Double Strike + Dualwield = worst combo ever?

"
rzhang86 wrote:
"
clabornd wrote:
Just use frenzy and be happy with the extra AS/MS.

Frenzy gives extra MS (movement speed)??

I'm assuming that was meant to be CS (cast speed), or they forget that they're wearing Blood Dance.
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
According to forum mods "sandwich" is considered an offensive word. Who knew?
"
rzhang86 wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:
Actually, it does not in any way "double" your chance to crit. In fact there is no functional difference between Dual Strike crit chance and crit chance with two separate attacks, and dual strike will always be doing more DPS than alternating the weapons.

Actually, I think there is some merit to what CommodoX is after. There is a big "functional difference between Dual Strike crit chance and crit chance with two separate attacks" in some cases. For example, if your build focuses on global on-hit or on-crit effects, then alternating will give more chances to apply effects. Another example, if you use two weapons of different elements, then alternating allows you to capitalize on Elemental Equilibrium. In these regards, I agree with CommodoX, there is no DEX-based Double Strike-like skill that gives you a quick 1-2 combo.

No there isn't. There is no functional difference on registered crits per second with Dual Strike vs alternating hands. the "quick 1-2 combo" is ANY skill that alternates. They're all getting 10% more attack speed, which is "quicker" than using one hand.

Elemental Equilibrium is so bad with an elemental on-strike builds it's not funny. Either stakc all the elemental affixes or don't stack any. Because your damage is going to be terrible if you try to be in between.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
CommodoX wrote:
I want to hit with both weapons separatly

Hits only with main hand weapon:
Double Strike, Leap Slam and Ground Slam
Hits simultaneously with both weapons:
Dual Strike, Cleave
Hits with each weapon separately by alternating:
Every other attack in the game.

Most skills do what you're looking for. Double strike is specifically hitting twice quickly with the same weapon, so will not, but it's an exception, not the rule. Almost all attacks hit with each weapon alternately.

Back from the dead (and sorry for the necro but hoping for a GGG response): can we get an updated official list Mr. Mark pretty please? Specifically Earthquake and Sunder DO NOT work the way this GGG post specifies (it's obviously out of date so that's reasonable enough). I googled this and read the wiki, the wiki is also out of date.

When did Earthquake become main hand only? It's description doesn't state main hand, Sunder's does (so it belongs in category A not "every other attack in the game", but the wiki (which yes I know is subject to the erroneous knowledge of us mere mortal players) says both skills can use whichever hand has an applicable weapon in it.

Sadly I just leveled a build in SSF (Karui_Moshpit) that intended to use EQ with an applicable off hand Axe and a non applicable main hand (which is going to use a different attack skill that only applies to that weapon type) in classic hipster build fashion.

So the question is: is EQ's description not worded correctly or is this a bug, I'm hoping bug but I'm suspecting incorrectly worded. Please make it a bug? My far from meta hipster builds love this sort of quirky opportunity. In fact can you guys consider making Ground slam and Sunder use whichever hand has an applicable weapon? I don't see the harm in this, melee sucks and is only being used by people like myself who are intentionally making their path more convoluted and difficult.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
I feel like Double Strike should also get its own Threshold Jewel or Rework so that it alternates between Main Hand and Off-Hand. As it seems mainly the big appeal to using Double Strike was for using it with Spectral Throw for Single Target or as an alternative choice of Melee Skill for Sword and Board/2H.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info