0.9.13l and k patches and new trade chat

Really enjoying the split chat and can't wait to see the patch notes for open beta.
"
Chris wrote:
"
Crossflip wrote:
Why can't I quote the devs anymore? I'm confused about empty instances being kept busy and numbers getting numbered... Chris, are you all right?

I'll rephrase it more simply:

We have changed the global chats so that they hold 30% more players than they did before this evening. We also fixed a problem that was suppressing the number of players in those chats. The result is that they will have more players in them, which helps address complaints of it feeling like a ghost town. It can go up to around 1000 players per chat.

Does that 1,000 include players who have global and/or trade chat hidden?
*insert fanboy glee*

Also, can we please pretty please get some more micro-transaction previews before the big day? Especially if you have some that changes/modifies the look of our toons?. And pets too. Any chance for a kiwi with teeth ? Maybe mine wouldn't run away so much if it had teeth.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
I'm not entirely sure how this new chat thing works.

If I understand it right, there's a global chat which goes across all difficulties, when this gets full up with players (1000 or so) a new global chat is created for additional players. So when the game gets busy and we have over 1000 players in default I could end up in a chat where I am in merciless & I can see a bunch of normal players trolling, talking about D3 incessantly and forming groups to play in normal but I might not be able to see some merciless players talking about stuff I actually give a shit about because they are in a different chat?

If that's the case I'd prefer the old system.

I'd have to agree with you I preferred the old chat where you would see the same people day in day out, due to being in the same difficulty level as them. Instead of making it more fragmented I think it would be better to just have more chat instances for each difficulty.

With the new system I find that I'm seeing a lot more people trolling and such.
"
moomaaru wrote:

also if there are 1010 player online ... could i end up in "global" chat talking to 9 other people...or worst case only to myself?

global chat suddenly doesn't feel so global anymore...

I would hope that once the first chat goes beyond 1000 players, the new chat channel takes an equal ratio of players from the player pool, so that there would be 501 players in chat 1, and 500 players in chat 2. Once the 1000 player limit is reached again in both channels, a third is added, and numbers again are equalized across the three channels. Otherwise, you are going to have some pretty dead chat channels.
Last edited by Adhesive33 on Jan 5, 2013, 3:54:33 PM
"
hulhutvlad wrote:
Or are you planning a forum trade panel that is that great for trading that people will mainly ignore the ingame trading system???

I'll answer this one for the guys.

Yes GGG have stated from the outset that the current trading window and things are a stop gap to appease players until the full system is implemented. The full trading system will mean that players can trade through the forums without the need to be online together.

I think we can all agree that will absolutely amazing!
IGN: Amel, Ameladol, Spock, ILoveUniqueThings, AmelPVP
"
Adhesive33 wrote:
Spoiler
"
moomaaru wrote:

also if there are 1010 player online ... could i end up in "global" chat talking to 9 other people...or worst case only to myself?

global chat suddenly doesn't feel so global anymore...

I would hope that once the first chat goes beyond 1000 players, the new chat channel takes an equal ratio of players from the player pool, so that there would be 501 players in chat 1, and 500 players in chat 2. Once the 1000 player limit is reached again in both channels, a third is added, and numbers again are equalized across the three channels. Otherwise, you are going to have some pretty dead chat channels.

I hope this is the case, otherwise it wouldn't make much sense^^
<3ggg
nice. cant wait to see the act 3 content.
i dont think this will reduce the WTT spam.

like in d3 and all other games.

it worked only in gw1 because arenanet was banning people for massive trade spams.
so, one thing about the whole thing is, no one ever uses local chat. you wont talk to people in your instanced town anyway, and you talk in party chat if needed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info