[1.2.0] How to Smash Heads.Guide for a CI Facebreaker Witch with Infernal blow2

@tanfodelmale
That's most likely the reason.

@Rienslol
It is if you have the needed gear... but on a new league you don't so i'd say... "not yet"

Also entered the Apex of Sacrifice today for the first time with this character. Tl;dr i failed.
Spoiler
WARNING SPOILERS!
Spoiler
I mean it!
Spoiler
You have been warned!
Spoiler
It's filled with Vaal Fallens, Constructs, Some Skeleton spark mages and totems.All magical ( blue ) and with huge life pool. The Vaal Fallens have pretty high damage it takes around 2500k ES per hit... good thing that i have high block. The Double Vaal Bosses are relatevly easy but deadly.. you need to be very careful! After them - another area with magic monsters. Then the next 3 Bosses.. and i must say - these are INSANE! Huge bleeding which is handled by flasks and huge bleeding like degen skill on hit .. and there's no cure for it. I've managed to kill the first one without dying(havn't died yet too) but when he did he spread something like a black smoke with 1283616253 degen per second. 3 Seconds later i was dead. At that point miscreations start spawning. Died a second time just before i killed the second Boss. Finally killed him(her actualy) and again that black smoke. I managed to escaped it somehow(oh and btw the smoke stays there.. forever). So i've taken on the third guy. The miscreations had bleeding attacks and on top of that exploding miscreations started to spawn non-stop and of ourse the boss had bleeding and degen damaging attacks too. Died another 3 times then i finally killed him too .. and died imidiately due to bleeding. And that was all... It's not possible to deal with that .. atleast not with this build/my gear
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 7, 2014, 3:22:29 PM
Since the Vaal patch, the Energy Shield does not replenish in combat as it did previous. To counter this, I swapped out the melee splash gem and replaced it with a life leech gem. Your DPS will go up slightly but your damage radius will shrink, but you still have plenty of radial damage. Your Energy Shield will recharge per strike and quickly.
That's exactly what i did... unfortunately it wasn't enough

Perhaps a high regen life based build will perform better.. atleast... vs those 3 guys
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 7, 2014, 4:15:36 PM
i just cant use vaal pact any more!
the leech is somehow "not enough" -> i have 8% but it seems just not enough ... O.o

guys does the new vaal pact work for you?

plz let me know, ty :)

For me .. it work pretty much ok ... but i have high Damage for the build. If it's hard for you might want to consider replacing melee damage on full life or melee physical damage(they are absolutely the same) with Life leech gem. That way you'll also leech from your fire and cold damage and the difference is huge.
i love that passive tree reset thing ;)

And me too..no visible effect of VP nerf..nothing on regular map nor on reflect one ;) Everything works just fine :)

@Korgoth..once again i made new ( for fun ) version of duelist CI facepalmer..running with auras now ;D

Here is my passives
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwB5wW1DjwRlhXXFy8ZihoyGo8byBzcHRQegSLqKMUo-imlKjgsvzboOlI8jkMxQ2NHBkuNTDVOKk99UWBV1lYtVmNXDVfJWK9Y9VnzXhNfamEhZOdmnnB9cLtxTXKpeA182X_GgFaApITvhq6PRo_6kc6TJ5krms-btZ3Ens2fo5_LpwinMKefqW6plax_rKqsr7QMtMW2QbcxuJO77b6KwBrBxcLswzrDbcOGzerSIdeG2-fi6ueR6Nbquuvu7Bjzvvba9zL3vvrS-wn_HA==

ANd gears same as on your CI witch :)
Just did few maps for testing..in shipyard, was easy :) tho my dps a lot lower in this version ( not using hatred ) but i have 15k armor ( ~35k with granite on )
Was able to just stand near boss and take a cigarette ;)

And than tried cells map..this time with reflect mod so used LL gem..thus DPS went down to 17k..also were streaming that run so had crazy lag..still was same story with the boss ;)

It;s kinda glass cannon since i have only 4k ES :D but it;s fun :)

What do u think about my passives? maybe i missed something? how can i improve it ? :)
Wicked_Clown
Last edited by DjPapaz on Mar 11, 2014, 1:22:08 PM
Well it looks ok. Kind of low on the ES. I see that you don't have mind drinker but as long as you have some from your gear you don't need it. You can reach Charisma and Mana geyser true Harrie and that way you'll save 1 passive skill point.
Overall it looks ok .. althout i don't like the fact that you have less block. The extra armour makes up for the less ES. And to be honest lower DPS due to no hatred is not that extremely bad. After all many monsters have elemental/cold resistance so it shouldn't be that bad.
Wouldnt frenzy + a tree like this be more beneficial?
Also an option is to drop CI for the ES wheel and run low life with shavs. You could run a lot of auras that way.

Determination + Grace + Reduced Mana + Blood Magic to reserve 92% of your life

28% Discipline
28% Hatred
28% Haste

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBEVC71jvh4vdtGacrwfOio3_GHNzBxRGWkycsvw5IcLu0DIau44SnNNkTRnHquhXXiGsvb-GIgwk8jteGtvc2PW-eV8lWY5maES-ly8pKKPrrYwzyGYbDOuvuBbWsR5u1uJO0xessGYqnCAx9wuwrCipN-wmPRhB_RwYegcEAPycVIPbaHRTGnl9qS43bGkrILOkaj_rSTDX_HBB7bqrdDWaecH0XLyjF9Uu18luvwBpxTamVZOfzvr46qW5OKlnzms8aMlXWbEYqOLZBKaWsqkNjUWCApHJsWhpyqbcxMgl82Vj1ncQ=
Last edited by Xendran on Mar 12, 2014, 1:42:30 AM
You can run a lot of auras but good luck to get the needed socket colors on a shavronne's wrappings!

The Frenzy skill is.. well.. it's not that good at all because the AoE with melee splash is very low and the lack of the explosions which actualy deal massive damage is not compensated by the slightly higher possible damage ( to be honest the damage won't be more without all possible frenzy charges and you just don't have the passives for that )

There are 3 major problems with your tree:
1. You don't have Unwavering Stance
No US + CI = you getting stunned on every hit that you take
2. You don't have enough block!
3 It's a tree with 118 .. not that it's impossible to reach level 100 .. but planning a tree for that level is not a very good idea.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 12, 2014, 4:08:33 AM
Alright so I've been thinking a lot before I reallocated all my passive points. Is this build still the end all be all build? It does not seem like it now that the nerf to the Vaal Pact node was nerfed so badly. I have a complete build set for this build but should I just sell the pieces off and start fresh on a potentially better build? Are there a lot stronger builds now after the patch? How well does this build fair when fighting the new higher level bosses? It used to walk through everything like it was a tea party but now, it sounds like things have changed... and I know a lot of people have a ton of different characters with awesome builds and items but I can't really afford to have a bunch of characters with end-game items. I don't have the time to farm out enough exalts for tons of end-game items.

Thus the question arises for me, is this as viable as before? What is better?

Thanks in advance!

Bloodzy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info