1.0.2 Microtransaction Videos and Damage Over Time Changes

"
not directly, although if the DoT is based on the damage a skill inflicts (like burning damage) then indirectly yes. DoT's can't crit afterall.

Yeah i understand with burn damage, but I was thinking more of poison arrows cloud, will that scale of the crit damage?

puncture=> D.O.T based on initial hit so if u improve initial hit , u improve puncture dmg.
poison arrow => the A.E D.O.T is a given amount and with this patch u can now augment it with projectile dmg.
u can also increase it a lot with more lvl on the poison arrow attack.
"
nicoG2 wrote:
puncture=> D.O.T based on initial hit so if u improve initial hit , u improve puncture dmg.
poison arrow => the A.E D.O.T is a given amount and with this patch u can now augment it with projectile dmg.

why would projectile boost poison dot and not puncture dot when in the same time fire damage boost initial damage hit AND burning ?

This news is clearly not ... clear enough ..
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
"
nicoG2 wrote:

why would projectile boost poison dot and not puncture dot when in the same time fire damage boost initial damage hit AND burning ?

This news is clearly not ... clear enough ..

Have you read the skill description? The dot is depending on the initial hit. If projectile dmg would boost the original hit and the bleed effect seperate it would double dip.
Last edited by Vandenreich on Nov 27, 2013, 8:17:57 AM
as I mentionned above, fire damage double dip too.
By the way, "physical damage" or "increase damage" ( le Heup ) and "more damage" ( PA with Crown of Eyes ) would double dip too with puncture.
So clearly asking for "projectile damage" , since it's generic, is a relevant question.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Nov 27, 2013, 8:23:21 AM
"
Malone wrote:
By the way, "physical damage" or "increase damage" ( le Heup ) and "more damage" ( PA with Crown of Eyes ) would double dip too with puncture.
So clearly asking for "projectile damage" , since it's generic, is a relevant question.

If that's the case I have to say that I really dislike these changes. As if burning discharge and explosive arrow weren't strong enough already. We really need some damm patch notes lol.
"
Vandenreich wrote:
"
Malone wrote:

If that's the case I have to say that I really dislike these changes. As if burning discharge and explosive arrow weren't strong enough already. We really need some damm patch notes lol.

Just realised something. How about melee phys puncture builds? Will they benefit from any nodes? Like the pure phys node at the Scion part of the tree. If so.. I can actually get a decent build out of it.

(Puncture/melee phys/melee splash/knockback or something like that.)
So does this mean Corrupting Blood from Nemesis Rares will now kill you in 1 second instead of 2 seconds?
So, increased fire damage will affect Searing Bond? And increased totem damage?
"
menhowca wrote:
So, increased fire damage will affect Searing Bond? And increased totem damage?

According to what the devs said that would work yes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info