Double Strike + Dualwield = worst combo ever?

"
CommodoX wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
CommodoX wrote:

Ungils has SHIT damage. I wouldn't use that over lvl 20-30. And why are you talking about Dual Strike? It hits both weapons at once, which is NOT what I'm looking for.
I don't think you understand added elemental damage scaling.

I don't think you understand PHYSICAL CRIT DAGGER.
But that's not the point. He was specifically stating an elemental build.

If you want PHYSICAL CRIT DAGGER why not use mightflays, and if you dislike Dual Strike, Double Strike and Frenzy are both fine.

Actually so is Cyclone. Did I mention Double Strike? I think I did. Otherwise it's Dual Strike all the way, becaus taht's its niche. It does massive damage.

Edit: Also ungil's in offhand is sexy.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Last edited by Autocthon on Nov 11, 2013, 12:27:39 PM
"
Autocthon wrote:
blablablablablabla

As stated in the start post (which you didn't read or you would know that) = I want a skill that strikes with each weapon separatly. With daggers. Physical damage.

Dual Strike? Nope
Double Strike? Nope
Frenzy? Yes, but a joke without Flickerstrike = another build
Cyclone? 5 range instead of 7 = wasted AoE damage (and with that mana multiplier a joke without Soul Taker).

So 2 skills left, 1 leads to a total different build and the other one is so much wasted potential with such low range.

Dualwield sucked in Closed Beta and nothing changed. That's all.

Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Nov 11, 2013, 12:31:46 PM
Frenzy alone does NOT need flicker strike. It benefits flicker strike, but it also has massive self multiplication associated with just using it on its own.

Honestly it's easier to keep one weapon in your build upgraded than to maintain two and therefore doublestrike is flat out better leveling than other dex choices except dual strike. If it's about aesthetics you're just gonna have to suck it up, dex's attack options are fine.

Also you forgot teh broken damage that is Viper Strike up until maps... and occasionally in maps.
Last edited by Autocthon on Nov 11, 2013, 12:34:26 PM
"
Autocthon wrote:
If it's about aesthetics you're just gonna have to suck it up, dex's attack options are fine.

2 crit weapons = doubled chance to crit. Which seems logical for a dualwield crit-dagger-build. So 1 hit with 2 weapons does nothing for me.

"
Autocthon wrote:
Also you forgot teh broken damage that is Viper Strike up until maps... and occasionally in maps.

If a build can't run maps solo the build sucks. "until maps" ........ yeah right, I just farm Docks forever.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
so, you want to play dual dagger crit and say Elemental hit is shit because it has no physical dmg.. This alone proves you have absolutely no idea about how builds are being made and zero game mechanics understanding.. not mentioning that Frenzy bullshit

Or are you trolling? If not better be glad someone is responding and trying to help you despite your arrogance
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
CommodoX wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:
If it's about aesthetics you're just gonna have to suck it up, dex's attack options are fine.

2 crit weapons = doubled chance to crit. Which seems logical for a dualwield crit-dagger-build. So 1 hit with 2 weapons does nothing for me.
Actually, it does not in any way "double" your chance to crit. In fact there is no functional difference between Dual Strike crit chance and crit chance with two separate attacks, and dual strike will always be doing more DPS than alternating the weapons.

What do you think the mechanics are functioning like? Because I have a funny feeling you don;t know the mechanics.

"
"
Autocthon wrote:

If a build can't run maps solo the build sucks. "until maps" ........ yeah right, I just farm Docks forever.
Did I say it didn't work in maps? It just does less broken damage in map content because HP values. Viper Strike needs damage multiplier or ways to increase the DoT damage. Other than Vulnerability.
"
Ludvator wrote:
so, you want to play dual dagger crit and say Elemental hit is shit because it has no physical dmg..

Exactly. I want a physical crit build, I don't care about elemental damage so the unique dagger is useless for me. That's what I said.

And Frenzy (as mainskill, I still need a mainskill you know and there are only Frenzy or Cyclone) without Flickerstrike is so much wasted DPS .........
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
CommodoX wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:
so, you want to play dual dagger crit and say Elemental hit is shit because it has no physical dmg..

Exactly. I want a physical crit build, I don't care about elemental damage so the unique dagger is useless for me. That's what I said.

And Frenzy (as mainskill, I still need a mainskill you know and there are only Frenzy or Cyclone) without Flickerstrike is so much wasted DPS .........
You are so so wrong. So very wrong. Elemental Crit >>>>> Phys Crit. By a pretty substantial margin but neither here nor there.

A proper flickerstrike build shouldn't be using Frenzy at all. A proper Frenzy build will lose DPS if you use Flickerstrike (unless the "frenzy" build is actuall ya flickerstrike build, if so see the former statement).
"
Autocthon wrote:
What do you think the mechanics are functioning like? Because I have a funny feeling you don;t know the mechanics.

Of Dual Strike? Developer said in the Skillfeedback-Threa "crit is rolled once for the skill".

"
Autocthon wrote:
Did I say it didn't work in maps?

Yes you did. "Until maps".

And how does Viper Strike interacts with crit stuff? It does DoT-damage (which you can't increase in the skilltree).
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Nov 11, 2013, 12:56:46 PM
"
Autocthon wrote:
You are so so wrong. So very wrong. Elemental Crit >>>>> Phys Crit.

And?
So if I want a physical crit build why should I be forced to take elemental crit instead? There are elemental damage builds and there are physical damage builds. If only 1 is viable then GGG should fix that shit.

"
Autocthon wrote:
A proper flickerstrike build shouldn't be using Frenzy at all.

Tell this nice information to that 400k-DPS guy - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287
Make
Spectral Throw
great again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info