Blue Flame Hellion ( Incinerate / EB / MoM / Block ) WORKINPROGRESS

The Blue Flame Hellion!

Hello everyone and welcome to my EB MoM Scion Incinerator guide.

So what is the idea behind this build you might ask?

Well the idea is to get the most use out of the new Keystone(I get it by using the "Cloak of Defiance" chestpiece) “Mind over Matter” it offers a great extra layer of survivability that I was unable to get with my previous incinerate build.
We want to get as much out of our mana without reserving too much of it so you have to be picky with the auras you chose this is also why we get most of the aura reservation reduction nodes. Last we add high block and max level Arctic Armor so that in the end we layer as much mitigation on top of each other with the idea of them amplifying one another.

With the build I will be using the Cloak of Defiance which adds another 10% damage taken on mana giving you 40% total instead of only 30% provided if you got the Keystone, also this frees up 3skill points which in my build will be = 3x8% HP nodes.

So how does MoM work? Every time you take a “hit” 30(+10) % of the damage taken will be taken from your mana before your HP if you have 0 mana all of the damage will go to your life (take note here degens are NOT affected by MoM and will go straight on your HP). Say you get hit by puncture the initial hit will now be divided between mana and HP but the degen effect after will go 100% on your life pool.

BE WARY OF CORRUTING BLOOD: since you have 10+ casts per sec + lmp/gmp you will instantly stack to 20 if you are close. With vulnerability and damage mods this can kill you in less than 1 second.

Another concern you will have is “lightning thorns” Fear not, with the use of Cybil’s paw, 75% spell block and MoM you can pretty much spam into packs full of lightning thorns. The Promenade boss however is not something to take lightly the damage from a single hit to her lightning thorn is much higher than a normal monster and you have to be careful around her as you can kill yourself very quickly.

Gems setup:

3L : Lightning Warp + Faster cast + Reduced Duration
3L : Arctic Armour + ? + ?
4L : Cast when Damage Taken(lvl 4) + Enduring Cry + Enfeeble + Molten Shell
4L : Reduced Mana + Clarity + Grace + Discipline ( all max lvl )
4L : Reduced Mana + Tempest Shield + Enduring Cry + Enfeeble/Ele Weakness
5(6)L : Incinerate + GMP/LMP + Faster Casting + Fire Pen + Faster proj + (Chaos Dmg)
Incinerate: Above is in order of importance so if you have a 4l take out faster proj.

Bandit Quest:

Normal: +40 HP ( Help Oak )
Cruel: +Skill Point ( Kill All )
Merciless: +Endurance Charge ( Help Oak )

Items:

Spoiler
The Weapon Slot is an arguable one, early on it has great scaling as your dmg is low the life on hit is amazing, though a great wand with spell dmg, cast speed, proj speed might be something I would swap to later, though this would required one to use life leech gem instead of faster proj

Spoiler
The Armour is almost imposible to swap out, the extra 10% taken from mana greatly increases your max life pool also the mana + regen is amazing. I would only consider changing this for a near perfect hybrid EV/ES chest

Spoiler
You really need the the spell block!, an option here could be having a great +life + cast speed+ spell dmg amu for when you have specific encounters that do not need max block

Spoiler
Don,t see how I can replace this piece the logic is the same as with the amulet only swap for specific fights that do not req. spellblock.

Spoiler
This is the only piece that I am seriously considering to swap out, with slightymore block I should be able to achieve 74spell block(1% below max) but gain a ton of resist and 89life, at the cost of a little mana and the 1% spellblock.

Spoiler
A great addition(though not required) to this build, if you are in trouble and all your mana is gone you can regen your entire mana pool in a few secs with your regen + this flask even while spamming incinerate, that plus + x2 HP pots you can go from 10% of your entire life pool to 100% in no time!

As for the rest of the gear it can be summed up to Life / Resist / Mana Regen / ES / Mana. This is a very unique heavy build with little resist so getting the resist sorted out can be very challenging.
Spoiler

Early Game Build:
This part can be done with a Tabula Rasa 6l incinerate, or just a generic Spectral Throw Setup that's all up to you. Leveling can be done in many ways. But you should be levelling your gems from the very beginning.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABBH4F-QhnEdsVUBXwGDwZihrbHRQj9ij6KaUtgy2oNuk6WDqzRZ1KfU4qVcZW-lpIW69noG-eeqqCx4MJhxmHdo9GkzqXBprgm7WnCLGQt9a4k7vjvSfDOsSiykrPZdDQ21ndDeNq6-7uDu_w-WP56PrS_MX-ug==

Endgame Build 1st step
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABBH4F-QhnEZYVUBXwFy8YPBmKGjIajxrbG60c3B0UHaoelCP2KMUo-imlLYMtqC9vNuk6WDqzPeJFnUZxSO5KfUw1TipRYFXGVdZW-lpIW69k52egb55wfXC7eqp_xoCkgh6Cx4MJhxmHdohCj0aTJ5M6lwaa4Ju1pwiplaw_sZC0DLfTt9a4k7vjvSfBxcM6xKLKSs9l0NDXy9kT2wvbWdxX3Q3hiONq6-7uDu_w87722vlj-ej60vsJ_MX-ug==

Endgame Build Last Step
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABBH4F-QhnEZYV8BcvGDwZhhmKGjIajxrbG60c3B0UHaoelCP2KMUo-imlLYMtqC9vMZ426TpYOuE94kGHRZ1GcUjuSn1MNU4qUWBVxlXWVvpaSFuvZOdnoG-ecH1wu3qqf8aApIIegseDCYcZh3aIQojxj0aS85MnkzqXBprgm7WmV6cIqZWsP6xHsZC0DLc-t9O31riTu-O9J8HFwzrEospKz2XQ0NfL2RPbC9tZ3FfdDeGI42rnY-vu7g7v8PJF87722vlj-ej60vsJ_MX-Cv66

Pros:
+ High mitigation (60block / 75% Spell block / AA)
+ High Combined HP pool
+ Unaffected by most reflect

Cons:
- Weak against degen
- Damage has ramp up time
- Half / No regen can be a challenge

( This is a work in progress and only the first draft. )

UPDATED 4/12/2013 (Bandit Quests)
twitch.tv/nugiyen (Live almost everyday from 15.00 +1 GMT)
follow @nugiyen on twitter
www.youtube.com/nugiyen
Last edited by nugiyen on Dec 4, 2013, 8:30:56 AM
Kappa
It would be nice to see information about what you chose as a reward for quests like "Deal with the bandits" quest swhile using this build.
Add skilltrees for lvl 20/40/60/80
Can you post your gear pls, would be nice ;)
Hey nugi could you post the level of the gems you are using, I never know when to stop leveling a gem. Thanks
Think of something that would make this build cast slower but deal more damage or the same, I hate when incinerate people join my party, those skeletons were laggy enough! :P

BOYCOTT BLUE INCINERATE SPAM!
"
Simsung wrote:
Think of something that would make this build cast slower but deal more damage or the same, I hate when incinerate people join my party, those skeletons were laggy enough! :P

BOYCOTT BLUE INCINERATE SPAM!

the whole point of it is you have to build it up fast for max damage output
Can you write if the CWDT, Efee and EC should i lvl up or just leav on an low level ?
"
VolcomPL wrote:
Can you write if the CWDT, Efee and EC should i lvl up or just leav on an low level ?

He is using CWDT level 4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info