0.9.13l and k patches and new trade chat

The reason that chat is empty is because the difficulties were mixed and everyone turned it off. Merci gear is useless to a normal player and vice versa, same for global chat and mechanics questions. It's like holding a Weight Watchers and Alcoholics Anonymous meeting in the same room with the same group of people.
"
DeathDiciple wrote:

+1 omg 1000 times this ^ is it that hard to split based on difficulty level before splitting based on number of players in said difficulty level? <snip>

Mixing difficulties is a horrible idea, I imagine you have backend reasons why its easier for you to implement but... it will literally force everyone at higher levels to turn it off. <snip>

Now I won't cry doom cause in the end I don't know how will it develop, but I sure hope you guys can find a better option - as you did many times before

<snip>

- this has the potential to destroy any sense of community in-game. I imagine at the end of the day custom channels will be a way to go but still... Mixing difficulties = transforming global into help/troll channel, nothing more.

One of the things I like best about POE is the way GGG approaches and fixes problems.

I heartily agree that the trolling//spamming will be annoying and hope that GGG implements a more robust ignore function (with ability to temp add people for a session and remove them from list.

I disagree on the part of separating new players (which will start out as low level players) from the more experienced by difficulty level.

I understand and sympathize that not everyone wants to hear the same questions or answer them over and over and over and over. However, one of the great things about POE is the community of players. If it weren't for the help and answers I received in game from veterans, I probably would have given up on the game. The complexities of the game that make it interesting and challenging at higher levels can be daunting.

You mentioned something in your closing sentence that I think GGG could run with as a possible solution: "help/troll channel".

I don't know how much resources or programming time would be involved, but what if POE had a

HELP CHANNEL

just like it does a trade channel?

Use the " ? " instead of " $ " sign for prefixing.

Benefits:

* Weary veterans could ignore the help channel.

* Experienced POE players could unignore the help channel when they wanted and answer questions and then close it back up when they just wanted to get back to gaming or whatever.

* New POE players would have a dedicated place where their questions had a decent shot at being answered.

* It would build a sense of community in the new POE players and perhaps encourage many of them to give back and help other players with their knowledge.

Anyhow, that's my suggestion. I'm looking forward to all the new enthusiatic players, the more plentiful public games and the greater potential for finding others willing to duel/PVP.

I'm not looking forward to the deluge in chat - but I'm hopeful GGG will find a way where it can turn into a good thing instead of another Eternal September.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
15 days left!
I love the idea of a "Help Channel"! Good thinking, DalaiLama!
Partial patch note :( where are you???
Trading system in this game sucks... spam trade channel all day by gazillion players, that's how trading works...? How about personal shops or auction house? Any potential MMORPG has one of the two, come on GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info