1.0.2 Microtransaction Videos and Damage Over Time Changes

From what I have read, there certainly appears from the wording that there is double dipping, both in terms of bleeds and burning damage. The people who would disagree, either players or devs (though I haven't seen this) seem to not understand the wording in the English language. If you read the wording correctly, there should be double-dipping, whether or not this is intended or not.

Could burning damage or bleed damage be very large with low resists? Absolutely. The question is how dots behave on enemies that have resists and armor. The biggest benefit to burning damage seems to be the buff where fire penetration will consistently help increase burning damage, particularly on opponents with high resists.

The biggest downside that I see is that resists and armor will be over-emphasized in order to negate these dots.
So this does work with Puncture? So increased base damage or crits would indeed increase the damage of this skill? Thank you.
"
Agashi wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"Burning Damage" means the same thing as "fire damage over time". There is no distinction between the two, we just give fire damage over time a fancy name because it sounds better.

So fireball for example, a 100% increased fire damage will double the base damage of the fireball, AND double the burning damage of ignite?

So instead of 50 base fireball with 100% increasted fire damage igniting(non crit) turning into, 100 + 133(over 4 seconds)

It'll be 100 + 266(over 4 seconds)?

no

the ignite is a result of your initial fire damage in the first place these changes simply make it happen that increased fire damage passive nodes will affect skills that beforehand were not affected by it like searing bond the burning patch damage from fire trap and if im correct in saying this also the damage that righteous fire does to enemies around you.
It's already the 28th 3 hours and 22 mins ago here. Where the .... is the patch or the notes lol?
"
Vandenreich wrote:
It's already the 28th 3 hours and 22 mins ago here. Where the .... is the patch or the notes lol?

US Time still not 28th but yeah should be up already patch notes lol
"
G4ndi wrote:
"
Vandenreich wrote:

US Time still not 28th but yeah should be up already patch notes lol

should be obvious by now its not coming today.
beer hangover maybe ?

chill guys prob on the way :)

P.S. Foresee some rip to nemesis mods/dots inc.
HC: @DeathAgain / Blood: @BurrnBabyBurrrn
Damage conversion does not apply to damage over time.
i didn't understand so if i have cold to fire gem on my icespear this part of fire wouldn't be increased by fire nodes?
sigh i guess they got to drunk to come in to work D:
"
Frozenarms wrote:
sigh i guess they got to drunk to come in to work D:

if this was people calling about a defective product, or went out to eat and were told they couldn't be helped because they were too drunk and partied out to work, not a single person here would give a smile and say, oh thats ok. They would call it irresponsible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info