Dan's Scion

"
biggerboom wrote:
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
biggerboom wrote:
There is no situation in which I would consider 4-5k more dps more important than 1-1.5k ES, when I have 40k dps already.

You have to realize that past a certain point, DPS is unnecessary. The only thing that matters is how tanky you can be, and how many different scenarios you can survive. As an evasion build, anything that gets past evasion deals enough damage to make you cry, and with less than 5k ES, you'd have a very, very shitty time facing 78 dominus on a -max resistance map, for example.

You're gearing your build towards having ridiculous OP gear. Your choices are not ones 99% of players will be making.

I'll just write up my own build after all. You and the other Kolp mirror aren't that helpful for all the questions I've been getting.

Well for the sake of research, I actually went ahead and spent 4 exalts on re-speccing my build into an evasion-based scion crit dagger. One thing I can say for certain is this: The build is only better vs. projectile damage, and maybe PvP.

The main reason for this is simply: there are too many resistances lost, and unwavering stance is too good of a skill.

Very nice vid. Your gameplay is extremely fast-paced. The way you play it leads me to think that evasion would also work well with this build. You mention the downsides to evasion - but what if you got the same resistances and used Eye of Chayula but did not get US (DPS drops a little because you lose your amulet slot)?
Unfortunately, if you look at my build, the amulet isn't "just an amulet" for me. It's almost 20-30% of my entire dps because of just how amazingly it synergizes with the helmet I am using.

Crit Chance, Energy Shield, Crit Multi, Damage, AND spell damage % (which is converted into 25% physical damage).

An eye of chayula doesn't hold a candle to it. I think eye of chayula as an amulet is only suited towards witches who simply cannot get to unwavering stance because it is way too far away from their tree.
Looks like a very nice build, just a bit curious though
I swear I copy pasta'd your Skill Tree into pathofpoe and saw ~148% ES a few days ago
It's now 118% ES, just wondering what you changed in the tree and why the change?

Edit: Also why not go LEFT (STR) instead of RIGHT (DEX) on the skill tree? You can pick up the 21% Attack Speed if need be, and since you have Iron Grip won't the extra STR allow increased damage (Just suggesting since I don't see how you'd have a lack of DEX requirement)
IGN:
Torment = No_Lightning
Nemesis = ImaGoPewPewPew
Standard = Agieru
Last edited by Colourlessness on Nov 30, 2013, 1:10:32 AM
I was wondering what the strongest build in this game was, and finally found it. GOD DAMN. You understand the game perfectly like no one else, although your gear is very expensive, especially your amulet being specific for this build. I'm just WOW at this moment. I can clearly see that this build is the ultimate end game (expensive) build. I have some requests for this amazing build.
1. I would appreciate you elaborating on this build step by step, including what gear you used leveling up + suggestions for people who can't afford the most expensive parts of your gear, like items over 15 ex or so.
2. I don't see your chest armour here but I would love to see what mods your chest has.
"
Looks like a very nice build, just a bit curious though
I swear I copy pasta'd your Skill Tree into pathofpoe and saw ~148% ES a few days ago
It's now 118% ES, just wondering what you changed in the tree and why the change?

Edit: Also why not go LEFT (STR) instead of RIGHT (DEX) on the skill tree? You can pick up the 21% Attack Speed if need be, and since you have Iron Grip won't the extra STR allow increased damage (Just suggesting since I don't see how you'd have a lack of DEX requirement)

Ah okay. I changed up the skill tree because that's the current one I'm using. Yeah, I had higher energy shield before, but then realized that I was fine sacrificing ~400 or so ES for more mana and mana regen. Of course, such changes are personal preferences for people who can afford to make these kind of changes. Do note that the only reason I'm able to make such drastic changes without big consequences is because my items have inherently quite high energy shield (although shavs is only 580 and crown of eyes only gives 300, my shield is a 600 ES shield).

For any ES based build that uses physical crit, the witch -> shadow tree is the optimal damage/ES nodes. The bottom of the duelist tree is also necessary for vaal pact and unwavering stance, and then the iron grip is just a nice extra we can get because it only costs us one point.

TO be honest with you, I have to take the dex nodes currently because I don't have anywhere close to the points necessary to get all 3 of those attack speed nodes, and also because, unfortunately, I personally have to grab the 6% all elemental resist node just to be able to have capped resists without purity. If you look at my items, you realize just how ridiculously difficult resists are to get, but since most people won't be running my exact items, I suppose the strength side wouldn't be as bad.

Do note though that str is not the most useful stat for this build, because it increases your HP, which makes blood rage do more damage than you, and the %increased damage isn't actually incredibly noticeable with just 50 str. On a personal preference sort of thing, I prefer accuracy and ev %
"
drunkenzeus wrote:
I was wondering what the strongest build in this game was, and finally found it. GOD DAMN. You understand the game perfectly like no one else, although your gear is very expensive, especially your amulet being specific for this build. I'm just WOW at this moment. I can clearly see that this build is the ultimate end game (expensive) build. I have some requests for this amazing build.
1. I would appreciate you elaborating on this build step by step, including what gear you used leveling up + suggestions for people who can't afford the most expensive parts of your gear, like items over 15 ex or so.
2. I don't see your chest armour here but I would love to see what mods your chest has.

I think the overall strongest build "archetypes" in the game are ES crit dagger, and max block. With those two archetypes, you can create builds for your own purpose (a lot of people like going flicker strike builds with 200k+ dps).

To level up with the build, all I used was a tabula rasa and whatever unique 2H sword was the easiest for me to get. I actually started off with a 2h HP scion build like most people, adn then switched to ES/Vaal Pact/Ghost Reaver once I was high enough level to wear all my items (this will be at around level 67-69).

I'm using a shavronne's for the low-life bonus along with pain attunement. Running discipline + hatred + grace is just too good to pass up.
I have a max block evasion melee character, but now I am trying this build and it is fun to play. I took out LMP and I have the spectral throw skin so you can see that the area for a single spectral blade is larger than you think and sufficient for AOE damage if you have high enough DPS. It involves more kiting and lining up angles though. I need to get more ES on my gear and start treking down to Vaal Pact because sometimes reflect kills me pretty easily.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 30, 2013, 2:39:14 PM
Thanks for your reply. Would you add a skill tree progression for every 10 points or so for this build please? And why do you use LMP instead of GMP?
Last edited by drunkenzeus on Nov 30, 2013, 5:19:02 PM
Hmm ok yeah, I understand now how your resists are so amazingly low as I calculated it myself..
I'm using a HP build, but I basically have all my resists on Helm / Amulet / 1 Ring alone

Spoiler
IGN:
Torment = No_Lightning
Nemesis = ImaGoPewPewPew
Standard = Agieru
Hmm ok yeah, I understand now how your resists are so amazingly low as I calculated it myself..
I'm using a HP build, but I basically have all my resists on Helm / Amulet / 1 Ring alone

Spoiler

I understand how you don't want to give up that Amulet, from the 25% damage off Crown, but what about that huge fire resistance ring you got? Do you also need it for the Chaos res (and possibly damage) because I'm sure you can give up Dream Frags (if you're not completely dependant on the Mana) and grab ALL 12/16 (28) + 2 40%+ rings considering your wealth, that'll be 68/68/28 res for each ring :/ I'm only Lv77~ but every cold map I've done with 77% cold resist has been a breeze, and I only have 7K DPS LMP Spectral Throw
IGN:
Torment = No_Lightning
Nemesis = ImaGoPewPewPew
Standard = Agieru

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info