Dan's Scion

The utility brought by dream fragments is hard to replace by any other ring. I am in fact currently maxed out on resistances though except on maps where there's ele weakness, for which I switch to purity and then from purity +1 endurance charge, I have max resistances in ele weakness.

My current fire res ring is more than sufficient for my needs. You start to realize after you get to where I am that in terms of itemizations, you're always giving up something for something more; there are no real direct upgrades available for me anymore. Even a mirror-worthy belt, for example, would give me slightly more dps and resists, but would make me lose energy shield and mana, and so I wouldn't make that change.

The only real way, now, for me to gain any more strength as a character is for me to get to level up as a character. The items are going to stay relatively static unless I want to invest into some mana nodes, in which case I could replace dream fragments.
Last edited by biggerboom on Nov 30, 2013, 10:52:06 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
I have a max block evasion melee character, but now I am trying this build and it is fun to play. I took out LMP and I have the spectral throw skin so you can see that the area for a single spectral blade is larger than you think and sufficient for AOE damage if you have high enough DPS. It involves more kiting and lining up angles though. I need to get more ES on my gear and start treking down to Vaal Pact because sometimes reflect kills me pretty easily.

You'll find if you ever reach 20k+ LMP tooltip dps on spectral throw, that it's sufficient for almost all your needs, and doesn't need to be swapped out. As an ability, spectral throw has one of the worst scaling in the game because it can't use the "more melee damage" gem. That being said, if I were to take LMP away from one of my links, there isn't much I can replace it with in order to increase damage. Added lightning, added cold, and life leech are the only ones that really come to mind. Maybe additional critical strike chance could work too, since that would give me 15% critical strike chance and would cap be at 100% critical strike chance. But it would be pointless. I clear so insanely fast already that if I were to take away LMP, i would be hindered by the fact that I can't hit the entire room at the same time.
I think you missed my comment, but I am actually starting a character following your build. But, I was wondering if you could specify what nodes I should prioritize before getting others while I am leveling up.
"
drunkenzeus wrote:
I think you missed my comment, but I am actually starting a character following your build. But, I was wondering if you could specify what nodes I should prioritize before getting others while I am leveling up.

As with most builds like mine, you cannot really start off with being energy-shield based because hP is just better until much later on. I would suggest searching up a strong 2H sword build on these forums until level 67 (you can get there so fast), and then simply respeccing.

Example 75-point build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDlgUtBu4Q8BUgGNshYCi1KaUqOCzpMZ4yCTJ-NDU1kjboOlI7KECgSn1KyE3jTipWBFb6WK9aUluvYENgS2CIYVJjF2egbBZsRm49bqpybHTtdPF4DXrvfPWDCYPbhmCHdojxiiKXcJtdnrmfy6ZXqJqpbqxZr6K18sCmwPPBB85x1FLXft0N707yl_xL_MX-jw==

The way I see it, any build is feasible to get to the switch-over point for Low-life/CI as long as you can viably get to level 63-70 or so with it.

If you really did not want to switch over to my build AFTER leveling up with a good leveling build, then you'd... not be in luck, because my build is quite crappy on defense until you get to the ES nodes ALLLLLL the way to the top-right of the tree, which is so far away for anyone to get to while leveling. Scion is much much closer to the hp nodes at the start, and that's where you honestly should focus your efforts until you have the ES gear and the skill points to reach all the way to both Vaal Pact AND ghost reaver (see how big that difference is? You can't get ghost reaver and vaal pact fast enough together for you to be able to sustain ES).

New video added

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqMGtTErJ5s
Why aren't u taking the spell crit nodes, they are very close by and they should work?
Last edited by Hardstyle on Dec 1, 2013, 6:31:52 AM
"
Hardstyle wrote:
Why aren't u taking the spell crit nodes, they are very close by and they should work?

Because spell crit nodes do not apply to physical damage :]
Remember that this is a pure physical build- there are no spells involved.
You should try speccing out of iron grip and unwavering stance. Between ST range, block and frost wall there's not much room for getting stunned. I used to take US but never regret speccing out of it. More damage and ES.
I leveled up a scion with similar setup, only mine is full MF, but wasn't satisfied. Shadow does much better.

Spoiler
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Dec 1, 2013, 2:51:16 PM
Unwavering stance is a preference thing. When your main goal is being able to handle -any- situation, I would much rather have stun immunity than not have stun immunity. :]
so can i just say. You claiming that this is the best spectral throw build in the game and bla bla in your guide like what 5-6 times? First of all when making a guide, it would be enough if you said it once, saying it a billion times just gets noobs overexcited. Secondly, with your gear, that spectral throw dmg is actually very low. With your dagger, most other melee attacks with the usual support gems and crit-crit multi skill tree nodes would be hitting 200k+ area, so nothing special there either. Your build in itself, is just another one of those show off uber items builds, which lets be honest most people in the game will never be able to have in the first place, unless they spend a LOT of irl cash, a LOT of irl time (i wouldn't even be overestimating if i said 3-4 months of non stop farming every day). So when you say your build in particular is the best build there, what is that even supposed to mean? Is it the most skill tree point efficient build? I don't think so, especially if you take into account the fact that on lower level or average level of gear it simply would not work at all. And you saying that one is ment to level up with 2h weapon till 60-70 using wrong skill-tree nodes is just laughable seriously. Is it the most currency efficient for end game farming? well hell no, that's like driving a lamborgini for grocery shopping. Sure it works great but the whole point of farming maps and bosses is to get to the point at which you are. There are tens of other scion builds out there with which people have achieved higher exp/hr item/hr gains than it would appear you have, with zero currency. So you know, when you say several times over that your build is the best, there's really nothing else to do other than sigh again at some currency buyer being proud of what he was able to come up with. I mean seriously dude, lets be honest, there are hundreds of builds out there that would work incredibly well with your gear, simply because of the stats on this gear. And also, basing your survival on mobility and being able to use whirling blades (aka desync-king) out of tight situations is just begging to loose lots and lots of exp. And also I would like to add that your current tank is nowhere near enough, there is no way in hell you would be able to survive let alone solo bosses longer than 2 seconds on 77-78 maps with increased projectiles numbers or -resist%, even if you spend the whole time whirling around. Imho, incredibly cost/time inefficient build.

PS do you know how i know you'r a currency buying noob yourself? It's simple, you'r wearing a ring because you'r scared of being frozen, yet you appear to not realise there's a magical affix you can roll on flasks which dispells status ailments such as freeze/ignite/shock. Which any person claiming to have come up with "best" build would have known of and used months before he started typing out his gibberish.
Last edited by Ashkatar on Dec 1, 2013, 3:51:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info