Double Strike + Dualwield = worst combo ever?

/e Just noticed that Dualwield is still a worthless piece of shit since I started in Closed Beta.
Nothing happened, 10% IAS + 15% Block for the loss of a shield (shieldstats >>>>>>> Dualwield) and 1!!! usable skill that uses both weapon, Dual Strike (does anybody really use Cleave anymore since Melee Splash-Gem? Haven't seen a Cleaver in ages)

Was planning a Dualwield-Crit-Dagger-AOE-Ranger until I realized that Double Strike ONLY HITS WITH THE MAIN HAND WEAPON.

And I was ..... dafuck?

Not does it only look really stupid, no, it makes Double Strike totally worthless for Dualwielding because I gain only stats through the offhand-slot - and dagger vs. shield has a clear winner (block, prisma, evasion/armor etc).

So Dualwield and no Double Strike.
So what is an alternative skill for Double Strike (no Dual Strike, no Cleave, they're boring and/or has animations ugly as fuck AND I want to hit with both weapons separatly)?
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Nov 10, 2013, 10:53:15 PM
Last bumped on Jun 8, 2017, 7:59:33 AM
Currently dual strike and cleave are the only attacks that use both weapons at once. I'm afraid you're out of options, unless you want to have a stats-only offhander like Last Resort in lowlife claw builds.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Nov 10, 2013, 10:20:50 PM
dualstrike looks ugly until you have absurd attack speed. Then it looks kick ass
"
ktimekiller wrote:
dualstrike looks ugly until you have absurd attack speed. Then it looks kick ass

"AND I want to hit with both weapons separatly"

What's the point in having 2 weapons if I can't hit with them one after one?
I want stabstabstabstabstabstab and not STAB STAB STAB (yes I know Dual Strike 25k AoE-DPS and stuff and blaah).

And does anybody ever use Cleave anymore since Melee Splash? Doubt it. So 1 skill for Dualwielding left = Dual Strike.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Nov 10, 2013, 10:32:53 PM
"
CommodoX wrote:
I want to hit with both weapons separatly

Hits only with main hand weapon:
Double Strike, Leap Slam and Ground Slam
Hits simultaneously with both weapons:
Dual Strike, Cleave
Hits with each weapon separately by alternating:
Every other attack in the game.

Most skills do what you're looking for. Double strike is specifically hitting twice quickly with the same weapon, so will not, but it's an exception, not the rule. Almost all attacks hit with each weapon alternately.
"
10% IAS + 15% Block for the loss of a shield (shieldstats >>>>>>> Dualwield) and 1!!! usable skill that uses both weapon

Um... you get a shitload of damage nodes for dual weilding in the tree. Such as twin terrors (125% crit chance with nodes leading up to it) and a ton of other phys % nodes.

Dual wield is for huge damage. It does that well and the passive nodes on the skill tree support this philosophy.
If you want to alternate weapons and don't mind desync, try Reave! It is the only AoE attack skill with 100% damage effectiveness.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
viperesque wrote:
Currently dual strike and cleave are the only attacks that use both weapons at once. I'm afraid you're out of options, unless you want to have a stats-only offhander like Last Resort in lowlife claw builds.

So why "the incredible build diversity" of Path of Exile does not apply to dual wield mechanics that still to this day has the same two vapid skills - Cleave (which is not stricktly DW) and Dual Strike?
"
Veracocha wrote:

So why "the incredible build diversity" of Path of Exile does not apply to dual wield mechanics that still to this day has the same two vapid skills - Cleave (which is not stricktly DW) and Dual Strike?

My dual claw Reave shadow would like a word with you
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
The title of this thread is pretty obvious....

to me anyway.

Edit: It would be weird if double strike and dual strike did the exact same thing.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Nov 11, 2013, 4:05:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info