[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

Hey guys,

Im planning on playing a Dagger Reaver at some point of the new league, but with a minor change:

using Volls Protector as a chest + getting 5 power charges + BM gem instead of Added Fire..

Although the sheet dps might be lower , the crits will be more consistent + i wont have to worry about mana issues.

Using Hatred + Grace and no tempest shield (because i dont want to pick aura nodes in the tree, even though i only need 3% reduction with lvl 20 reduced mana to run all three)

The tree should look something like this:
Copy it into the 1.2 offline calc or use poebuilder.com
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe0359dXiu_rpI7hutPeK309fLo4oj9kxgTZKNfQSxMHyVZn8rUUfWinfX51SNv1b6JP0FtRR1_MX_3sLs1CMY22egtMUwcXTxh3bb52Ks3aghYEp9RwadqmyMS3hAoPLh2HY6QgUtY0O5Plb1YEsOSKxm2256713yEZYs4ZfQdO1w1ZAbBx59446KhO-J03BWlS6bg3BSmhPw1VPfKgvb1ElRWNusr_PqhNm1SGVNbmmmfxRSvqftQUd-sbO9gRa_JpVh4lVLjDY=

What do you guys think about it?
While you are up at mind drinker, take the next node to the left (8% increased mana) and the next intelligence one. Then you can drop the 2 x intelligence ones from the top right of the tree.

Better use of points (extra mana never really hurts)

Last edited by l33tsmurf on Aug 19, 2014, 7:44:25 AM
"
DerdoDerdo wrote:
Hey guys,

Im planning on playing a Dagger Reaver at some point of the new league, but with a minor change:

using Volls Protector as a chest + getting 5 power charges + BM gem instead of Added Fire..

Although the sheet dps might be lower , the crits will be more consistent + i wont have to worry about mana issues.

Using Hatred + Grace and no tempest shield (because i dont want to pick aura nodes in the tree, even though i only need 3% reduction with lvl 20 reduced mana to run all three)

The tree should look something like this:
Copy it into the 1.2 offline calc or use poebuilder.com
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe0359dXiu_rpI7hutPeK309fLo4oj9kxgTZKNfQSxMHyVZn8rUUfWinfX51SNv1b6JP0FtRR1_MX_3sLs1CMY22egtMUwcXTxh3bb52Ks3aghYEp9RwadqmyMS3hAoPLh2HY6QgUtY0O5Plb1YEsOSKxm2256713yEZYs4ZfQdO1w1ZAbBx59446KhO-J03BWlS6bg3BSmhPw1VPfKgvb1ElRWNusr_PqhNm1SGVNbmmmfxRSvqftQUd-sbO9gRa_JpVh4lVLjDY=

What do you guys think about it?

Reave was quite mana friendly before, and I assume it will be more so with the patch.
I have no investment in mana what so ever now and sustain it quite easy just with leech - 50% recovery maps are a prob but 1 mana flask solves it. I think a BM gem is simple waste of DPS for no real reason.
2nd, If you were to put PCoC instead of BM u could get the effect of Volls chest and use a a much better chest like lighning coil or belly of the beast (it will be a lot stronger now with more base life and less % lfe on tree) or even some rare pure eva chest. Vols just does not cut it later on. Furthermore with a better chest there will be no reason to use grace freeing mana for tempest and for use with attacks.
Now if you are speaking strictly for leveling in a new league, then your setup is ok up to end of merc, where I would try to do some of the stuff I suggested in the rows above.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
"
missuse wrote:
[...]
no conversion trap and blind reduced from 75% to 50% are really big nerfs to existing pvp counters to this build.

I actually made the experience that this build isn't really that good in PvP. Therefore I always switch Flicker to my 6L and replace FA with Block%Reduction for PvP.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
missuse wrote:
[...]
no conversion trap and blind reduced from 75% to 50% are really big nerfs to existing pvp counters to this build.

