1.0.2 Microtransaction Videos and Damage Over Time Changes

"
Manolaman wrote:
damage conversion dont apply? if i have my damage coverted to fire? dont i have more burning damage?

Looks like
i think it becouse of avatar of fire it would be OP whith all this conversion
hope they just change Avatar and keep another convesion sourses
"
Floorlamp wrote:
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
"
Modifiers based on how the damage is dealt will apply as appropriate - for example, increased area damage and increased projectile damage will both apply to the poison clouds from Poison Arrow, as it fills an area and is an effect of a projectile.

I predict this will cause a lot of confusion. Since when are clouds considered projectiles? Who thinks that's "appropriate," and what do they think that word means?

What he said is that the cloud is an effect of the projectile. Poison arrow is an arrow, which makes it a projectile. Projectile nodes now increase the initial hit which increases; in turn, the damage that the cloud does. In a similar way to puncture DoT being affected by the initial hit.

Or at least thats what I take from this :)

this behaviour is already in place for thinks like fireball/arctic breath. the AOE dmg is a conversion from the projectile dmg, so all inc proj get converted to aoe dmg.
...How does this affect Adder's Touch?
(says resident dagger enthusiast)
"
Manolaman wrote:
damage conversion dont apply? if i have my damage coverted to fire? dont i have more burning damage?

I am pretty sure that dmg converted to fire dmg will indirectly increase the burning dmg.
Otherwise it would be very strange.
The fire damage per hit is the base dmg for the burning-effect. Converting dmg to fire will result in higher on hit fire damage and so indirectly boosts your burning.

I think GGG just meant that converting dmg doesnt convert AND gives you % increased burning dmg like '% increased fire dmg'

+xx% increased fire damage:
- does increase your firedamage per hit and so the base dmg of the burning effect AND
- does increase the burning dmg because xx% fire damage is equal to xx% burning dmg
=> increased fire damage will multiply with itself

xx% converted fire damage:
- only increases your fire damage per hit and so it only boosts the base dmg of the burning effect
=> converted to fire dmg does NOT multiply with itself

===> Would be nice if some dev could confirm this!

=> As far as I understand the drawback of "Avatar of Fire isnt that the converted fire dmg doesnt boost the base dmg of the burn effect, it is that you only convert 50% of your dmg and loose the rest (dont know exactly but I think u also loose 100% of your chaos dmg)

=> e.g. if u get those 1xx lightning dmg unique boots you'll loose half of your dmg with avatar of fire.
==> So if u want to go avatar of fire, you REALLY have to specialize fully on burn, because for (almost) every no-burn elemental build Avatar of fire really sucks

=> If converted firedamage really doesnt boost the base dmg of the burning effect - the keystone would be total crap...

Beta 1.0.1:
Viper Strike lvl-16
Base Duration: 7.0 secs
Chaos Damage: 253.8/sec

Beta 1.0.2:
Viper Strike lvl-16
Base Duration: 7.0 secs
Chaos Damage: 139.7/sec

TL;DR: RIP Viper Strike

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type