[1.2.x] Oos' Crit Dagger Capped Block Ranger (Reave / Flicker / Double Strike) Acrobatics or IR

IGN: @Oos
hey oosband I have a few questions, with the 1.2 patch I see that we wont hit max block chance right? 40% from shield and 28% from tree? or I am missing something?
and how did 1.2 affect our dps ? I read that you're hitting only 100k dps when before it was 120k, so 1.2 is a nerf to your build? or did we get something in return for it?
1.2 is deff a nerf for the build (and almost all life or crit builds). Since this build combines life and crit it suffers nerfs to both aspects defense and dps.
This means:
Less life for well geared chars.
more % phys nodes is available, but at best the dps will stay the same coz of base crit multy nerf (150% -> 130%). POE builder dps estimate is not accurate, so I would wait for the patch to make statements. But atm I can say that since the crit multy is nerfed by 13.33% ,which means you would need aprox that much more flat phys dmg to compensate. Before I had 280% phys dmg on tree, so in 1.2 I would need around 325% to compensate multy nerf, I believe, If I keep the same crit chance and attack speed.

block was not capped before either - it was 26% from the tree, now its 28% so that a small gain.

In the end it will still be a great build, just a bit toned down.

Ty Oos, I am unsure how I missed the better pathing, but I am glad someone found it :)
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Aug 18, 2014, 7:18:17 AM
"
kontautas wrote:
hey oosband I have a few questions, with the 1.2 patch I see that we wont hit max block chance right? 40% from shield and 28% from tree? or I am missing something?
and how did 1.2 affect our dps ? I read that you're hitting only 100k dps when before it was 120k, so 1.2 is a nerf to your build? or did we get something in return for it?

missuse answered better, but we'll have to wait and see the real stat changes on the live server. I'd say it's a small nerf but the build is still viable, and maybe even better with lower gear levels (than before).
Before we got 70% block total with Tempest Shield, now I think we have 2% extra so we'll be 72% block. You can cap it with uniques if you really want but 70+ is fine.
Hi again oos and oosfans!

The respec is fast approaching and I finally managed to trade my Coe for a decent 6 link chest so that I could get rid of the good old Bor and free up some slots for more crit focused gear!

Would love to hear your thoughts about this setup :)

Still using a sword atm so disregard the gems, looking to replace the bad ring and amu.
Last edited by Bearbarion on Aug 18, 2014, 1:31:15 PM
"
Bearbarion wrote:
Hi again oos and oosfans!

The respec is fast approaching and I finally managed to trade my Coe for a decent 6 link chest so that I could get rid of the good old Bor and free up some slots for more crit focused gear!

Would love to hear your thoughts about this setup :)

Still using a sword atm so disregard the gems, looking to replace the bad ring and amu.

Ye man nice gear, just change your amulet for something GG but after that you're set. Also test dropping BM gem for a crit gem, you should be able to sustain off mana leech.
Thanks, that`s great to hear! Never done a crit build before so wasn`t sure I had everything I needed. Totally agree about the amu, but looks like it`s going to cost a foot and an arm :)

About the manaleech, is the 2% from the tree sufficient?

Also, have you tried Atziri with this build? I imagine it should be very doable.
"
Bearbarion wrote:
Thanks, that`s great to hear! Never done a crit build before so wasn`t sure I had everything I needed. Totally agree about the amu, but looks like it`s going to cost a foot and an arm :)

About the manaleech, is the 2% from the tree sufficient?

Also, have you tried Atziri with this build? I imagine it should be very doable.

I would get an eva chest with life, I would replace maligaros with some life attack speed gloves. BM is not needed, 2% mana leech is sufficient. Replace BM with crit dmg. I prefer using crit strikes instead of added fire.

Atziri is quite doable with your gear.
Last edited by missuse on Aug 18, 2014, 3:10:47 PM
New changes to Reave seem like a buff. Larger AoE at early stacks, with a slight AoE reduction at max stacks (breakeven at seven stacks).
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
candoerfer wrote:
New changes to Reave seem like a buff. Larger AoE at early stacks, with a slight AoE reduction at max stacks (breakeven at seven stacks).

yea, solid buff for reave

also

no conversion trap and blind reduced from 75% to 50% are really big nerfs to existing pvp counters to this build.

so far no note for mutly nerf (150% -> 130%). If it does not change this build got a huge buff in every aspect at the cost of minor life loss.

also viper strike might be more powerful now in pvp.
Last edited by missuse on Aug 19, 2014, 6:42:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info