1.0.1c Patch Notes

"
Qarl wrote:

The escape menu now has an additional "Exit to Character Selection" button.

Best part of the patch
"
Galtrovan wrote:

- what the daily deal is (this was shown on the character selection screen when I logged in; knowing the deal there is useful and I want to see it; spam in-game... no)

I would support that only for people who have supported the game previously. If you're freeloading, you deserve the occasional advertisement to support the game.
"
ckay27 wrote:
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Zedda wrote:
Is there a way to disable global announcements except critical ones?

*Player X has died on mundane hardcore race number 371 is not important and I don't want to see it

*Server will shut down in 10 minutes for maintenance is important and I would like to see it

Speaking of this, while yes I want see server restart/shutdown messages, all the other "yellow" messages... I want to be able to disable them and/or turn them off.

When I'm playing the game I don't care, don't want my screen spammed with...
- who died
- who was first to reach level 52
- who was first to enter Merciless difficulty
- who was first to enter zone xyz
- what race starts in x minutes
- what the daily deal is (this was shown on the character selection screen when I logged in; knowing the deal there is useful and I want to see it; spam in-game... no)

When I see something in "yellow" I want it to be important, something I need to read, not something that diverts my attention long enough to discern its spam... and think "get off my screen"

Presuming you don't race (as you want to turn off warnings for races) I don't see how most of your problems really affect you, except for maybe at the beginning of a new league. Most of us like to know this information. True, it would be nice to option this, but I think there are greater priorities.

I agree with ckay, it would be nice to have the option, but I don't think it's a huge priority.
#NeverGoing90
"
unsmith wrote:
"
Galtrovan wrote:

I would support that only for people who have supported the game previously. If you're freeloading, you deserve the occasional advertisement to support the game.

That's a really good idea, unsmith.
#NeverGoing90
"
unsmith wrote:
"
Galtrovan wrote:

As someone else pointed out, I've only ever seen that for the premium stash bundles. Given how in demand those sales are, I see no harm in GGG sending the message out every hour or so to try to make more money.

I strongly disagree with the idea that messages appear only for some accounts and not others. I really, really appreciate that free or support, the game experience is the same. I supported GGG in no small part because of that. I would hate to see them deviate from that in any way.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Didn't waste much time on ideas in case of disconnect/crash as a map maker, so I write here in hope that someone has some idea that could prevent map maker in getting his map(s) that dropped when he got disconnected/crashed.

Map loses is one of the biggest issues while doing a public party and I really hope it's going to change somehow.
"
unsmith wrote:
"
Galtrovan wrote:

The daily deal can only affect people who support the game, so really they are the only ones who need to see the message. The freeloaders have no mtx points. Am i missing something here?
"
Ebrelle wrote:
"
unsmith wrote:
"
Galtrovan wrote:

The daily deal can only affect people who support the game, so really they are the only ones who need to see the message. The freeloaders have no mtx points. Am i missing something here?

Yes you are missing something, they're trying to incentivize the people that don't pay to support the game. The people that have already supported don't need to be convinced to support, they've already shown they will do so. Plenty of sites have a 'support us to avoid annoying ads' feature (e.g. Pandora, Kongregate).

Personally, I think playing for free is a perfectly valid option for anyone that wants it, and I think referring to free players as "freeloaders" is unnecessarily hostile and derogatory. I play plenty of free games elsewhere, and anytime the people that pay start to get a "we're better than then because we pay" attitude it's time to tell them to fuck right off. I pay here because I really like this game, but also because I am extremely impressed by GGG. That doesn't make me any better than people who don't pay for whatever reason. Let them have a rocking free game that is no different regardless of pay status.

Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
- I'd like to see a confirmation dialog box between clicking on the Delete button and the wow-effect of losing a character I spent a lot of time on. This must be fixed A.S.A.P.

Do something with:
- Chat. It is very easy to miss chat message.
- Friends. Same pretension.
- Expeirence bar. Same with this disguised thin line in the bottom. I have played for about a week wondering why there is no exp bar before someone gave me a clue.
- Let the social panel remember its active bookmark between switching it on and off.

This is what is annoying me alot and makes me get angry. Everything else either well done or not so important.

Thank you in advance.
The escape menu now has an additional "Exit to Character Selection" button. !!

Finally,well done GGG :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info