[2.0] The Bulldozer - Man Mode. No Death/Portal Malachai Vid up

"
mvm199 wrote:
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
"
mvm199 wrote:
@mammatus: how can I make him hate his build? just telling him its pretty bad, thats all

So, if you so expert maybe you show us your own cheap mega-DPS survivor build then?

Never claimed to have a cheap mega-DPS survivor build. Or to be an expert. Whats your point, other than to be obnoxious?

"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
"
Sponge4747 wrote:
I've stated that soul taker is the exception, and could be worked around to avoid using with sacrifice to the fun factor of the actual bulldozer part.

So, what will be your suggestion for poor people which have only something like this:

you drop LL and use BM, d3rp

wpn, gloves, rings, and amu and Blood rage and Blood drinker all give physical attack life leech, which is what cyclone is mainly

@sponge: you have >0 chaos res right now, and can use blood rage full time. You get more life leech, and more ias, ie more dps. And drop life leech gem for WED gem, ie even more dps. You're welcome. Having to tell this to a Bulldozer is painful.

Also, you have 1141 - 2043 physical raw dmg with all that physical dmg nodes investment, and an expensive legacy ST and the crappy helm that abyssus is. When if you just go FB / BOR (even new ones, dont need legacy), you still get more dps, or at least more per hit, which is the best way to go.

Nice tanking carnage, you could have not hidden your hp, for all I know you could have respecced to more hp from tree and worn more hp gear. Something tells me you didnt do that though ... he crits for around 3k, and with enfeeble at 30% effectiveness on map bosses, for about 10% less dmg = 2700, after ~28k armor (your stats with determination and molten shell give that much) and 1 endurance charge, thats about 1350 dmg, with abyssus around 1900 dmg. So yeah, 1/3 of your current hp. If you think getting hit for 1/3 of your hp and needing that much armor for it, and with no damage mods on him is cool, then good for you :)

I've kicked around the idea of using BoR, but I like abyssus and my 6L better, I never claimed it was required. Of course I didn't respec just to tank carnage, but you're including Molten shell and an endurance charge... When I clearly had neither before the hit struck, only enfeeble was active on him. This wasn't even really an actual show off, I was just testing to see the damage he would do. Also... as far as "needing that much armor"... I have that much, all I did was turn off haste and turn on determination for that. No leaving the map, no changing gear, nothing.

As far LL/BM, I trade off added fire because the increased life leech rate is something I've grown used to, and I have more than enough damage to not really worry about the loss. Not all people can run blood rage consistently, so they might need life leech as well. Just because I didn't do it the way you'd do it doesn't make it wrong, it's just another way of doing it.

What's you're obsession with nitpicking this build? If it's so bad, why does it work so well? I never claimed it was perfect, and even specifically mentioned it could be better, but would only be min/maxing at this point. Did I run over your dog in the street, or do you just instinctively hate any build that isn't exactly what you think it should be and attack those who promote them?
IGN: Hotdogs
Last edited by Sponge4747 on Dec 1, 2013, 9:26:35 PM
I didnt say everyone can run blood rage. You can run blood rage because you have positive chaos res and 4% regen. It gives a lot of physical leech, which with 4k hp is enough to put you in the cap. That leech gem is wasted.
Arnold Schwarzenegger Metal Tribute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_wJqMYGaNI
could you tell how in your vids you use cyclone with like 0 mana and no blood rage on that chest ?
The unique axe soultaker allows you to continue attacking even if you don't have mana.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
1. so does it matter if your main attack skill ( cyclone ) is not on the axe ? can you use all the auras and with like 5 mana still attack with cyclone ?

2. how can you not get stunned while cyclone with just 9% evasion chance and no US node ?

3. what can you do about blocked movement while cyclone ? flasks ?
Last edited by roudrik909 on Feb 13, 2014, 9:30:52 PM
1. Yeah, that's why this op axe costs so many exalted orbs... ;)

2. Stun is not an issue for a lifebased character. Monsters don't do enough damage to seriously stun.

3. ?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
first of all thank you for such intel it will be very good to do a char like this build.

i got this cyclone facebreaker mara and i see myself sometimes got blocked while cycloning around even with the shift.

with this adrenaline flask i can move freely without getting blocking while i cyclone.

so. is that the only way to avoid block movement ?
Last edited by roudrik909 on Feb 14, 2014, 11:22:20 AM
"
roudrik909 wrote:
1. so does it matter if your main attack skill ( cyclone ) is not on the axe ? can you use all the auras and with like 5 mana still attack with cyclone ?

2. how can you not get stunned while cyclone with just 9% evasion chance and no US node ?

3. what can you do about blocked movement while cyclone ? flasks ?

The blocked movement aspect I found, is just try to cyclone around the objects that block you, or do small triangle cyclones, or zig zag in a small tight pattern. I usually use the small triangle method as I did in Diablo 2, helps deal with desynch issues. Quicksilver flasks will help if you bump into an object, just cyclone down, or away from it.
I have spent all morning looking for builds to try on the new Invasion league, Cyclone style. This one just made me close all the tabs of other candidates.

I do have a question if you don't mind: Were I to try this with Scion for a bit of a flavor change (female face-smashing is still badass), would the differences be too much in your opinion? I know you say it is possible, but could you perhaps elaborate? If it's a bit of a hassle I'll just stick to Marauder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info