Reaper of Souls beta stream

You DO get to play the new.. adventure (?) mode without RoS, right? Just not the new act obviously.
"
Asphael wrote:
You DO get to play the new.. adventure (?) mode without RoS, right? Just not the new act obviously.

Why would you even want to play that game? I mean you can play this for free after all and even better, we get Act 4 next year.
"
D3 hate.

I get you don't like D3. But to your shock and horror, many people do. And to further that shock...you might want to take a seat for this...people play both.

I know, right? There are games other than PoE. Just because you and I commit all our time to PoE, doesn't mean everyone else does. Be a decent person and if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
All the things I want to remember are in the places I'd like to forget.
"
"
ManiaCCC wrote:
"
they add random area to the new act. why they did not add this random area to other act ?

because whole endgame is randomly generated already.. while they said they would like to redone all acts for campaign mode, it's not huge priority right now..because..well..everyone will play randomly generated location anyway... Rifts in this case..

However... RoS looks really interesting.

Rifts = maps

User Created Items = $1000 Unique item

No AH/RMAH = No AH to begin with

Why it does matter what Rifts are? It's randomized content..it's all that matter..

"
Why would you even want to play that game? I mean you can play this for free after all and even better, we get Act 4 next year.

I do like PoE...I really do..but..just watching that streams.. I miss fluidity of diablo so much..that combat is so god damn satisfying.. just one reason for myself

"

Probably yes, campaign/adventure mode is complete replacement of current difficulties ..
"
ManiaCCC wrote:

I do like PoE...I really do..but..just watching that streams.. I miss fluidity of diablo so much..that combat is so god damn satisfying.. just one reason for myself

Same here. I also like PoE for what it delivers. But after I have watched RoS I couldn't resist and fire up my D3 HC Paragon Lvl 51 Selffound Char and smashed some monsters myself. The Gameplay, fluid combat etc. in Diablo 3 is just lightyears ahead of Poe's.

When RoS hits the market I will probably play RoS like 80% of my time and when I need a little break I will fire up PoE for a little change.

So in the end I will probably play both games where the focus will be on RoS though.
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
Looks really good indeed, randomized endgame yay. GJelly of beta key :P
It's kind of telling when one gets more from watching someone play D3 than actually playing PoE.

Loot finder with seemingly endless challenges accessible.

Versus

Shopping game with any challenge gated behind means that trivialise it.

Hmmm, tough decision.
Casually casual.

I like the changes they are doing in d3, and will almost sure get the game. It still hurts my hearth how they dumb down and streamlined the character development of the game and few other things, but it looks it will be a nice game now. Nothing ground breaking, but fun to play just for action
I like how they removed the four difficulties (Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno) and made it so each area just scales up as you level up. You don't have to repeat the same story content while leveling up. You can just farm Act 1 or Act 5 all the way to 70.

It's awesome that pretty much every item you find is account bound. No more having to save up currency to just buy the legendary item you want. You can either craft it yourself, or get it as a reward from the different bounties/rifts.
Last edited by zuffcat on Nov 20, 2013, 3:13:52 PM
"
miljan wrote:
I like the changes they are doing in d3, and will almost sure get the game. It still hurts my hearth how they dumb down and streamlined the character development of the game and few other things, but it looks it will be a nice game now. Nothing ground breaking, but fun to play just for action

Character development matters again in d3 as you can allocate points into stats again after leveling up. You can decide wether you want have vitality, main stat, magic find, movement speed or whatever ... so build diversity is being greatly improved compared to D3V
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info