A Beginner's Guide to Racing

I think you all forgot but group play still > solo play, and it's just so more apparent in the races.

The top 20 don't even have to compete in solo races to stand on top, and that what the problem is really.

Yes i've played my fair share of races during season 1-3, i wasn't particularly and good, only managed to get top100 solo one race. And for party races i've only done it with another friend because i don't want to pug races with newbs.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
"
ignarsoll wrote:

This, i want to be able to get to the top without waking up for races on us primetime...
"
Pivovar wrote:
I think you all forgot but group play still > solo play, and it's just so more apparent in the races.

The top 20 don't even have to compete in solo races to stand on top, and that what the problem is really.

Yes i've played my fair share of races during season 1-3, i wasn't particularly and good, only managed to get top100 solo one race. And for party races i've only done it with another friend because i don't want to pug races with newbs.

Not gonna happen this season. Majority of races this season are solo races. And I know quite a few players who were in the top 20 last season who almost exclusively play solo (boof, janimauk, etc..).

I solo'd most party races for the majority of last season aswell (except for a few near the end of the season in which I partied).

In short, you are wrong and it doesn't even matter because this season is mainly solo races.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 14, 2013, 5:37:51 AM
Corrections:
"
Chris wrote:
Rogue League: Areas are populated by large numbers of Rogue Exiles.

Each area past the Twilight Strand is populated by one Rogue Exile.

"
Chris wrote:
Cutthroat League: Players may join other instances at will and kill other players outside of town. Slain players drop all of their non-gem equipment when they die.

Slain players drop all of their non-gem, non-flask equipment when they die.

"
Chris wrote:
If you're interested in watching races on Twitch, you can see the Twitch icon next to the name of anyone on the Ladder who is currently streaming. Just click on that icon, and you'll be taken to a live view of the action.

If you're interested in watching races on Twitch, you can see the red Twitch icon next to the name of anyone on the Ladder who is currently streaming. Just click on that icon, and you'll be taken to a live view of the action.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97
Necropolis: 98
Last edited by unsane on Nov 14, 2013, 5:45:47 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
OMG this is a long guide for saying
Dont race because:
-reward suck
- a select group of 20 people always win everything
-schedule is broken
-Desync
-You actully lose allot of farming incomes since they dont want to give us currency rewards back
-Race performances is biased by RNG

OMG this is a long message for saying "i suck at races"
Last edited by Lagoni on Nov 14, 2013, 5:57:11 AM
"
Hassefar60 wrote:
"
tmaciak wrote:
It was very lame to be forced to kill my only HC character to transfer reward to league I play... especially that he survived harshness of race in good health.

"my only HC character" ??

I assume you made a lvl 1 character and let him die with the rewards?

No, it was character left after 1 hour party, so about 22 lvl if I believe. He is 77 lvl now BTW and will be higher, when I will have spare time to respec him.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Guess it's a good thing I haven't been sleeping much. I'd like a few rewards. Don't think I'm good enough to get 1000 points, but I guess I'll try for 220, but I'll settle for 80.

The rewards seem to jump around all over. As someone that never has the currency to craft the white ring is just going to be a vortex sucking away scouring, alchs, and chances when my willpower falters.

Never really liked the race idea, but it's something different than any other ARPG. Thanks for working on them. Maybe I'll have fun, who knows?
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
OMG this is a long guide for saying
Dont race because:
-reward suck
- a select group of 20 people always win everything
-schedule is broken
-Desync
-You actully lose allot of farming incomes since they dont want to give us currency rewards back
-Race performances is biased by RNG

This +1000 no one wants your shitty alt art uniques
S L O W E R
Why do these races favour the US timezone more? Do i really need to have a lack of sleep if i want to compete?

How about making seperate ones so that it's fair and that players from Europe can actually invest some time in playing them.

So far they start in the late evening for us and go on till the morning. yes, seems very fair.
Good job Chris, was a good reading

Again, I don't get the point of most posts in this topic.

In the 90's when I grew up, if you didn't like Metallica, you just didn't listen to them.
Nowadays kids go post QQ and hate on every single article they can find about the band just to tell others how much they hate them.

Must be a real pain for those at GGG to read all that shit after putting so much effort in what they do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info