[1.2.0] How to Smash Heads.Guide for a CI Facebreaker Witch with Infernal blow2

I´m testing the new FC build, atm , about +900 ES, and i have about 5.2K ES with same gear. Still testing, in a few days i will put results.

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Guide updated.
What can i say. This patch is a huge buff to any build that uses ES and this is one of those builds. Also the cost of the Infernal blow is lower now so it's even easier to sustain your mana.
Great patch for this build... unfortunately for me i've sold my chest and my high ES+block shield awhile ago.. so i won't be able to update the screenshots or give you any actual numbers :/

Perhaps i'll buy the gear that i'm missing at some point tho.

Ye, 1.2 seems like a huge buff to ES. I haven't played CI in forever, and in Beyond League, the most annoying thing to me is the chaos degen that those Beyond mobs usually generate.
So, I was looking for a CI melee build that was hardcore and new league viable and I decided on yours :) I'll let you know how it goes, only lvl20 atm. DPS with FB + Meginord's is insane lol :)

As I play Hardcore, I may not get the Abyssus... we'll see. Certainly no way to get the Aegis :/ Also, I decided to route through the Purity of Flesh Wheel and respec later, I feel like I need atleast that 20% life to make it to lvl60, regardless of high dps, max block and LL.

Very cool build!
Yes, since you'll be playing HC it would be better to use an ES helmet. That's a big hit on your dps but better be safe than sorry :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Well, I ripped her in Cruel docks. Brain afk + no fire res + many voidbearers = death.
A shame really, I liked the build and wanted to see what it could do after the CI transition.
Might just play her a bit more in Standard....

Hint for anyone trying this in a HC league: Levelling without any HP nodes does not really work, unless you have levelling gear as good as the OPs. I took about 40% increased life nodes and still had only 1500 life at lvl45 - not really enough for a HC melee char, even with high block.
Well yes... like i've said in the first page if you play in HC you want to take some life nodes for extra safety.

Quote:
"@helgi Yes if you play in a Hardcore League taking some life nodes early on can be helpful... it's always good to have more life... you know... just in case"

And of course one of the most important things is the Crest of Perandus, It literally is the difference between life and death.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 2, 2014, 4:30:28 AM
Hi, I'm in the making of a facebreaker witch and just searching through the foruns to see if anyone else had the idea! I liked you're guide and my passive skilltree is similiar to yours!

this is my build at the minute, currently level 64.

This is my gear

Spoiler

It's not endgame gear yet, like the chest piece, better amulet(might regal the one I have).

I can run with 2 60% aura's as of level 15 reduced mana and currently running discipline/hatred. I have purity of elements linked too just incase I need it and switch it with hatred.
Last edited by samboovgy on Nov 25, 2014, 5:34:04 PM
Hey guys .. just wanted to say that due to some game changes which took place in 1.2 and 1.3 i'll discontinue this build and i won't update this guide anymore. It's not as good anymore and at the moment playing with a life based facebreaker character is just better and cheaper.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Hey guys .. just wanted to say that due to some game changes which took place in 1.2 and 1.3 i'll discontinue this build and i won't update this guide anymore. It's not as good anymore and at the moment playing with a life based facebreaker character is just better and cheaper.

Is this still the case with this newest update?
Is this still viable?
"
safety2nd wrote:
Is this still viable?

Likely yes and no.... tree will be different and scaling with Elementalist + Avatar of Fire + elemental damage on tree is going to be the way to go. Otherwise the interactions aren't much different

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info