Dan's Scion

I think its hilarious that a person can not create a build for a character that obviously took a lot of effort to compile with a lot of written content and explanations about the build etc (not just a link of the gear and passive tree which would be gloating) gets so much HATE, PURELY because the gear that he has is EXPENSIVE. He is trying to show off the absolute limit of spectral throw in the current meta, and although I personally can not afford to do this build (I doubt I am the only one), I find it a really interesting build to see and read about, and am really glad he posted this.

Don't let people's anger which is fueled by jealousy and envy dishearten you and ruin this build thread Dan.
ign: flumie
/357218 -- Store
/1195032 -- <ZZZ> Sleepless Guild Thread -- 90+ AUS players in STD recruiting!
"
biggerboom wrote:
One thing to note about maps in general is that regardless of how strong your character is, there are a couple that are hard with certain mods - no matter what -

These maps include:

Academy
Residence
Temple
Palace
Torture Chamber
Crematorium

On these maps, if you have -max resists, the likelihood of you dying is ridiculously high unless you're running with 10k + ES (WITH enough life leech to back it up). With the build, Academy, Residence, Palace, and Torture Chamber are easily do-able, even on -max resists, but because of a lack of spell block, temple piety on -max resists and crematorium on -max resists is hard to do safely. Piety can be done if you're lucky because you pretty much kill her in 4-5 seconds, but the crematorium boss on -max resists is a very.. luck based proposition. You'd need a good setup of ruby flasks with surgeon's to be able to that her on in a -max resist map.

Pain Attunement gives me 30% MORE damage. Currently, it's giving me about 8-9k tooltip dps.

Ok thanks man. I understand those maps are hard but would be great to see build in action on some high level map play.

One of the key advantages of Spectral Throw (i.e. over Reave) is that it is a RANGED attack - it is so easy to kite bosses like Dominus, Courtyard bosses, Mageara etc without having to get into melee range which can be deadly unless you have a very very defensive build.
Oh my god, that video...
IGN: Swagstika, Damagement and Floating_Nipples
Alt account's IGN is Copypizza
"
ballsonfire wrote:
I did the same with reave a few days back, http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/644479 , and i have a few comments.
First of all reave dps would be much higher especially with that dagger and shield. I have just rerouted my build a little, and sit at 50 k dps without power charges, and 5.5 k es at lvl 79, still have 6 es nides ahead of me. When i try some low es high spelldmg shield it goes up by 5-7 k i think. Anyway ..

I watche d your video and posting defensive stats with granatine flask is a little misleading, in your video you have 6k armour. It makes a difference in reflect maps especially.
I can upkeep flask charges easy enough with high crit chance too, but that is not the point. It makes it all the more clunky to play if you have to rely on that imho.

Spectral throw has greater range then reave and sure is safer, but given how our gear is extremely similar in most ways i just do not see how reflect is not a problem at all, especially since you seem to rely more on crit spikes then i do ( i run concentrated effect+incresed aoe for more comsistent dps)

I have not been able to tell fromyour video, but i for example had to invest a few nodes in reduced mana reservation to run clarity on blood, because otherwise i had trouble with keeping up mana pool. Even though leech is doing more then enough, alot of time you desync into hitting mobs which are already dead, so you waste mana for nothing and have 0 befor moving to next mob. Also with 2 auras on mana it helps to have more mana readily available for use, i feel much better with a bigger mana buffer for now. Potion is another option i guess. I wonder if you have any observations regarding mana.

Spectra throw vs reave, you probably have a point, but reave is just as safe in most situations (fir vaal i can hild shift i think), except for ones where ST has a hard time too. Mult proj -res extra damge, whatever mean modes you can think of, Piety will still destroy anyone before you even see her.
My personal preference is with reave bacause it has much higher dps, simple as that, and it has a huge single target advantage too if you swap increased aoe for crit mult, and if you swap conc effect with crit mult and keep increased aoe you get insane area range, and i have same es, more armour.

Edit: i just watched your vid again, you seem to rely on mana flask, i dont. Your mana pool is too small for slow regen maps imho too, like i mentioned i had to up it just for that, and since you are looking for consistency, i am 100 sure no regen or slow regen maps are an issue unless you dprop an aura. It seems insignificant when facerolling dominus, but makes a huge difference in maps.

It actually doesn't make a difference. I don't actually need a mana potion on no-regen maps, and only run it so that I can spam whirling blades all over the place in a low-regen map without having to worry. Almost any mana build that isn't EB or stacks mana regen uses mana potions for half-regen maps because that's just how half regen maps work. They're do-able, and like i said, I've done dominus on residence 74 and palace 78 on half-regen, no-regen, reflect, etc.

