Reaper of Souls beta stream

It's been long enough, shouldn't we be at a point where we can discuss these different games without antagonizing other Fans like TheAnuhart and DirkAustin are doing?
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Nov 20, 2013, 4:03:49 PM
I'm done with Diablo 3. But good for you exorzist :)
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
"
"
Jim_Fear wrote:
"
D3 hate.

I get you don't like D3. But to your shock and horror, many people do. And to further that shock...you might want to take a seat for this...people play both.

I know, right? There are games other than PoE. Just because you and I commit all our time to PoE, doesn't mean everyone else does. Be a decent person and if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Agreed.

I mean, it STILL looks a lot like the same game I found underwhelming (and yes, I have been checking out some streams) but then again, League of Legends streams are utterly alien to me too.

The point OP missed, as OP is wont to do, is that while I've no doubt this will be a fine and worthy expansion, I don't think it's some sort of revolutionary creation that will change all that many minds.

Of course, when OP calls someone clearly behaving rationally a 'fanboy' but at the same time continues to champion a game in another game's off-topic forum, we can probably dispense with logic and reason.

Exactly my thoughts. Yes, it looks cool and everything. I will play it for sure. Hey, I liked the first playthrough in Diablo 3, fuck me, right? But Diablo 3 was boring after that. I don't care as much for 'endgame'. Yes, I do maps in PoE from time to time. But I like to reroll a lot more than doing maps. This is smoething that Diablo 3 doesn't deliver, even when RoS is out. To me, Diablo 3 is and was an MMORPG disguised as an ARPG and therefore not a game I want to play for an extended period of time.
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
At this point of both games' lives it feels like endless comparisons of Duke Nukem 3D vs Quake. A bit similar games but then not really.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
It's been long enough, shouldn't we be at a point where we can discuss these different games without antagonizing other Fans like TheAnuhart and DirkAustin are doing?

You hypocrite. Antagonizing me while preaching to people not to do so. Shame on you.
"
"
At this point of both games' lives it feels like endless comparisons of Duke Nukem 3D vs Quake. A bit similar games but then not really.

I didn't know about that one. I always thought the dichotomy was between Unreal and Quake. Interesting to see Duke Nukem in the mix. I figure if Quake were Diablo and Unreal PoE (if), then Duke Nukem would be Torchlight. I could explain my reasoning for these parallels, but I'll leave it there.

I do agree with the general sentiment that all three can co-exist, have largely different fanbases and garner entirely more 'compare and contrast' than may be warranted.

Unreal came a bit later and because of ridiculous system requirements (400mhz, nobody had that shit, NOBODY) it was out of the equation. Where I lived people knew Duke and Quake and there was bloody plenty of fanboyism in the gaming communities. Only some time later, when shadow warrior and unreal came do play people realised that these are simply different subgenres. I am waiting patiently when will our community realise that the case of PoE and D3 is similar these days.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

a bit later?
Unreal came almost 2 years later. Where the first clans in gaming history was already created for quake ... thousand and thousand of DM, TDM and CTF matches were already played (i even played with 250ping back then, didnt matter .. netcode was ahead of its time) ... when unreal hit the market, the singleplayer campaign actually was incredible back then. the multiplayer part was meh, imho, mostly because of the stupid weapons and strange strafing mechanics.

quake for me personally, will always be the mother of all competetive shooters .. i played it for almost 8 years and was at one point even semi-pro competing in europe's biggest leagues with my clan ..

but yes, i agree ... the comparison between quake and unreal was insane back then until quake3 came out and literally invented e-sport anew overnight ...
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
Last edited by exorzist on Nov 20, 2013, 6:45:20 PM
Damn, hearing about Thresh winning that ferrari, when death row came to sweden to play against clan9. Bloody hell, them good old times.

inb4 UT4 on the new engine! Bring it on!
Twitch.tv/Nithryok

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info