[1.2.0] How to Smash Heads.Guide for a CI Facebreaker Witch with Infernal blow2

If you mean Weapon Elemental Damage .. well it does not affect unnarmed attacks.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Oh really? I was under the impression that it was only linked to the ability used, not the weapon. But that makes my decision very easy, thanks.
Very nice guide! Facebreakers are my absolute favourite item in the game, and once I am done levelling my Duelist Frenzy FB build I'll give this one a try. That is, if I can get my hands on a 6L AR/ES Chest.

One question though: Where would you say this buil is ranked besides the more common Marauder/Duelist Life based FB? In terms of survivability/damage.

Regards.
Well as you know ( or maybe you don't? ) I also have a somewhat popular Duelist/Marauder FB Life based build ( i actualy played 8 different FB characters from Closed beta until now ) So i can compare them pretty well and i'll try to do that in details now. i'll use LFB (life based FB buidl) and CIFB ( chaos innoculation FB build ) abbreviations.

Ok so let's start with the damage. The LFB and CIFB seem to have pretty much the same DPS but that's not exaclty true. The difference comes from the only different support gem between these 2 builds. The LFB uses Added Fire Damage and the CIFB uses Melee Damage on Full life. Both support gems ill give you pretty much the same DPS but the Added fire damage gem will increase your fire damage by alot and that's not exactly a good thing ( compared to Melee damage on full life ) because when you stuble upon an enemy with fire resistance or elemental resistance or when you play a map with 75% fire resistance you'll do less damage. At the same time Melee Damage on Full life increases all of your damage ( fire, physical and cold ) so that's the better option and gem therefore CIFB has slightly more DPS than the LFB.

The defenses .
I'll start with the armour rating. Since the LFB can and use only Armour based gear you'll have alot more armour and alot more physical damage reduction. This is especialy good since you'll be wearing an Abyssus and you need as much armour as possible. Unfortunatly the things that will oneshot you as a CIFB will oneshot you as a LFB too even with alot of armour. Those things are - Maze Map Vaal Oversoul Smash attack; Residence Map Dominus Smash attack and Palace Map DOminus Smash attack. Of course you can block these attack... but you have 25% chance that you won't block them.. and you'll die. The Maze map boss smash attack is very easy to dodge.. as for the other too.. well they are much harder to manualy dodge.
About the resistances. It's equaly possible for both builds to cap there resists. But with the CIFB you have 100% chaos resist. That really helps in PvP and in the Jungle Valley map
About the block. It's equaly easy to reach max block with both builds BUT the CIFB has more spell block due to the RainbowStride and the Rathpith Globe on offhand. Ofcourse as a LFB you'll have Saffael's Frame on offhand so the difference is not that big ( especialy vs Bosses ) Having Aegis Aurora on the CIFB is a huge boost to survivability(ES gain on block).
As a LFB you'll have evasion because you don't need Unwavering Stance and taking Iron Reflexes is a waste of points(explained that many times in all of my FB threads). No evasion for you if you are CIFB.
Life + Life Regen vs Energy Shield + Ghost Reaver + Vaal Pact. Well what can i say CIFB is just waaaay better. You can reach higher amounts of ES and with the Vaal Pact you don't have to worry about any kind of reflect at all. Being able to get from 1% to 100% ES in a single blow is a huge advantage. You can use Blood Rage as a CIFB so you'll have alot of Life Leech. Basicly the only way you can die as a CIFB is to be onehitted.

Some other important things
With CIFB it's alot easier to sustain your mana due to the Mind drinker node and because you'll have alot more Intelligence.
Playing as a LFB is much easier in the mid levels and much easier with crappy items. And you just can't pull off a CIFB in the Endgame if you don't have the needed items.
The LFB is cheaper to gear up.
The CIFB is much more unique than the LFB. I've seen hundreds of Duelists/Marauders usualy using BoR ( because it's cheaper ) runing around with no weapon and Lioneye's remorse. Now how many FB witches i've seen so far ? Zero!

In the end i'll say this. If you compare a LFB with the best possible gear vs CIFB with the best possible gear the CIFB wins. It's just much better in every aspect. It has better damage and it has better survivabily, it has bigger ES pool and 100% chaos res and better mana sustain and overall it has less weaknesses compared to the LFB. The only weakness actualy are the 3 cases of being oneshotted ( already mentioned them ) but hey... i'm yet to see a build that clears as fast as this build and it still can take a direct hit by those bosses not block it and still survive.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 29, 2013, 10:42:36 AM
Thanks for the fast and detailed reply. I see your points and must say you're right. I'll start saving currency for Abyssus and 6L Chest now.
Just want to add that it's perfectly viable for a Life based FB build to use the Aegis + Rainbowstride combination as well, even with Bringer of Rain. My level 83 Marauder does that and never dies.

Regards.
KorgothBG, can I buy your LOATH CHAINMAIL? If you agree, PST Ares_FaceBreaker in game.

Thank you.
I'm sorry but no ... i use it :D
"
KorgothBG wrote:
I'm sorry but no ... i use it :D

Understood. If you found better chest armor, pls sell this one to me. Thanks.
Liking the build a lot so far :P

Gear

Will probably stick with this build for a while
I'm glad that you like it Kirino

Btw i've finaly saw someone (you) with pretty much the same gear as me and that was awesome! :D
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 2, 2013, 8:11:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info