8S_zF_go=

You do gain +2% max fire res and with the buff in marauder starting area you have more life and armour !
IGN: Megawipe
Last edited by marquis51 on Mar 5, 2014, 8:33:18 AM
Last edited by Nahkalaukku on Mar 5, 2014, 9:17:17 AM
"
Nahkalaukku wrote:

Thanks for sharing I think your pathing saves some points over mine but ends up with less strength and life and more damage :P interesting !
IGN: Megawipe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info