I actually made the experience that this build isn't really that good in PvP. Therefore I always switch Flicker to my 6L and replace FA with Block%Reduction for PvP.
\

ye ofc u switch some gems around/ flasks and so on, everyone mildly serious at PVP does so. But in the end its the same build using a bit different gem setups. And hard counters were conversion trap (u loose momentum, spend flasks and so on) and smoke mine. Now bb to both. From 1/4 chance to hit multiplier to 1/2 chance to hit multiplier for blind and no conversion.
"
missuse wrote:

Reave was quite mana friendly before, and I assume it will be more so with the patch.
I have no investment in mana what so ever now and sustain it quite easy just with leech - 50% recovery maps are a prob but 1 mana flask solves it. I think a BM gem is simple waste of DPS for no real reason.
2nd, If you were to put PCoC instead of BM u could get the effect of Volls chest and use a a much better chest like lighning coil or belly of the beast (it will be a lot stronger now with more base life and less % lfe on tree) or even some rare pure eva chest. Vols just does not cut it later on. Furthermore with a better chest there will be no reason to use grace freeing mana for tempest and for use with attacks.
Now if you are speaking strictly for leveling in a new league, then your setup is ok up to end of merc, where I would try to do some of the stuff I suggested in the rows above.

yea I guess youre right, I would still favor PCoC over Added Fire tho

We'll see! A crit reaver is probably not going to be my first char anyways. Firstly I would have to gather some wealth for maligaros, rats nest and a good dagger.

Thanks for the help! :)
@missuse:

I think the crit multi nerf was a rumor:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/post-reply/997660/quote/8470164

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
R33T4RD wrote:
any news as to the 120% base critical multiplier on the taiwan servers?
is this a stealth nerf or is it not going in the patch?
No-one in the office has any idea what you're talking about here, including the guy currently playing on the Taiwan server who has 150% base crit multiplier, as all our files indicate he should have.
I can find no evidence of this ever having been changed, for Taiwan or otherwise. What gave you the impression this was different there?

and maths for Reave AOE if anyone cares:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2dz9ww/changes_to_reave/
Last edited by Syncness on Aug 19, 2014, 10:08:38 AM
"
Syncness wrote:
@missuse:

I think the crit multi nerf was a rumor:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/post-reply/997660/quote/8470164

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
R33T4RD wrote:
any news as to the 120% base critical multiplier on the taiwan servers?
is this a stealth nerf or is it not going in the patch?
No-one in the office has any idea what you're talking about here, including the guy currently playing on the Taiwan server who has 150% base crit multiplier, as all our files indicate he should have.
I can find no evidence of this ever having been changed, for Taiwan or otherwise. What gave you the impression this was different there?

and maths for Reave AOE if anyone cares:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2dz9ww/changes_to_reave/

good, thanks!

my judgement on impact of v1.2 on Oos build is as follows:

heeelll yeeaaaaaaaaaah!

more %phys nodes accessible on tree
2% more block accessible on tree
ondars guile just 2 points of main route (before it was 4)
same or slightly less life (dependent on gearing)
nerf to main PVP counters (blind and conversion trap)
easy access to relatively powerful daggers via master crafting in new leagues (imo good daggers are hardest to come by in onset of new leagues)
reave provides more AoE at several first charges, which where the most important imo.

enjoy
Last edited by missuse on Aug 19, 2014, 11:04:39 AM
"
missuse wrote:
"
Bearbarion wrote:
Thanks, that`s great to hear! Never done a crit build before so wasn`t sure I had everything I needed. Totally agree about the amu, but looks like it`s going to cost a foot and an arm :)

About the manaleech, is the 2% from the tree sufficient?

Also, have you tried Atziri with this build? I imagine it should be very doable.

I would get an eva chest with life, I would replace maligaros with some life attack speed gloves. BM is not needed, 2% mana leech is sufficient. Replace BM with crit dmg. I prefer using crit strikes instead of added fire.

Atziri is quite doable with your gear.

Shit, yeah would have been better with an evasion chest...any idea how I should work around this? can`t afford a new chest as this chest here cost me all my currency.

maybe I should skip acrobatics etc and somehow get IR?....But then all the dex nodes will kind of go to waste I guess...
I've updated the main topic with the build links, hopefully they don't change when it's all updated and I can just get playing :P
IGN: @Oos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info