Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

i think this will be my build for next league :D hope will work
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtC2EMXxJpFE0VIBZvFxwXLxjbGYUaPhpsIWAj9iSqJLAnLyfVKPopLimlKk0s6S7_NZI26TrhPC09_D8nQKBBh0p9SshM_03jTipQUFXGVvpYY1pIW69fP2BLZ6BodGwWbqpxeXTtdPF4DXloeu98uICkgseDOIPbhtGHdojxjM-PRpSgmK2drqIAog-krKZXpwioGKlurEetSq9stfK3PriTvJ_BBMRYxYrGrsbYzSbOcc9l0NDaYt0N45_rLOvu7g7vDu987_DwH_Gs8i_yRfPd9kj56PrS_Ev8xf4K_o8=
Sheesh with all this, I'm thinking we don't even need Rise of the Phoenix necessarily. With Saffell's Frame and just level 17 PoF, you'd be at 87% and that was able to be life regen neutral before the patch (granted the extra 1% node in Duelist was needed). Something to play with at any rate.
I'm currently debating about staying on Standard with my summoner or moving to Ambush and trying to shoot for a RF farming build depending on how crappy summoner feels after the BM changes.

It seems that RF is not a viable starting build though as you need the Rise of the Phoenix shield. The rest of the items don't seem too tough to get. Regardless though I can't imagine this being something that you can actively level with but rather the kind of build that you switch into in the 60's.

So my main question is -- what would you guys recommend for leveling this character in a new league? I'm totally unfamiliar with melee/marauders. Is there a skillset one could use to level with that would allow you to follow the general RF build as you level so as to minimize the need for respeccing? The build has a ton of defense so I see that working well with just about any build, but I imagine you might need to pick up a bit of offense here and there too.

Any advice would be appreciated.
IGNs

Standard: Gyakufu | Gyakufuu
Warbands: Tsukikage
Tempest: Yamakage
"
swarmofseals wrote:
I'm currently debating about staying on Standard with my summoner or moving to Ambush and trying to shoot for a RF farming build depending on how crappy summoner feels after the BM changes.

It seems that RF is not a viable starting build though as you need the Rise of the Phoenix shield. The rest of the items don't seem too tough to get. Regardless though I can't imagine this being something that you can actively level with but rather the kind of build that you switch into in the 60's.

So my main question is -- what would you guys recommend for leveling this character in a new league? I'm totally unfamiliar with melee/marauders. Is there a skillset one could use to level with that would allow you to follow the general RF build as you level so as to minimize the need for respeccing? The build has a ton of defense so I see that working well with just about any build, but I imagine you might need to pick up a bit of offense here and there too.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Level as anything and then get searing bond from "lost in love" normal. Think that's probably the easiest way to do it without really having to change much of your build throughout.
Last edited by justicemilk on Mar 5, 2014, 2:26:48 PM
I'm between:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQLv-iD18_458nL-8OvJ-krPIvqBjBBHloC2F4DalutfJuqkrIPycqTRUgg9v8S85xbBYs6d0NW6_8xWegh3ZKfU4qKaUY261KDF_NJnTxIWBAoJ65BS1gS3rvdO3EWCfVNZL-j4jxTeOmVzrh8kX-Crc-xq48LUz_r2zFivAfogAUTQSzAnGDOO98QYf56Gh02mKUoILHKPqYrevuuJOnCJ2uGmwZhSSqNunjavPdj0bQ0M9lVcYSaRcccXnYJDbFNtjvhYgb7FU=

and

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQLv-iD18_458nL-8OvJ-krPIvqBjBBHloC2F4DalutfJuqkrIPycqTRUgg9v8S85xbBYs6d0NW6_8xWegh3ZKfU4qKaUY261KDF_NJnTxIWBAoJ65BS1gS3rvdO3EWCfVNZL-j4jxTeOmVzrh8kX-Crc-xq48LUz_r2zFivAfogAUTQSzAnGDOO98QYf56Gh02mKUoILHKPqYrevuuJOnCJ2uGmwZhSSqNunjavPdj0bQ0M9lVcYSaRcccXn60hcvhtEksICk

The first is more damage but slightly lest positive regen. The second is less regen but more damage. I'm thinking that with the +2% cap in fire res we got this patch that there's no need to 1) get the life regen node in the duelist area and 2) get the aura nodes just for a bit more regen and +1% capped fire res. In other words, I'm thinking of sticking with the more damage build (after all, i'm a SC player).

Any ideas?
For my skill points this is where I am going with it;

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQQHBLMFLQthDF8SaRRNFxwXLxjbGYUabBv6HwIhYCSqJLAl3ycvJ9Uo-imlLv81kjbFNtg26TwtPV9AoEGHR35KfUz_TipQUFJTWGNbr18_YEthIWVNZ6BodHF5dO108XgNeWh674CkgseDOITZhO-G0Yd2iBuI8ZSgl5WYrZ2uogCiD6QZpKynCKgYqW6rxa1Kr2y18rc-uJO8n76KwQTEWMWKxq7G2M0m2CTaYt0N4urjn-vu7FXvDu9874XwH_Iv89356PrS_MX-Cg==

I don't see why we would leave the 1% in the duelist area on the off the target list anymore when you can get this at mid-80s.

And to those saying why get all that extra fire resist, half regen maps are now very viable with higher regen totals and higher fire resist totals. Bringing you down to three unworkable map mods;

No Regen Maps
Blood Magic
- Max Elemental Resists

That's a lot better than it was last patch.

Of course if you aren't going for more viable map mods, then all you need to do is get enough to cover the degen and go for more life/damage nodes.
Last edited by Cragwell on Mar 5, 2014, 3:56:19 PM
Last edited by sikker on Mar 6, 2014, 1:14:56 AM
Doesn't Sovereignty also increase RF damage in addition to also buffing your Vitality? I could have sworn it got buffed from aura, area damage, fire damage, and burn damage nodes.
"
Conneri wrote:
Doesn't Sovereignty also increase RF damage in addition to also buffing your Vitality? I could have sworn it got buffed from aura, area damage, fire damage, and burn damage nodes.

It wont do anything to RF. Sovereignty only affects to auras, and RF is counted as "buff" rather than "aura". So only your auras will be buffed from sovereignty cluster.
"
Nahkalaukku wrote:
It wont do anything to RF. Sovereignty only affects to auras, and RF is counted as "buff" rather than "aura". So only your auras will be buffed from sovereignty cluster.

ah, I was probably thinking of the patch where they referred to the aura portion of it (or just that when I grabbed it, it allowed me to run a 3rd aura, which made it important at the time). Next question after looking at the above build, while I know it's affected by +fire damage, I've never seen anyone add +elemental damage but I'd assume they work exactly the same? Also, would Elemental Domination work (+20% elemental damage with spells)? The path to that (assuming you grab Immolation) is 39% fire damage for 5 points, which with so many 6% life nodes might be worth it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info