Oro's Righteous Fire Marauder [1.2.0]

Does anyone think the Blast Radius node is worth 5 points for the larger RF area?

I'm trying it out right now at level 81, and it seems like a nice quality of life thing to more easily encompass packs in the fire.

However it is costing me +40% life, as I could just take 5 more 8% nodes.

Thoughts?
"
Azloki wrote:
Based on wiki, fire damage increase does not affect the damage on enemy from RF, so what is the point taking the fire nod?

1.0.2 Patch Notes

Generic modifiers to damage dealt will now apply to damage over time that your character causes. Damage over time is not spell damage, nor attack damage, so modifiers specific to those types will not apply. Non-specific "increased damage" modifiers will apply to damage over time. Type-specific modifiers will apply as well. For example, "increased fire damage" modifiers will apply to fire damage over time.

It sounds like it should work, if not I know exactly where I'll be putting those extra points -.-
IGN: Sin
Hey man love the guide. Can you update leveling passives for the new changes?
"
CaptainKapow wrote:
Does anyone think the Blast Radius node is worth 5 points for the larger RF area?

I'm trying it out right now at level 81, and it seems like a nice quality of life thing to more easily encompass packs in the fire.

Thoughts?

Fuck no. Increased AoE is completely minuscule on RF, anyway you look at it. I've tested it thoroughly and I can tell you that the AoE nodes are pretty garbo for this build.
"
Oroboro wrote:
"
CaptainKapow wrote:

Thoughts?

Fuck no. Increased AoE is completely minuscule on RF, anyway you look at it. I've tested it thoroughly and I can tell you that the AoE nodes are pretty garbo for this build.

You have such a giant RF range though compared to mine. How is that?

EDIT: Could you please share with us the exact number of your defenses? I am using a similiar build starting as a duelist and my damage reduction from armor is a petit 30% so I end up taking huge amounts of physical damage.
I am offline or not responding in game ??? PM me.
IGN: Xasiklis

Proud developer of PoE - Multitool. Check thread #957878 for more info.
My item shop #136792
Last edited by Aposperite on Dec 12, 2013, 5:46:18 AM
Hmm a couple questions..
1. Does % increased fire damage work with RF?
2. Does Doon Cuebiyari % increased damage stack with % increased spell damage and % more spell damage?

e.g. Let's say I have 648 strength, that gives me 81% increased damage.
My RF gem gives me 15% increased spell damage and 61% more spell damage.

Does RF 61% more spell damage boost the 81% increased damage from Doon Cuebiyari?

This is really simplified but something like that... ?
(81% + 15%) X 1.61
Last edited by Shogen on Dec 12, 2013, 4:21:35 PM
1. It does.
2. If u use spell, % increased dmage from sceptre is additive to your spelldmg. If ur spell is projectile u have another additive modifier: % incresed projectile damage. RF 61% more spelldamage is just another multiplicative modifier, that apply to all spells that use spelldamage, u multiply damage of your skill by 1.61 after all additive modifiers, it doesn't matter if those were spelldamage, just plain damage, projectile damage or area damage (if u use AoE spell).
Last edited by SteKrz on Dec 13, 2013, 1:06:18 AM
Congratulations, Oro, great build. Just a question/tip about curses:

- Vulnerability effect (Cursed enemies take 40% increased damage from Damage Over Time effects) stacks additively. This means you'll deal around a 7% more neat damage with RF (based on a RF dealing 35K DPS).
- Flammability effect (level 20) causes mobs to lose 49% of fire resistance. This will increase the whole amount of burning damage they take. With the same 35K RF damage, a white mob will take 49% more damage.

Then, if that's not wrong, we should use Flammability instead of Vulnerability, right?

EDIT: the word "TAKE" on "Cursed enemies take 40% increased damage" becomes that effect a multiplicative stat. With this data, seems Flammability is still a bit better, but only with non-fire resistance mobs based.

Feedback, please!
- Attack and Spell DPS Calculator (view-thread/977942)
- IIQ/IIR balance guide (view-thread/725812)
Last edited by Chuca79 on Dec 13, 2013, 7:45:13 AM
Seeing that righteous fire (RF) is being affected by fire dmg:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/661547

I will be using

The way I see it, the helm is effectively a 1.3 multiplier to the RF burn dmg as I dont have any other fire dmg mod on gear or in passive tree. If RF can be sustained (it can be sustained using lvl 17 purity of fire in my case), Alpha's Howl in this case is not as good as the Hrimnor's Resolve Helmet imo (fire-dmg immunity provided by Alpha's Howl and the Ruby Flask is nice but in most cases not needed).
Dem Feinde entgegen, im Panzer geschützt
Last edited by HPftw on Dec 13, 2013, 8:15:11 AM
Just uploaded an excel sheet to calculate the RF damage. You only need to save a copy and edit the red numbers and/or add your data from other passives/gear.
Please, tell me any error you can find there in order to fix it.

Link:
Spoiler
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amldw0DkUS8cdHp3emdxRVk2ZWxHVzR0am5UQnJpTUE&usp=sharing

"
HPftw wrote:
Seeing that righteous fire (RF) is being affected by fire dmg:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/661547

I will be using
. The way I see it, the helm is effectively a 1.3 multiplier to the RF burn dmg as I dont have any other fire dmg mod on gear or in passive tree. If RF can be sustained, Alpha's Howl in this case is not as good as the Hrimnor's Resolve Helmet imo (fire immune provided by Alpha's Howl and the Ruby Flask is nice but in most cases not needed).

I think that 30% from the helmet is additive because it's an "increased" mod instead a "more" mod. Still good if u can use it nstead of Alpha's.
- Attack and Spell DPS Calculator (view-thread/977942)
- IIQ/IIR balance guide (view-thread/725812)
Last edited by Chuca79 on Dec 13, 2013, 8:24:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info