[1.2.0] How to Smash Heads.Guide for a CI Facebreaker Witch with Infernal blow2

It is still viable and it can still kill everything that it could before. The problem for me is that it can't kill Queen Atziri.. or more like it can't kill the 3 bosses before her she doesn't looks so scary because she can't one-hit me and that's the main problem with her. But the crazy degen of the bosses before her combined with nerfed VP + no regen to counter the degen effect is unbearable.
I also havn't tried the new 79 map so i can't tell you how it will perform there.
So aside from that everything else is just fine. Reflect is still no problem, high level tough maps .. everything.

As for a better build ... i just don't know... keep in mind that the best builds are not best because of the build itself but because of the mirrored/legacy items that the player owns.

I can tell you whole areas of build that are just not good at all at this points ( speaking of Queen Atziri/end-game content(76+ maps) point of view ) All spell caster have terrible survivability or terrible damage output or both and now with the VP nerf .. ele reflect pack = insta death. Totem builds.... the totems die in seconds... same goes for minions(atleast in the Queen Atziri case). Crit builds - they can have good survivability and really deal huge dps.. the problem is that with the nerf of the VP you will oneshot your self 1263153216 times.

The only really viable builds are full tanks with all in block and life/ES if it has legacy Aegis aurora and Kaom's Heart(if you go for life instead of CI) - even better. Stack insane amounts of armour and combine it with life leech and high life regen and you'll be invincible. The problem of course is the damage... you need mirrored 1h weapon or you'll do very low DPS.. and i mean VERY low.

of course that's just my point of view and i don't claim that it is 100% accurate.
In the ends it all comes to gear ... if you have mirroed items you'll do good ... if you don't.. well... good luck.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
If you have no gear(playing invasion) would you recommended marauder facebreaker or witch facebreaker?
The vaal pact nerf was too much taken away from this build. I died to RF in poorjoys last night because i wasn't leeching enough hitting full mobs of 15+ on my screen with 33k dps. Pre patch i could stand in there for days and not even care/go AFK. I'm trying really hard to like the build still but it's hard and like Korgoth said above, the degen on the bosses before Atziri is impossible.
Yes, with the VP nerf even with a life leech gem the degen effects are devastating for this build.

@1UPedU
Duelist/marauder facebreaker - it's alot cheaper and it work ok with minimum gear.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I would never go to Atziri at the moment, even if I could. The stuff I've seen from this boss is enough to take me away from it. I have not rebuilt my FB Wich yet, I more play Diablo 3 at the moment (with a surprisingly similar 'Exploding Palm' build ^^ ). I mean, if not even an mighty Facebreaker build with powerful Aegis Aurora support can survive in the new zones, who can? I guess at least this Docks Snake Boss with his clones should be compared easy with an proper Infernal Blow chain reaction but besides this, most of the new Corrupted Area Bosses are just to imbalanced imho. Even my Summoner Witch had some hard confrontations, really, PoE get's more and more frustrating.
I really liked this build here, it's sad that it was affected directly by the compared huge VP nerf, I wonder if GGG nerfs stuff because of certain builds? O.o"
well the build can handle the Queen herself .. but the degen of the bosses before her.. impossible... with the nerfed VP .. every high degen is very dangerous ( i.e. Maegara )
Is there no immunity against degen somehow? I thought there is a passive that prevents life leech from you, may be something different but usualy an Unique Item for every purpose exists, maybe even degeneration immunity? ^^
Unfortunately it doesn't not in the case of the Atziri bosses. Its not chaos(so CI doesnt do anything) it's not bleeding ( so you can use remove bleeding flasks) and it's not a form of a life leech .. it just kills you... fast...
How I "love" PoE for it's hidden and not comprehensible game mechanics... XD
"
KorgothBG wrote:

With deepest regrets i must admit that now this build has lost it's edge compared to the life based build. It's still slightly better.. but it doesn't justify the huge difference in the currency value between the 2 builds. Don't get me wrong - it's still isnanely tanky and powerful and i'm pretty sure that it will still be able to deal with everything in PoE but its just not alot better than the life based one ( before it was ).

Where is this "Life-based" build? I want to try this build on a shadow, but I don't have CI gear, and the VP nerf seems to make that even more important than before. And it seems that, since you use many uniques in this build, you can only get the ES in armor, shield and boots (and still rainbowstride has 200- ES) Have you tried this with a full ES chest? would this make survivability better?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info