[1.2.0] How to Smash Heads.Guide for a CI Facebreaker Witch with Infernal blow2

Hello KorgothBG

I'm trying to find a way to make a "Fire Warrior-Witch". I was seeking what the main attack could be and thought : why not Infernal Blow just as your Facebreaker build ?

Infernal Blow does Fire damage and with some nodes increasing fire damage it could be interesting imo with the sword Goddess Scorned (quite an expensive sword though).
Do you think something like that could be viable at least for standard league? (I haven't planned a tree yet, just trying to gather information before trying to make a build)
Last edited by Fatabot on Aug 4, 2014, 5:11:55 PM
Well if you want to make a fire fighter with infernal blow the Godess Scorned would not be the best option in my opinion due to its low damage, mediocre attack speed and most of all the inability to use a shield or a second weapon. infernal blow already converts half of your damage if you take the Avatar of Fire you'll have 100% physical damage converted to fire and you'll be able to use a different weapon/weapons/weapon+shield.

Now if you want to use the Goddess Scorned ... well ... it will be a weapon trilogy ( or at least that was the initial idea ) so you could wait for the 3th sword which would be more powerful and possibly an endgame item.

How viable it would be .... i really can't tell ... it can be playable but in my opinion it won't be the most efficient thing. But if you just want to have fun and don't care about high endgame content then it sounds like a cool idea.

Anyway i'd suggest that you wait until 1.2 is out .. who knows what changes it will bring ;)

P.S.
Damn the prices of the Goddess bound and scorned are just insane ... for swords that are actually no good for .. well.. anything ( except maybe as an item skin - the Goddess Scorned looks awesome ) .. and to think that i've bought a Goddess bound awhile ago and crafted the sword for a total price of around 4-5 chaos orbs ... damn i should've made dozens of those!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hey, thanks for your opinion about this. I find it kinda hard to make viable melee witch, I tried with Claws but it got quite hard in Act 3 (normal...).

Yea the Goddess Scorned skin is very good for a fire-themed character, but hell, 20 exa for a crappy version of it doesn't seem like a fair trade lol.
Well one of the extremely important thing about such a build would be the double cursing ( elemental weakness + flammability ) and go for Infernal Blow + Melee Splash + Weapon Elemental Damage + Fire Penetration + Multistrike + Life leech
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I think this build....is gonna be famous with new patch xDDDD

Btw, i followed your DUELIST FC build and..with a Witch is more OP!

Statics (lvl 90)

CHEST 5L
=========

IB+FA+MELEE PHY DMG+MELEE DMG FULL LIFE+MULTISTRIKE

54K DPS (blood rage + 3 FC)
68K DPS (Flask)
89.6K DPS (Vaal haste 10sec.)

CHEST 6L
=========

IB+FA+MELEE PHY DMG+MELEE DMG FULL LIFE+MULTISTRIKE+ADD FIRE DMG (OP)

69.4K DPS (blood rage + 3 FC)
85.7K DPS (Flask)
112.7K DPS (Vaal haste 10sec.)

NOTE: NOT TESTED IN GROUP, all test SOLO

OTHER STATISTICS
================

4.2 ES (still can be improved)
9.7K AR (still can be improved)

FIRE RES 75%
COLD RES 50%
LIGHT RES 75%

BLOCK PHY 69%
BLOCK SPELL DMG 26%

AURAS: HATRED+DISCIPLINE+TEMPEST SHIELD

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Aug 16, 2014, 8:35:48 AM
With all new ES nodes this might be the case indeed. But that's all based on a passive skill tree ... we can't be certain about anything until the actual 1.2 comes out.

With the lack of max all resists on the new passive tree, this might actually be worth using on CI facebreaker now. 75% turns into 81% all resists. Plus with that nerf to vaal pact, the 5% extra leech would be useful. I suppose it all depends how much ES you can get out of this new tree.
...................................................₪₪╔═════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ IGN: DEMENTAL ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═════════════╝₪₪
Yes it can be useful indeed. After all it is a cool chest, just the ES is low.
what changes after patch??
Guide updated.
What can i say. This patch is a huge buff to any build that uses ES and this is one of those builds. Also the cost of the Infernal blow is lower now so it's even easier to sustain your mana.
Great patch for this build... unfortunately for me i've sold my chest and my high ES+block shield awhile ago.. so i won't be able to update the screenshots or give you any actual numbers :/

Perhaps i'll buy the gear that i'm missing at some point tho.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Aug 22, 2014, 6:45:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info