Double Strike + Dualwield = worst combo ever?

so, lets see:

Double strike with dual wield can be useful in some cases. If you have only one good weapon and still want to benefit from DW passives and 10% mere AS bonus

Im now using this with my Duelist as main:

I used it firts with Dual stike with some other not-so-good one. When switched to Double strike, my DPS tooltip went down to half, but actual DPS seems to be almost the same. DPS tooltip doesnt work in this case. As offhand I use this, having total 49% block chance

Its very tanky now, but With 2 good weapons I would probably switch back to dual strike for more dps

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Nov 11, 2013, 5:36:40 AM

25k dps using thunderfist for a 5l (using kaoms) w/ dual strike, 33k single target. Which was with a lvl 16 no qual crit damage. With a 20/20 crit damage and better jewelry I expect I'll be over 40k (30% WED on my belt gave me 4k dps on AOE, so another 7k won't be too hard).

Double strike + shield blows. Dual Ungils OP.

edit: forgot to mention, 71% block with a total of 5 block passives, which 2 are in shadow opening so on my way to other stuff and 3 in duelist start so only mildly out of the way
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Last edited by Moosifer on Nov 11, 2013, 6:23:29 AM
Dual Wield is fine. It hasthe highest potential damage in the game thanks to Dual Strike, and 10% more AS +Block is pretty fair for the non-dualwield friendly gems.

Dual Wield is always more damage than a 1H weapon, it is always a bit tankier than a 2H weapon (excepting staves). "Limited" skill selection does't break it, just people who don't understand actually giving one thing up for another can't wrap their head around the fact that they don;t get everything.

Would personally like to see +%Block added to a few more items though.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
im playing a dual striker with this gear

Spoiler

weapons are decent, rings are decent, boots are gg rest is so so

super low armour without molten shell but 12k dps dual strike and 4.2k life at level 70

easily doing most mods 68-69 maps atm

once i use these

ill be raping nearly any map

with 50%+ block and vaal pact dual wield can be fantastic

kill speed over all else is just fun
As others said, having the option to use only your main weapon while dualwielding can sometimes be interesting, there are some uniques you could want in your offhand for their boni or even some normal weapons.

E.g.:
I wanted to make a dualwield build with this:

in my offhand. It provides a lot of boni which i can't get on a shield, but i don't want my char to use it for his offence.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
If you want to alternate weapons and don't mind desync, try Reave! It is the only AoE attack skill with 100% damage effectiveness.

No I don't want to alternate weapons and Reave is the same like Dual Strike, both weapons at once. I already have a Claw-Reaver-Shadow (and the damage is shit without items worth 10 exalts).

"
Moosifer wrote:
25k dps using thunderfist for a 5l (using kaoms) w/ dual strike, 33k single target. Which was with a lvl 16 no qual crit damage. With a 20/20 crit damage and better jewelry I expect I'll be over 40k (30% WED on my belt gave me 4k dps on AOE, so another 7k won't be too hard).

Double strike + shield blows. Dual Ungils OP.

Ungils has SHIT damage. I wouldn't use that over lvl 20-30. And why are you talking about Dual Strike? It hits both weapons at once, which is NOT what I'm looking for.

And Dualwielding has so much cool passives? So has Dagger/One Hand Melee.

"

Most skills do what you're looking for

Dexterity-Skills? Oh great, lets have a look
- Cyclone (300 mana per hit, weeeeh. Also 2h-range >>> 1h-range so dagger is no choice)
- Frenzy (that would let to a Flickerstrike-Build automatically ....yeah, build diversity...)

And that's it with Dexterity-Skills.
Because dagger-passives are all in the dex/int-area. So a Dualwield-DEX-Char HAS TO USE STRENGTH-Attack-Skills (when not Dual Striking)? Really?
Now lets have a look which skillgem works with DAGGERS#

Dexterity Skills : Double Strike, Dual Strike (Dual wielding), Elemental Hit, Flicker Strike, Frenzy, Puncture, Viper Strike
Double Strike = NO
Frenzy = NO
Flicker Strike = yes, but that's desyncs hell and a totally different build because I'm forced to take Frenzy
Puncture = shit
Elemental Hit = no physical damage
Viper Strike = doesn't do shit for crits

Oh yeah, I HAVE SO MUCH TO CHOOSE FROM. Go Frenzy+Flickerstrike or go home, that's the build diversity since closed beta. Great deal.

Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
CommodoX wrote:

Ungils has SHIT damage. I wouldn't use that over lvl 20-30. And why are you talking about Dual Strike? It hits both weapons at once, which is NOT what I'm looking for.
I don't think you understand added elemental damage scaling.

Hint: Added elemental damage supports and auras scale incredibly enough not to need base physical damage. And it scales just as well on Double Strike.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Sony_Black wrote:
As others said, having the option to use only your main weapon while dualwielding can sometimes be interesting, there are some uniques you could want in your offhand for their boni or even some normal weapons.

Not to mention using offhand weapon for parrying and enchantments is pretty much the only realistic way to dualwield.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Double strike with dualwield you just need one main weapon while the other can be weaker just aimed to provide global stats like crit chance / mult.

If you got both good weapons you can use dual strike to hit both weapons or frenzy to alternate between weapons. I have no idea what more could you want.

And if you dislike animations - well sorry but none can help you with that.
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
CommodoX wrote:

I don't think you understand added elemental damage scaling.

I don't think you understand PHYSICAL CRIT DAGGER.

"

If you got both good weapons you can use dual strike

Someone didn't read the start post, great.

I want a skill that strikes with each weapon separatly. With daggers. A dex-based skill. Without Frenzy because that leads to Flickerstrike-builds.
Cyclone gives me a range of 5 with daggers where I can get 7 with a 2h-axe = no option.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Nov 11, 2013, 12:26:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info