And I don't one-shot myself with reflect. What I do is simply put in a life leech gem into the added fire gem slot, and my tooltip dps becomes 34k. Then, I proceed to kill everything in the game as if there was no reflect there in the first place. Note that I generally use immortal call + enduring cry on cast when damage taken, so I only get a reflect hit once every 0.6 seconds, but I'm also healing to full after every hit regardles of whether it's a reflect mob or not. My top-end dps isn't capable of killing me, but it would easily kill me if I was running reave because I would have a total DPS of about 400k.
Last edited by biggerboom on Nov 26, 2013, 2:38:49 PM
I'm going to roll a -max resist, physical reflect, and ele-reflect map and run it just to show you guys how this build performs. :P
"
biggerboom wrote:
I'm going to roll a -max resist, physical reflect, and ele-reflect map and run it just to show you guys how this build performs. :P

plz do.
you are a little inconsistent though, because first you implied that this build is suitable for any scenario but now you corrected it by saying lifeleec gem should be used on reflect. same can be done with reave and you would have more dps still.

also not sure about 400k dps on reave. according to my calculations 100k is roughly what i would have at lvl 80 with your weapon, but 400k.. dunno about that.

still do not see ST as a clear winner here though if you have to do the same thigs you would do with reave and trade dps for range. increased AOE reave will have less range but bigger coverage and more dps.

would really love to see the video.

especially phys reflect and no regen - res or something like that

and as a small comment, your mana pool is so small that you probably hit 0 very often and hence have small lags in your attacks you cant notice visually, but it is there and it momentarily prevents you from attacking. this is why u need a bigger mana buffer imho.

edit: i checked again your video, when you kill dom you cant sustain your mana without potions at all and it drops to 0 right away. fact. basically what that means is your tooltip dps is reduced by whatever lag there is between your attacks because you dont have enough mana. and that is not even a low regen map. this is a cost of having a high AS attack.
Last edited by ballsonfire on Nov 26, 2013, 3:08:02 PM
My mana drops to 0 If I don't hit anything and attack the hair. As long as I'm hitting something, I can sustain my mana indefinitely, unless it's on a no-regen map. :]

"
biggerboom wrote:
My mana drops to 0 If I don't hit anything and attack the hair. As long as I'm hitting something, I can sustain my mana indefinitely, unless it's on a no-regen map. :]

it does, in your very video when you find dominus second stage you can clearly see that even though you use flask.
thing is you have the impression it does not, because the skill still works once it you get itt back up. think of it as a slmall lag you can barely notice, but especially at very high att per second it actualy diminishes your effective dps. for example lets say you do 10 att per second, but when your mana drops to 0 you have like 0.05 second downtime between it being available again, what it means you do less att per second, but because it is so fast you dont notice it. so it would be like losing 25% dps! manging mana is very important in poe, tooltip is not everything.
would you notice driving 200 km/h or 220 without looking at the speed? probably not (if you say you do, then say a plane flying 600 or 800 groundspeed)

LOL. Had a residence map lying around, and rolled it only to get 300 latency and desync before I could kill double dominus on physical reflect and half regen map. XD
think my favorite part about this thread is how godawful op's skill tree is. i count 26 wasted nodes and so many more that are just poor choices in general, it is honestly hard to understand how this dude even got those items with such a complete lack of intelligence when it comes to skill trees.

edit: fixed your shit. if you do get higher than 91 for some reason, the remaining nodes should be 8% proj dmg, unless you feel like going for heartseeker on the bottom right.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YFfQ5IEZYVIBa_GNsc3CFgKLUppSo4Kk0s4SzpL287KDvhPydAoEZxRwZKyE4qVupbr1yKX2pgQ2NDbRluPXBScFZwu3Txe9d-WX_GgwmH24hCjoqP-pAbkyeZmpoTnaOeuaZ_pyusZrGztAy1SLb3wFHBxcHzwuzDbdh22RPb1N0N4vfjhOtj7BjtQe9O8uHz6vyrgh6nNBEv8pebXaiaWlIIZyyFWhqIazY9pcsM8gW1jb9RRz7Pveb5YxXw51TVACT9TGAEsZVmMHx_K9aKBfmXBsSiu-P-uoUy
Last edited by xenogfan43 on Nov 27, 2013, 5:56:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info