[2.0] The Bulldozer - Man Mode. No Death/Portal Malachai Vid up

"
mvm199 wrote:
@mammatus: how can I make him hate his build? just telling him its pretty bad, thats all

So, if you so expert maybe you show us your own cheap mega-DPS survivor build then?
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
"
mvm199 wrote:
@mammatus: how can I make him hate his build? just telling him its pretty bad, thats all

So, if you so expert maybe you show us your own cheap mega-DPS survivor build then?

All of his arguments are full of holes, it's honestly just mindless trolling at this point. In response to this I'd expect him to blab something about Soul Taker not being cheap, even though I've stated that soul taker is the exception, and could be worked around to avoid using with sacrifice to the fun factor of the actual bulldozer part.

But that won't stop him from coming back and crying about how "scrubcore" the build is, because you know, I didn't specify this to be standard or anything.
IGN: Hotdogs
"
Sponge4747 wrote:
I've stated that soul taker is the exception, and could be worked around to avoid using with sacrifice to the fun factor of the actual bulldozer part.

So, what will be your suggestion for poor people which have only something like this:

"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
"
Sponge4747 wrote:
I've stated that soul taker is the exception, and could be worked around to avoid using with sacrifice to the fun factor of the actual bulldozer part.

So, what will be your suggestion for poor people which have only something like this:

I was actually just discussing that with someone. Honestly if I needed to use an axe that wasn't soul taker, I'd have two things to test.

First off, I would drop purity, even out my resistances with different gear as well as procure at least 2% mana leech on a ring or something and test to see if I could easily sustain the mana cost. This would require the least sacrifice to my gems/dps. This method might also require gear with mana rolls on it. Ultimately, not really the better choice.

If this wasn't enough to fix the issue, I would instead keep everything the same and run blood magic in place of added fire damage. This would unfortunately mean I'd have to time out my cyclones more instead of just holding right click and winning the game, as well as losing some dps from added fire, but I wouldn't have to change as much gear as I'd still have my resistances.

Both options require sacrifices, but aren't impossible to work with. I will say however, that a non-legacy soul taker, minimum roll, still makes this a bulldozer build with plenty of damage. So if you're lucky enough to even find a garbage one for cheap, go for it.

Edit: I tested out switching to an Axe almost identical to that(slightly less dps) and using blood magic in place of my added fire as the only changes. It seems that just 1 strike on an enemy is enough to refill the cost of the skill, and the loss in dps is only about 2k total. So like I said, soul taker isn't required.
Last edited by Sponge4747 on Dec 1, 2013, 4:47:11 AM
"
Sponge4747 wrote:
I will say however, that a non-legacy soul taker, minimum roll, still makes this a bulldozer build with plenty of damage. So if you're lucky enough to even find a garbage one for cheap, go for it.

Edit: I tested out switching to an Axe almost identical to that(slightly less dps) and using blood magic in place of my added fire as the only changes. It seems that just 1 strike on an enemy is enough to refill the cost of the skill, and the loss in dps is only about 2k total. So like I said, soul taker isn't required.

Sounds nice.

Actually i had ST. I was chancing every SIege Axe when Domination started and GGG claims that you can get map-only uniq just by chancing crap. But it was shittiest roll possible and i sold it for 15ex... in next two weeks its cost raised to 40ex and i shit my pants.
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
"
Sponge4747 wrote:
I will say however, that a non-legacy soul taker, minimum roll, still makes this a bulldozer build with plenty of damage. So if you're lucky enough to even find a garbage one for cheap, go for it.

Sounds nice.

Actually i had ST. I was chancing every SIege Axe when Domination started and GGG claims that you can get map-only uniq just by chancing crap. But it was shittiest roll possible and i sold it for 15ex... in next two weeks its cost raised to 40ex and i shit my pants.

Even a crap ST is amazing. The damage isn't the awesome part, it's all about that mana ignore. Just like with Shav's I wish there was a passive node or something that would make the item less expensive for its special quality.
Why didnt you take Blood drinker by the way? Its only 1sp.
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
Why didnt you take Blood drinker by the way? Its only 1sp.

Between my (old)gear, life leech gem and blood rage, it was a waste of a point. Since I always run blood rage, I'm already at 15.2% leech with level 18 life leech in. Even with a 20% life leech, it's enough to cap my regen effortlessly.
So I lucked upon a Colonnade map, and decided to test out how Carnage hits. I took video tanking again, like I did with Kole, however it was really crappy so I'm not going to upload it. Carnage kept missing his large smash, I was trying to make sure I had a granite flask up to tank it so I could gauge the damage in a safe situation, but he just kept freaking missing.... Eventually he finally managed to hit with his smash, luckily even without granite or endurance charges, it's not very threatening. Here are the Before and After screen caps of the smash. The map mods were of no favor to Carnage's damage, this was just a vanilla hit.

Apologies for the large size of the images. (Would suggest opening in a new window to view properly)

As you can see, I'm chilling, enjoying the day. Carnage is winding up for his smash, enfeebled yes, but otherwise no endurance or granite buff. All of my pots are used up from trying to test the damage(in failure I might add.)
Spoiler

and the aftermath, a whooping 1/3 of my life gone from an unimpressive hit.
Spoiler

Yes, I did also have Abyssus equipped for this.
Last edited by Sponge4747 on Dec 1, 2013, 8:10:05 AM
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
"
mvm199 wrote:

Never claimed to have a cheap mega-DPS survivor build. Or to be an expert. Whats your point, other than to be obnoxious?

"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
"
Sponge4747 wrote:

you drop LL and use BM, d3rp

wpn, gloves, rings, and amu and Blood rage and Blood drinker all give physical attack life leech, which is what cyclone is mainly

@sponge: you have >0 chaos res right now, and can use blood rage full time. You get more life leech, and more ias, ie more dps. And drop life leech gem for WED gem, ie even more dps. You're welcome. Having to tell this to a Bulldozer is painful.

Also, you have 1141 - 2043 physical raw dmg with all that physical dmg nodes investment, and an expensive legacy ST and the crappy helm that abyssus is. When if you just go FB / BOR (even new ones, dont need legacy), you still get more dps, or at least more per hit, which is the best way to go.

Nice tanking carnage, you could have not hidden your hp, for all I know you could have respecced to more hp from tree and worn more hp gear. Something tells me you didnt do that though ... he crits for around 3k, and with enfeeble at 30% effectiveness on map bosses, for about 10% less dmg = 2700, after ~28k armor (your stats with determination and molten shell give that much) and 1 endurance charge, thats about 1350 dmg, with abyssus around 1900 dmg. So yeah, 1/3 of your current hp. If you think getting hit for 1/3 of your hp and needing that much armor for it, and with no damage mods on him is cool, then good for you :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info