Dan's Scion

"
xenogfan43 wrote:
think my favorite part about this thread is how godawful op's skill tree is. i count 26 wasted nodes and so many more that are just poor choices in general, it is honestly hard to understand how this dude even got those items with such a complete lack of intelligence when it comes to skill trees.

edit: fixed your shit. if you do get higher than 91 for some reason, the remaining nodes should be 8% proj dmg, unless you feel like going for heartseeker on the bottom right.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YFfQ5IEZYVIBa_GNsc3CFgKLUppSo4Kk0s4SzpL287KDvhPydAoEZxRwZKyE4qVupbr1yKX2pgQ2NDbRluPXBScFZwu3Txe9d-WX_GgwmH24hCjoqP-pAbkyeZmpoTnaOeuaZ_pyusZrGztAy1SLb3wFHBxcHzwuzDbdh22RPb1N0N4vfjhOtj7BjtQe9O8uHz6vyrgh6nNBEv8pebXaiaWlIIZyyFWhqIazY9pcsM8gW1jb9RRz7Pveb5YxXw51TVACT9TGAEsZVmMHx_K9aKBfmXBsSiu-P-uoUy

I go through the resistance nodes instead of taking projectile damage because I personally need those - I'm using so many uniques that don't give resistences that it is quite simply impossible for me, or anyone who wants to run the best dps items to cap resistances without purity unless I get those 3 nodes.

Not getting unwavering stance is incredibly stupid.
YOU DO NOT have the mana for mind over matter.
You get heart of Oak. Why would you get heart of oak? Health regen makes no difference to us.
Mind drinker is useless with my current items.
You have almost NO energy shield nodes. You want to have 4k ES instead of 6k? Okay...
Ondar's guile is only good if you're gonna have the evasion for it. This build won't get you the evasion you need - only about 3-4k with grace, and only if you have BOTH ev/ES node packs, not just one. You honestly just created a build that has no survivability, and less damage than the build I originally had.

I also hate to be rude, but omg, how fucking dumb do you have to be to get ondar's guile AND get iron reflexes?

You realize your evasion is basically 0 from that right?
Troll more please.
Last edited by biggerboom on Nov 27, 2013, 11:20:47 AM
"
ballsonfire wrote:
"
biggerboom wrote:
I'm going to roll a -max resist, physical reflect, and ele-reflect map and run it just to show you guys how this build performs. :P

plz do.
you are a little inconsistent though, because first you implied that this build is suitable for any scenario but now you corrected it by saying lifeleec gem should be used on reflect. same can be done with reave and you would have more dps still.

also not sure about 400k dps on reave. according to my calculations 100k is roughly what i would have at lvl 80 with your weapon, but 400k.. dunno about that.

still do not see ST as a clear winner here though if you have to do the same thigs you would do with reave and trade dps for range. increased AOE reave will have less range but bigger coverage and more dps.

would really love to see the video.

especially phys reflect and no regen - res or something like that

and as a small comment, your mana pool is so small that you probably hit 0 very often and hence have small lags in your attacks you cant notice visually, but it is there and it momentarily prevents you from attacking. this is why u need a bigger mana buffer imho.

edit: i checked again your video, when you kill dom you cant sustain your mana without potions at all and it drops to 0 right away. fact. basically what that means is your tooltip dps is reduced by whatever lag there is between your attacks because you dont have enough mana. and that is not even a low regen map. this is a cost of having a high AS attack.

Increased AOE reave is still a melee skill. Does not mean that you're gonna be hitting things from afar - you still have to attack something in melee range first for the AOE to eventually get to a large enough range.
I'm new here.. my I ask, why spell damage on gears when you are using only ST as dps skill?
Look at the helmet, and you'll realize why ;]
sup uber_dan check out my video

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/656722

lvl 78 map vs dom
"
biggerboom wrote:
Look at the helmet, and you'll realize why ;]

Oh now i see why. How much does that helmet cost anyway?
"
sherkhan wrote:
Amusing.

I'm doing crit dagger spectral in domination with shit for gear relative to your stuff, but am doing 20k dps solo, and about 25k if someone's running anger. Probably close to 30 if I get haste and leer cast in the group.

I thought about posting it, despite the stupid feedback I got on my OP low-life lightning strike (look momma, no Shavs!). And after reading the idiots who responded here, I'm pretty sure I never will.

Contact me in game if you want to trade notes. I'm pretty sure I can help you improve your build.

Teaser - run hatred + wrath, wear berek's grip instead of dream frags, forget about armor and unwavering stance.

Ign:desperascion.

The moment you say forget about armor and unwavering stance, automatically it gives me a feeling of insecurity :p.
Of course, there's always dodge.. but that would mean a life based build, which this is not. Personally, I think grace is just too nice to give up; anger is not worth it on a build that scales mainly physical (although, I realize that with crit it would add around 3000-4000 total dps to me).
There is no situation in which I would consider 4-5k more dps more important than 1-1.5k ES, when I have 40k dps already.

You have to realize that past a certain point, DPS is unnecessary. The only thing that matters is how tanky you can be, and how many different scenarios you can survive. As an evasion build, anything that gets past evasion deals enough damage to make you cry, and with less than 5k ES, you'd have a very, very shitty time facing 78 dominus on a -max resistance map, for example.
Last edited by biggerboom on Nov 28, 2013, 11:34:15 AM
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
biggerboom wrote:
There is no situation in which I would consider 4-5k more dps more important than 1-1.5k ES, when I have 40k dps already.

You have to realize that past a certain point, DPS is unnecessary. The only thing that matters is how tanky you can be, and how many different scenarios you can survive. As an evasion build, anything that gets past evasion deals enough damage to make you cry, and with less than 5k ES, you'd have a very, very shitty time facing 78 dominus on a -max resistance map, for example.

You're gearing your build towards having ridiculous OP gear. Your choices are not ones 99% of players will be making.

I'll just write up my own build after all. You and the other Kolp mirror aren't that helpful for all the questions I've been getting.

Well for the sake of research, I actually went ahead and spent 4 exalts on re-speccing my build into an evasion-based scion crit dagger. One thing I can say for certain is this: The build is only better vs. projectile damage, and maybe PvP.

The main reason for this is simply: there are too many resistances lost, and unwavering stance is too good of a skill.
Here's a new video of me fighting dominus on a -max resistances, elemental reflect map with half regen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCoAtbm5jYM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info