"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Dont race because:
-reward suck

Wait, wait... WAIT!
What?

The rewards suck?

Did you even look at the rewards?

A perfect Stormcloud for 14 points sucks? Are you kidding me?
You can level with this bow up until like lvl 50... for participating in like 5 races that is decent imo.

Gifts from Above for 80 points sucks? A ring that most ppl cannot obtain sucks as a reward?

Divination Distillate for 135 points... MF flask after MF got nerfed (or at least ppl say it was)? That sucks you say?

Le Heup of All, Perandus Signet, Auxium? All suck?

I mean, you get points for just participating. It is not like "win or do not get anything", you can win by lossing constantly, so what exactly sucks about that?

Please, enlighten me...

best regards

/edit:

My only question:

What is with PvP tournaments?
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
Last edited by Azdrubel on Nov 14, 2013, 6:25:16 AM
"
ignarsoll wrote:

This. I love this game and what you guys at GGG are doing with it, simply amazing. Haven't checked the schedule for this season properly yet, but last season it was really hard to participate in the Cutthroats and Descents since they were never in the European evenings. I hope this will be more evenly distributed this time around :) is the base of the racers located in North America?

Another point I want to make (sorry if it has been brought up already, but I haven't read all comments yet) is that last season, pretty much all longer races weren't worthwhile, unless you are really hardcore - you had an 8 hour race having the same point brackets as a 1 hour race, hehe.

Edit: oh dear... during first weekend, the one Descent and the one Cutthroat are both 7am for euro guys :(
Last edited by epp_ on Nov 14, 2013, 6:29:55 AM
"
ignarsoll wrote:

+1

I am working during the day and most races are on daytime for Europe, i am really not plaesed with that.

Some races have to be shifted to night time, bit unfair for those that have to make a living compared to those that do jack all and can race all day.
"
ampdecay wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
OMG this is a long guide for saying
Dont race because:
-reward suck
- a select group of 20 people always win everything
-schedule is broken
-Desync
-You actully lose allot of farming incomes since they dont want to give us currency rewards back
-Race performances is biased by RNG

This +1000 no one wants your shitty alt art uniques

Except that 1k point rewards go for mirrors and alt art demis for 20+ Ex. Hell, people even offered me up to 17 ex for my regular Demis.

In other words, how about you inform yourself before making nonsensical statements?

Have a great day.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
Azdrubel wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Dont race because:
-reward suck

Wait, wait... WAIT!
What?

The rewards suck?

Did you even look at the rewards?

A perfect Stormcloud for 14 points sucks? Are you kidding me?
You can level with this bow up until like lvl 50... for participating in like 5 races that is decent imo.

Gifts from Above for 80 points sucks? A ring that most ppl cannot obtain sucks as a reward?

Divination Distillate for 135 points... MF flask after MF got nerfed (or at least ppl say it was)? That sucks you say?

Le Heup of All, Perandus Signet, Auxium? All suck?

I mean, you get points for just participating. It is not like "win or do not get anything", you can win by lossing constantly, so what exactly sucks about that?

Please, enlighten me...

best regards

/edit:

My only question:

What is with PvP tournaments?

Please try to get 80 points or 135 points.
You would have to participate in 20-30 races, earning on average 5 points per race.
Please check how many people achieved more than 80 or more than 135 points in the last season.
If you're a nolifer, got no job, live in your moms basement, then surely the rewards dont suck. If you're not able to race 24/7 due to a 9 to 5 job, it's next to impossible to earn 80 points during a season.

And as far as Demis go, that's a select few of progamers that place in top 10 in each race who get them.
IGN Kinnat (S) / Sihaam (S) / Aedhammair (S) / Ranulfr (S)
☄ 1.0.0 The Butchery of Mages Patch
Last edited by entropus on Nov 14, 2013, 6:48:34 AM
Regardless if people buy them for the precious rmt exalts or not, their only value consists of being legacy and having fancy icons. le heup and axium is halfway decent, but by no means worth the effort.
These rewards could have all been white iron rings with fancy icons and they would hold approximately the same value.
"
Snifnix wrote:
Regardless if people buy them for the precious rmt exalts or not, their only value consists of being legacy and having fancy icons. le heup and axium is halfway decent, but by no means worth the effort.
These rewards could have all been white iron rings with fancy icons and they would hold approximately the same value.

You do realize that the same logic could be applied to any item in the game? None of the items in this game are worth anything unless people value them at a certain price for whatever reason.

Now to argue that one value judgement (utility) is more indicative of something's true value than a different value judgement (prestige of the item and rarity) is just downright silly.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 14, 2013, 6:52:48 AM
Chris, at one time months and months ago we were promised lifetime race rewards...
I assumed that this would be in the form of items or something special for our accounts.
Has this been scrapped?
I'm still really looking forward to it.
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
Snifnix wrote:

You do realize that the same logic could be applied to any item in the game? None of the items in this game are worth anything unless people value them at a certain price for whatever reason.

Now to argue that one value judgements (utility) is more indicative of something's true value than a different value judgement (prestige of the item and rarity) is just downright silly.

This might come as a shock, but there is actually items in this game that is sold for more than 1-2 chaos and/or is actually used outside leveling from 1-15 or get-me-killed-the-fastest builds.
I know it might be hard to believe considering the unholy amounts of trash items produced. But if you search the Action hou..... poe.xyz.is , some people have managed to find something that is worth more than 5-6 alteration shards.

Edit: yea, how silly of me to not consider the value of looking good while being retarded. Some epic epeens being stroked somewhere I'm sure.
Last edited by Snifnix on Nov 14, 2013, 7:00:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info