Double Strike + Dualwield = worst combo ever?

"
CommodoX wrote:

i would easily run a 2claw-Assasin or a claw+shied Assasin or 2h barb or 1h+shield barb or 2x1h barb

Actually, Assassin martial tree was similarly iffy, three elemental charge-up skills would hit with both claws in the same motion, but phoenix strike, tiger and cobra would use main hand only.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
troll confirmed 8/10
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
troll confirmed 8/10

Nope.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
Autocthon wrote:
Actually, it does not in any way "double" your chance to crit. In fact there is no functional difference between Dual Strike crit chance and crit chance with two separate attacks, and dual strike will always be doing more DPS than alternating the weapons.

Actually, I think there is some merit to what CommodoX is after. There is a big "functional difference between Dual Strike crit chance and crit chance with two separate attacks" in some cases. For example, if your build focuses on global on-hit or on-crit effects, then alternating will give more chances to apply effects. Another example, if you use two weapons of different elements, then alternating allows you to capitalize on Elemental Equilibrium. In these regards, I agree with CommodoX, there is no DEX-based Double Strike-like skill that gives you a quick 1-2 combo.

Last edited by rzhang86 on Dec 26, 2013, 9:28:26 AM
One person once suggested wielding a Redbeak/Last Resort in the offhand and double striking with the mainhand
"
raics wrote:
"
CommodoX wrote:

i would easily run a 2claw-Assasin or a claw+shied Assasin or 2h barb or 1h+shield barb or 2x1h barb

Actually, Assassin martial tree was similarly iffy, three elemental charge-up skills would hit with both claws in the same motion, but phoenix strike, tiger and cobra would use main hand only.
people only dualwielded with assassins in d2 because weapon block was the most broken skill in the game
This is either a brilliant troll thread, or the worst thread ever. I'm still trying to figure out which it is.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
This is either a brilliant troll thread, or the worst thread ever. I'm still trying to figure out which it is.

Either way it's a massive necro bump, Batman! :P
Asks for an alternating weapon green gem. People respond with frenzy.

You shoot down frenzy because you don't want to use flicker strike which you beleive is the optimal way to use frenzy. You then state that you are playing this game for flavor/"rpg" reasons. Sorry but if you are so worried about flavor that you NEED to use an alternating weapon green attack then you are going to end up being a suboptimal build. Just use frenzy and be happy with the extra AS/MS.
"
clabornd wrote:
Just use frenzy and be happy with the extra AS/MS.

Frenzy gives extra MS (movement speed)??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info