1.0.1c Patch Notes

Any chance we could see an option in the future to turn off the death global announcement?

I don't have a problem with seeing them during a race, but in the past week or so, I've been seeing them while in DOmination, which is not a hardcore league (don't i know it)
"
Qarl wrote:
This has been delayed until tomorrow (Thursday NZ time) due to issues found at the last minute. Sorry!

Version 1.0.1c
  • Increased the number of top ladder positions that have hardcore deaths announced globally (from 25 to 50).

Nice, any way you guys can add a check box on the website ladder to hide the dead as well?
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Qarl wrote:
This has been delayed until tomorrow (Thursday NZ time) due to issues found at the last minute. Sorry!

Version 1.0.1c
  • The escape menu now has an additional "Exit to Character Selection" button.

Nice. Now all we need is for the character selection screen to remember the League we selected. I'm so sick of logging in to "Show All" and having to pick "Domination" before choosing my character(s)... every freaking time.
Is there a way to disable global announcements except critical ones?

*Player X has died on mundane hardcore race number 371 is not important and I don't want to see it

*Server will shut down in 10 minutes for maintenance is important and I would like to see it
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
"
Zedda wrote:

*Player X has died on mundane hardcore race number 371 is not important and I don't want to see it

*Server will shut down in 10 minutes for maintenance is important and I would like to see it

Speaking of this, while yes I want see server restart/shutdown messages, all the other "yellow" messages... I want to be able to disable them and/or turn them off.

When I'm playing the game I don't care, don't want my screen spammed with...
- who died
- who was first to reach level 52
- who was first to enter Merciless difficulty
- who was first to enter zone xyz
- what race starts in x minutes
- what the daily deal is (this was shown on the character selection screen when I logged in; knowing the deal there is useful and I want to see it; spam in-game... no)

When I see something in "yellow" I want it to be important, something I need to read, not something that diverts my attention long enough to discern its spam... and think "get off my screen"
Last edited by Galtrovan on Nov 20, 2013, 11:51:27 AM
When is the in-game clock coming?
"
Galtrovan wrote:
- what the daily deal is (this was shown on the character selection screen when I logged in; knowing the deal there is useful and I want to see it; spam in-game... no)

Think they only ever done this for the stash tab deals as it's something frequently asked for by players so they wouldn't miss it when it came around.

Think you can survive that once or twice a month...
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Increased the number of top ladder positions that have hardcore deaths announced globally (from 25 to 50).

I like this, sometimes those small changes can be so enjoyable.
#NeverGoing90
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Zedda wrote:

Speaking of this, while yes I want see server restart/shutdown messages, all the other "yellow" messages... I want to be able to disable them and/or turn them off.

- who died

When I see something in "yellow" I want it to be important, something I need to read, not something that diverts my attention long enough to discern its spam... and think "get off my screen"

Presuming you don't race (as you want to turn off warnings for races) I don't see how most of your problems really affect you, except for maybe at the beginning of a new league. Most of us like to know this information. True, it would be nice to option this, but I think there are greater priorities.
Return to this flameless sunder
Where exiles burn and the joyless wander;
Frozen lore beneath chaotic thunder,
Dominus returns to send us under.
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Zedda wrote:

- who died

I agree with most of this. I hate all the dumb messages during races. Unless it's one of the "first player to do" items (e.g. clear the Fetid Pool), I don't really want to see it. First player to reach a level and top 10 deaths are cool though.

Options are good so that those that want to see the stuff can, and those that don't, don't.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info